5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Readylift 2” + uca making contact with springs?

R

Rob5589

Good info, but I already knew this. And you didn’t really answer. Not trying to be a Dck, but I don’t know how else to say it.

“Research” isn’t an answer.

I mean the only happy medium seems to be falcon shocks from teraflex.

We both know what I don’t like about the ride, it’s got 50 cent white shocks on the rear and preloaded coil on the front. Bouncy mcbounce over bumps. People are quick to blame the “small tire big wheel” but has nothing to do with the truck bouncing around on rough roads. And a 5-6” profile isn’t really that small. Sure it’s smaller but it’s not 24s snd 33s.
I can't tell you what shock to buy since I do not have the needed information on the available units. By research, it is best to call various manufacturers and speak directly to a technician and tell him what you are looking to accomplish.
When you look at a website it will give you info on "what fits most," so to speak. If you want to optimize your selection and get the very most for your buck, you really need to speak to the builder themselves.
Yours is a unique set up since you have changed the spring rate by using a pre-load type spacer. So now, the one size fits most likely won't apply to you. By adding a pre-load spacer you have also moved your shock away from a neutral position. You have lost down travel but also up travel since the coil is now effectively stiffer (increased rate).
A shock should sit at, or very near, the center on its travel at neutral (parked flat). Moving away from the center significantly changes the damping which will reduce ride comfort. Also remember, the shock controls the majority of ride comfort/compliance.
For tire profile, a 5-6" sidewall is going to be less compliant than 7+ inches. There is no way around that. A 6" sidewall is short for a 6000 lb truck.
Just because it is free, try airing down the tires some and see if you gain a bit of compliance and comfort. Not gonna hurt to try.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m running the RL 2 with UCAs and do not have the issue on my 2019 Rebel, in fact out of all the people I know or have seen that have done this aren't seeing the same issue you are, it’s odd...I’m very happy, e en did some moderate off-roading with zero issues and my truck rides just as good as it ever did.

Interesting, maybe yours is different being a rebel. The kit was definitely put in right, and maybe i would have additional clearance once i got the truck aligned (camber allowing for more outward clearance).

Either way, i had my sights set on the mopar lift when i bought the truck but was trying to save a few pennies, i was going to source .ORG shocks for the rear, when i did a 1” spacer lift anyhow.

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wrapping up the front end. This lift has already paid for itself a few times this summer

Attachments

• 2277458F-4863-4A60-B82A-2A5BE9F720DB.jpeg
    2277458F-4863-4A60-B82A-2A5BE9F720DB.jpeg
    127 KB · Views: 36

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a sweet setup! I wanted to do my lift in the driveway but decided that wouldn’t be one of my better decisions lol. Maybe one day I can get this setup!

SilverSurfer15

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I can't tell you what shock to buy since I do not have the needed information on the available units. By research, it is best to call various manufacturers and speak directly to a technician and tell him what you are looking to accomplish.
When you look at a website it will give you info on "what fits most," so to speak. If you want to optimize your selection and get the very most for your buck, you really need to speak to the builder themselves.
Yours is a unique set up since you have changed the spring rate by using a pre-load type spacer. So now, the one size fits most likely won't apply to you. By adding a pre-load spacer you have also moved your shock away from a neutral position. You have lost down travel but also up travel since the coil is now effectively stiffer (increased rate).
A shock should sit at, or very near, the center on its travel at neutral (parked flat). Moving away from the center significantly changes the damping which will reduce ride comfort. Also remember, the shock controls the majority of ride comfort/compliance.
For tire profile, a 5-6" sidewall is going to be less compliant than 7+ inches. There is no way around that. A 6" sidewall is short for a 6000 lb truck.
Just because it is free, try airing down the tires some and see if you gain a bit of compliance and comfort. Not gonna hurt to try.

Thanks

Alxmlr789

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That’s a sweet setup! I wanted to do my lift in the driveway but decided that wouldn’t be one of my better decisions lol. Maybe one day I can get this setup!

Thanks! It’s been nearly a year I’ve worked on getting it up and operational (the entire building). Permitting took nearly 2 months

Users who are viewing this thread