5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready lift 3.5 isn’t really 3.5?

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
I’m trying to talk my self into buying the ready lift instead of the rough country even tho I hate how the ready lift sits 1.5inches higher in the back.

Anyways while I was looking into it I started seeing people talking about how you can’t use the preload spacer on 4x4 models thus causing you to lose another inch of lift.So So basically leaving you with a 2 1/2 inch lift as opposed to a 3 1/2 inch lift.

is this true?

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m trying to talk my self into buying the ready lift instead of the rough country even tho I hate how the ready lift sits 1.5inches higher in the back.

Anyways while I was looking into it I started seeing people talking about how you can’t use the preload spacer on 4x4 models thus causing you to lose another inch of lift.So So basically leaving you with a 2 1/2 inch lift as opposed to a 3 1/2 inch lift.

is this true?
My 3.5in SST made my truck sit dead level..Not sure what you're referring to or where you got your info.

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
My 3.5in SST made my truck sit dead level..Not sure what you're referring to or where you got your info.
Really ? I see a lot of people getting a 1.5 inches higher in the back .

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Really ? I see a lot of people getting a 1.5 inches higher in the back .
I think all trucks are a little bit different just because the way they leave the factory

If I was you Id save for the BDS kit- I hated the Readylift

Lonestar21

Reaction score
What are you referring by the 4x4 models? is it a regular 4wd or with the off-road package?
they are 2 different things

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
What are you referring by the 4x4 models? is it a regular 4wd or with the off-road package?
they are 2 different things
That I did not know ! Thanks now I have hope that I can get the full 3.5 out of whatever kit I buy .

BiGJZ74

Reaction score
That I did not know ! Thanks now I have hope that I can get the full 3.5 out of whatever kit I buy .

So here ya go.....hope this helps
4WD= stock height, ORG "off road group"(ur truck will have 4x4 decal on bedsides)= 1" lift from factory. Stock height use entire RL 3.5 kit. ORP use RL kit minus (front preload spacer) if front hub center to fender measures more than 22"

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
I think all trucks are a little bit different just because the way they leave the factory

If I was you Id save for the BDS kit- I hated the Readylift
Wahhhhhhh
Someone finally saying something negative about perfect ol ReadyLift lol.
I have a feeling that rough country and readylift ride the same since they are both spacers

Bee7_ivan

Reaction score
So here ya go.....hope this helps
4WD= stock height, ORG "off road group"(ur truck will have 4x4 decal on bedsides)= 1" lift from factory. Stock height use entire RL 3.5 kit. ORP use RL kit minus (front preload spacer) if front hub center to fender measures more than 22"

I wasn’t too aware of different packages other than the rebel.
Mine is a sport so I think o should be good .
Now to decide which 3.5 I’m going with

Joeyp

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Wahhhhhhh
Someone finally saying something negative about perfect ol ReadyLift lol.
I have a feeling that rough country and readylift ride the same since they are both spacers
Id still get the Readylift over Rough Country- The Readylift parts def look beefier than the other.

Users who are viewing this thread