5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ready Lift - 2" leveling kit with Ready Lift control arms

Texas415

Reaction score
Anyone have the Ready Lift 2 inch level kit that comes with new control arms from Ready Lift? On 2019 Rams or even other trucks really. Trying to see how durable these control arms are, and how the geometry is after the new control arms are put on. I have a 2019 Laramie 4x4, and I know from past truck experiences, normal spacer kit levels with Dodges you will have ball joint/control arm problems sooner than later. Below is a link to the product.

https://www.readylift.com/2-front-leveling-kit-with-tubular-control-arms-2019-ram-1500-4wd-1.html

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I will be installing this kit on Saturday. I’ll let you know and take some pics. From what I’ve read and seen, the arms are suppose to be much better quality than stock as well as retains the angle at the ball joint like stock.

There is a good thread on this forum where someone took pics of their stock arms showing the extremity of the angle under certain conditions. I apologize to the member that posted as I do not remember who right now. I believe he concluded that the 2019s are more off compared to a 4th gen. when leveled making the arms something that should be heavily considered.

Texas415

Reaction score
I will be installing this kit on Saturday. I’ll let you know and take some pics. From what I’ve read and seen, the arms are suppose to be much better quality than stock as well as retains the angle at the ball joint like stock.

There is a good thread on this forum where someone took pics of their stock arms showing the extremity of the angle under certain conditions. I apologize to the member that posted as I do not remember who right now. I believe he concluded that the 2019s are more off compared to a 4th gen. when leveled making the arms something that should be heavily considered.

I believe I did come across that post. Looking forward to seeing pics after you get your kit put on! Also curious if your ride quality will change, if any with the new control arms.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have the Ready Lift 2 inch level kit that comes with new control arms from Ready Lift? On 2019 Rams or even other trucks really. Trying to see how durable these control arms are, and how the geometry is after the new control arms are put on. I have a 2019 Laramie 4x4, and I know from past truck experiences, normal spacer kit levels with Dodges you will have ball joint/control arm problems sooner than later. Below is a link to the product.

https://www.readylift.com/2-front-leveling-kit-with-tubular-control-arms-2019-ram-1500-4wd-1.html
Those are the UCA's I used for my level, but I used 2.5" spacers since the Rebels rear seemed a bit higher. I'm very pleased with the quality and fit of them and when the truck sat back down, there was hardly a need for an alignment, really great fit.

Just remember, they don't ship pre-geased!

Twoamen

Reaction score
Ditto to ksn240. I repeat and confirm his statement. Also greasable fitting, there's no difference in ride quality from factory. Save your old control arm if you have repair shop install. There selling on eBay. Profile is defently worth the investment. Research revealed w/Upper Control Arm, there is zero strain on suspension. It returns suspension to same geometry/dynamics as factory.

kmck94

Reaction score

If you are only doing a 2 inch level you do not need new upper control arms. Once you go above 2 inches you need to consider it. I have taken mine with a 2 inch level and the dealer has said they couldn't even tell there was any angle change. The ready lift kit is overcharging you for something you don't need.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If you are only doing a 2 inch level you do not need new upper control arms. Once you go above 2 inches you need to consider it. I have taken mine with a 2 inch level and the dealer has said they couldn't even tell there was any angle change. The ready lift kit is overcharging you for something you don't need.
The truth is nobody knows how the factory upper control arms for the 2019s will hold up. The 4th gens were notorious for the ball joint popping put of the socket with just a 2" level. Many people will be just fine, others will have issues. The way I looked at it, was that the 2" Mopar lift came with new uppers, and that implied that they didn't think the factory ones would hold up over time with any lift. This is the downside with new models, you just don't know how some things will hold up.

I wanted the piece of mind, so I ordered the Readylift kit with new upper control arms. I will say they are rock solid and the ball joint angle is much better. I'm happy with it.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’ll echo @ksn240 but I will also add, when you remove the stock UCA’s and see the construction and the plastic filler, yes plastic, you won’t feel so bad about replacing them.

kmck94

Reaction score
The truth is nobody knows how the factory upper control arms for the 2019s will hold up. The 4th gens were notorious for the ball joint popping put of the socket with just a 2" level. Many people will be just fine, others will have issues. The way I looked at it, was that the 2" Mopar lift came with new uppers, and that implied that they didn't think the factory ones would hold up over time with any lift. This is the downside with new models, you just don't know how some things will hold up.

I wanted the piece of mind, so I ordered the Readylift kit with new upper control arms. I will say they are rock solid and the ball joint angle is much better. I'm happy with it.

I agree that no one knows. After much research and installing a 2 inch level myself I believe these companies are stealing money from consumers. We also don’t know if the Ready Lift control arms will hold up either. I attached the photos of my upper control arms with a 2 inch level. They still almost seem flush or just a tad more angle then stock. Not here to start anything but there are many people on here that just think you have to spend 400 dollars on a level with upper control arms when you can spend 60 and be in the same boat. If you don’t mind I would love to see the angle of your upper control arms.

Attachments

• 92DA37D8-8F09-4BDB-89AB-09025360BB04.jpeg
    92DA37D8-8F09-4BDB-89AB-09025360BB04.jpeg
    1.3 MB · Views: 514
  • A1E914D9-0D66-4842-B8C6-9437C872FE6D.jpeg
    A1E914D9-0D66-4842-B8C6-9437C872FE6D.jpeg
    796.4 KB · Views: 506

kmck94

Reaction score
I’ll echo @ksn240 but I will also add, when you remove the stock UCA’s and see the construction and the plastic filler, yes plastic, you won’t feel so bad about replacing them.

I cannot say much about the plastic filler but I do know Ram put extensive reasearch into these UCA’s to the fact they reduced 12 pounds from the last gens UCA’s so I’m certain they would hold up.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I agree that no one knows. After much research and installing a 2 inch level myself I believe these companies are stealing money from consumers. We also don’t know if the Ready Lift control arms will hold up either. I attached the photos of my upper control arms with a 2 inch level. They still almost seem flush or just a tad more angle then stock. Not here to start anything but there are many people on here that just think you have to spend 400 dollars on a level with upper control arms when you can spend 60 and be in the same boat. If you don’t mind I would love to see the angle of your upper control arms.

Yeah, I had a difficult time pressing the buy button when I bought mine. They know they have a “captive audience”. At the end of the day though for me, I know I did everything I could do to assure that I do not have any possible issues from stock.

I cannot say much about the plastic filler but I do know Ram put extensive reasearch into these UCA’s to the fact they reduced 12 pounds from the last gens UCA’s so I’m certain they would hold up.

I’m sure they engineered the heck out of them. Being in the construction industry where my drawings are engineered daily, I fully understand the marvels of engineering.

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score

They look good. How thick was the spacer you used?

troutspinner

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I cannot remember exactly but in the 1 1/2 inch area. That still gave me 2 inches of lift.

I asked because you experienced the same thing I did. My spacer was 1 1/16” thick and it blew my mind how you can achieve 2” from a spacer that thick. It really didn’t become clear to me until I seen the drop distance on the RL vs stock pic you posted.

ksn240

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Agreed, I'm not here to start anything, just a constructive conversation. I will say the Readylift control arms seemed to be a lot beefier, and really probably overkill for just a 2" level, and I would be shocked if they didn't hold up. I was just sharing my reasoning for going with it. As expensive as these trucks have gotten, I didn't mind spending a little more if it means preventing a problem later. I will try to take a picture of the control arms tomorrow, but we are supposed to be getting a lot of rain.

I will say I also did mine thinking about the possibility of upgrading to the 3.5" kit in the future. I've since decided to go with a solid 4" lift once more are available.

Also, your angles look great and I wouldn't imagine that slight of a difference leading to any problems.

XDBrad

Reaction score
With the ORP and 2” of leveling (3” total), I’ll take the new UCA’s as insurance. Having popped a ball joint in a UCA before, the cost to repair/tow will be more than the investment. Assuming the UCA fails of course...

XDBrad

Reaction score
I called Ready lift yesterday to order the leveling kit and arms.... back ordered:eek:

Apparently enough of you guys already ordered and drained their supply. Should ship NLT next week. Guess I’ll pout til then.

VaderRebel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
When I went for an alignment it was so slightly out of spec I could've left it. I think the new UCA's helped keep everything within factory angles, considering they are rated up to a 6" lift, 3.5" was peanuts.

And when I had a close look at the factory UCA's, I was glad I swapped them out... just not very confidence inspiring to say the least.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/