5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rams Towing Racecars Thread

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
No car on the trailer; but def noticed the heavier axles on the trailer a bit on the half ton. She pulled good with the 3.92's though. (had to move our compact tractor to the dealership for some work). Think I may hit up Race Ramps for some ramps as it's a speedloader and the Saleen and Challenger are low enough the approach angle is pretty bad. I had looked into building a new trailer and staying with conventional ramps and Race Ramps.. but with supply prices etc.. i'm staying with what i have, Empty isnt fun to tow but with a load she's butter. haha. Just wanted to share; about due for tires, so may do a 2" lift and 33s soon... kinda undecided.. but I will be doing rear bags

Attachments

• Image from iOS.jpg
    Image from iOS.jpg
    293.6 KB · Views: 46

Whodeysrt

Reaction score
What length? i really like that trailer.

Do you have to spec the side opening etc?
28.…..see the pic for all the specs…3rd from left on pic

Attachments

• 44BC263E-DF0E-433E-BE11-CF8B3B82F766.png
    44BC263E-DF0E-433E-BE11-CF8B3B82F766.png
    394.3 KB · Views: 26

LivingwithED

Reaction score
Definitely consider airbags. They make a world of difference for the price.
I wound up getting air bags and it definitely levels the truck out now. I'd like a 2500 but in this market they are impossible to afford. So I'll stick with the 1500 and see what happens. The farthest I'm going is 160 miles so I think I'm going to be okay.

Talon4U2NV

Reaction score
I wound up getting air bags and it definitely levels the truck out now. I'd like a 2500 but in this market they are impossible to afford. So I'll stick with the 1500 and see what happens. The farthest I'm going is 160 miles so I think I'm going to be okay.
I fully know that statement, I got a crazy offer for my 1 ton SRW; I miss it a bit, but so far this half ton has taken all we have thrown her way with stride, and the ride is better as well.

Users who are viewing this thread