5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
back in 2013 (many years and beers ago) when i ordered my ram i looked at all the rambox accessories. gun racks etc. the dividers showed up but were at least twice that price. thinking i would need 2 sets for both sides a dismissed the thought. NOW looking back at it - no doubt i would have only ordered 1-set. put all on 1 side and the other side would fit longer tools. would have ben VERY useful to keep smaller items more organized.
just a side note- i have the 6'- 4" rambox and there actually 4 slots for dividers - not sure on 5' -7" ramboxes

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just can't get over how 3 plastic dividers costs $77 when they also offer oil filters for $7. 7 bucks for an OEM-branded oil filter is down right reasonable but over $25 each for a plastic divider? I've definitely had the thought of getting some marine lumber (black plastic) and cutting out my own.

There is also the other kit for the earlier models that also includes the two floor dividers. The demo Longhorn they had at the Houston Auto show still had the indentions in the RamBox for ones to fit there. That would give you a mostly flat floor across the RamBox with storage underneath the front and rear "doors" you put in.

y4mSPFPb4Wvnkz1ZY_ClL_QffGIJrWFjqZZwOgOT0wv9oFyIM0-1x7b_qzZYuW7VJJ-BuRyD5dgGOG4ApswtxeZHTL0Qj4kLGyAZNTm86Q_1FrarjDrF2IFJBmKJ0DTibkgL5GlwxdNroA0m_ThLR-HAFopCAaCJawq0crtVd4t8xYLuvgmMOPOgkECYl1bu3PhAEL5ok7xdYCCrgp0LD3eHA

Above you can see the indention (lip?) at the front and the same just behind the third vertical divider where these two floor panels would go. Shouldn't be hard to make up some of those either.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
(see attachment)
Noticed this while I was doing some research about payload and towing.

Guess they had people saying they didn't want the other stuff so they made the ram box cheaper but still offered the rest if you wanted it.

Attachments

• Screenshot_2018-05-21-14-49-59.png
    Screenshot_2018-05-21-14-49-59.png
    724.2 KB · Views: 136

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Only in the US it dropped to $995, still $1295 here in Canada with all the stuff.

2019REBEL

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
devildodge said:
you Canadians must have liked the other stuff
1f61b.png
Along with our Canadian Sport model too. Me personally never liked the Sport, thats why I went Outdoorsman.
263a.png

Ram0719

Reaction score
Is there any insider information that the Rambox will eventually be available on the 6'4" bed? If so, when? I know it may have something to do with the HD truck, but I would like to know 100% that it will be offered. Dealer or Ram customer service could not say that it will or will not be offered in the future. Surely to goodness Ram is going to offer it in the 6'4" bed.

Last edited:

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Is there any insider information that the Rambox will eventually be available on the 6'4" bed? If so, when? I know it may have something to do with the HD truck, but I would like to know 100% that it will be offered. Dealer or Ram customer service could not say that it will or will not be offered in the future. Surely to goodness Ram is going to offer it in the 6'4" bed.

As of 06-30-2018, still no Ram Box availability on the Build & Price website for the 6'4" bed. Have you sat down with a dealer and gone through the custom order list? Maybe (hopefully) it's just that the Build & Price webpages haven't been updated yet for the 6'4" bed Ram Box option?

It's clear that for the 2019 (DT) models, it requires both Ram Box ($995 US) and Bed Utility Group ($795 US), for a total of $1790 US, in order to get what one got in the 2018 Ram 1500 with the $1295 US Ram Box option plus the $495 US spray-in bed-liner option ($1790 US total). Same price overall for the same items, just split out differently for 2019 DT models.

CORRECTION: Edited the sentence immediately above to include the bit about the 2018 DS model requiring separate option for spray-in bed-liner, which is included in Bed Utility group for 2019 DT models. Thanks to "mikemcfarland" (below) for correcting me on that.

Last edited:

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
As of 06-30-2018, still no Ram Box availability on the Build & Price website for the 6'4" bed. Have you sat down with a dealer and gone through the custom order list? Maybe (hopefully) it's just that the Build & Price webpages haven't been updated yet for the 6'4" bed Ram Box option?

It's clear that for the 2019 (DT) models, it requires both Ram Box ($995 US) and Bed Utility Group ($795 US), for a total of $1790 US, in order to get what one got in the 2018 Ram 1500 for $1295 US. That's $495 US more for the exact same equipment, a 38% increase over 2018!

Hi go-ram, i believe what also included in the 2 options you mentioned is the spray-in bedlinen ( that was a separate option around $400.00 previously )- so- not so bed (unless you don't want the spray-in B/L) as for the 6'4" rambox - i have been looking/waiting for this option since day 1. see my signature below. with very little information available, some have mentioned maybe when the new 2020 H.D. truck are released? the good news is -if your read the h.d. articles on this site, it looks like they will follow the gen 5 -1500's - which means a new box and hopefully the 6'4" rambox should follow. had they kept the old style box it would probably been years away.(in my opinion)
still on the optimistic side - maybe they are building both 5'7" and 6'4" "side by side" but unlikely. we would have heard something by know.

now on the negative side- look how long it is taking for the 5'7" box has taken!!! i know they said "late availability" but the lack of transparency on RAM's part has a few people upset. i wish they would be upfront and say if/when they hope options would be available.
approx month? maybe?
bottom line- no idea. im thinking of getting the5'7" rambox just until (maybe) the 6'4" is released. usually like keeping trucks 4-5 years but it looks like this may change.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Let me second the comment by @mikemcfarland...all of us with RamBox orders on the 5'-7" beds dating back to May or even April are still waiting for our trucks to be built, and that option was shown at the auto show circuit last winter! I'll be surprised if FCA opens orders for a 6'-4" RamBox when they haven't even announced plans to make one. (This also made my decision to go with a 5'-7" RamBox bed over a 6'-4" non-RamBox bed.)

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi go-ram, I believe what also included in the 2 options you mentioned is the spray-in bedliner ( that was a separate option around $400.00 previously )- so- not so bad (unless you don't want the spray-in B/L)...

Thank you for correcting me on that - important info to know. I will amend my post above, so as to not spread misinformation. It's a relief to know that the total for all of the same goodies that the 2018 DS Ram Box + spray-in bed-liner options together include is dollar-wise the same as it is for the 2019 DT Ram Box + Bed Utility options. Thanks again!

Last edited:

Aries Ram

AriesRam
Reaction score
I can't recall if any of the 2019s at the auto shows were equipped with the RamBox? I read there is late availability...anyone know how late that is?
Where did your truck ship to from the manufacturer, I see it was transported by truck to dealer mine going to Dayton OH. Just wondering if mine we be transported overnight like your was by truck

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Where did your truck ship to from the manufacturer, I see it was transported by truck to dealer mine going to Dayton OH. Just wondering if mine we be transported overnight like your was by truck

Yours will head by truck from Sterling Heights to Toledo and then to your dealer in Dayton.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score

It's clear that for the 2019 (DT) models, it requires both Ram Box ($995 US) and Bed Utility Group ($795 US), for a total of $1790 US, in order to get what one got in the 2018 Ram 1500 with the $1295 US Ram Box option plus the $495 US spray-in bed-liner option ($1790 US total). Same price overall for the same items, just split out differently for 2019 DT models.

CORRECTION: Edited the sentence immediately above to include the bit about the 2018 DS model requiring separate option for spray-in bed-liner, which is included in Bed Utility group for 2019 DT models. Thanks to "mikemcfarland" (below) for correcting me on that.

no problem:) - whenever possible, if you make an incorrect post -going back and correcting it is very beneficial to all forums. NOTHING worse than bad info(y)(y)

Ram0719

Reaction score
Spoke with dealer yesterday, RamBox is still not available on the 6'4" bed. I have read several post/forums and I agree with most that it will not be available until the dealer lots are full of Quad Cab trucks and/or the new HD truck starts production after Jan 2019. I read that the 1500 and HD trucks use the same 6'4" bed, so that would make sense that it will be available once the HD starts production.

Users who are viewing this thread