5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox extender "hooks"

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
This was my order:

82215289AB - Step Kit-Side -$276.10 (this is the bed step that was mentioned)
68054996AA - Handle-Swivel Release -$22.37 (QTY 2)
68054997AB - Inner Panel Grommet - $14.69 (QTY 2)

Subtotal: $350.22
Promo discount 8%:-$28.02
Shipping (United States Post Office):$23.78
Total:$345.98

Just ordered mine. How hard was installation. Any instructions?

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
From where? I've tried several different places, and keep getting 'out of stock - backordered - no release date'
Same thing happened to me. I ordered. Next day got an email saying at least 2-3 months before they had the pets so I just had it cancelled.

Tom488

Reaction score
I ordered from moparamerica.com
You got your order in under the wire:

MoparAmerica <[email protected]>
Mon, Dec 17, 9:33 AM (1 day ago)

to me

Thank you for your order. Unfortunately, we are currently sold out on this part number and it is also on an extended back order from Mopar. Due to the extended back order and lack of ETA we are going to refund your order immediately. If you have any questions feel free to contact us.

Thanks again!

MoparAmerica Sales Team

Lize

Reaction score
I ordered online from Mopar America today and got this almost instant reply:

Thank you for your Special Order! Just a head's up these parts are available but in limited supply (but merely due to Special Order status) and require extra processing time. You can expect an ETA of approximately 3-4 business days to our facility from the time of ordering.

Fingers crossed.

1scruffynerfherder

Reaction score
I ordered online from Mopar America today and got this almost instant reply:

Thank you for your Special Order! Just a head's up these parts are available but in limited supply (but merely due to Special Order status) and require extra processing time. You can expect an ETA of approximately 3-4 business days to our facility from the time of ordering.

Fingers crossed.
Any luck on this? Did you have a promo code? I wouldn't mind getting the step at the same time.

Lize

Reaction score
Just had notification email from Mopar America that the bend extender fittings have been shipped.

Michael Frank

Reaction score
My dealer ordered the parts and mounted them, no charge. I ordered the truck last May when all the literature, and photos, talked about a bed "extender". Truck delivered in August. I didn't notice the omission until recently when I went to put the divider in the "extender" position and found the positioning hardware was missing. The dealer had to order the parts, but they had no problem getting the parts.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
How long ago and from where did you order?
So I ordered from mymoparparts.com which is actually Dallas dodge here in DFW. Ordered about 3 weeks ago and they had to get them in from another dealer since they couldn’t get them from ram. The cost increased once they had to order them from someone else. One of my parts definitely has a 1/11/19 production date so they are still making them for something. Looks like they came from somewhere in Michigan.

Attachments

• 5F9B5283-A49E-4270-ACDD-CFE1A85C1495.jpeg
    5F9B5283-A49E-4270-ACDD-CFE1A85C1495.jpeg
    1.2 MB · Views: 92
  • CC331838-C9B9-4ACC-B6FC-B6E5584A046C.jpeg
    CC331838-C9B9-4ACC-B6FC-B6E5584A046C.jpeg
    1.4 MB · Views: 88

DaBoone37

Reaction score
I just got this from my dealer here in California :( Going to see if the DS hardware will fit.

Attachments

• SKM_22719020115580.pdf
    131 KB · Views: 121

RAMRhode

Reaction score
I, too, was a little peeved that the extender was retracted. And then to get the same canned response as @DaBoone37 irked me. So, after searching for a while, I found them. I ordered them from Myoemmoparparts.com.
It does take a while to get confirmation (at least 10 days). First, they will ask for your VIN to ensure the part will fit. I responded to please ship order without delay. Don’t give your VIN! I thought I would be denied. I received a second email that some parts needed to be sourced out and there would be a 3 day delay. Today I received confirmation of shipment.
So, no guarantees from me, but maybe a shot for those that are looking for the parts needed. 04A1A0E4-0CBC-48BF-9C6C-D84E5453D39A.jpeg

pitboss000

Reaction score
I, too, was a little peeved that the extender was retracted. And then to get the same canned response as @DaBoone37 irked me. So, after searching for a while, I found them. I ordered them from Myoemmoparparts.com.
It does take a while to get confirmation (at least 10 days). First, they will ask for your VIN to ensure the part will fit. I responded to please ship order without delay. Don’t give your VIN! I thought I would be denied. I received a second email that some parts needed to be sourced out and there would be a 3 day delay. Today I received confirmation of shipment.
So, no guarantees from me, but maybe a shot for those that are looking for the parts needed. View attachment 16089
Exact same order as mine - expect delivery today, although I probably wont install the seal. I've gotten used to the "back window open" noise. I really don't hear it anymore.

pitboss000

Reaction score
I just got this from my dealer here in California :( Going to see if the DS hardware will fit.
Question after reading this. Will the dealer remove these items when my truck goes in for service?

Users who are viewing this thread