5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox extender "hooks"

DJR2019RAM

Reaction score
Just wanted to shout out to the folks here on the forum for the heads up on the part numbers for the Ram Box extender hooks - Just received mine and installed - (10 mins max). I have a 2020 with Rambox 5'7 bed and MFT and these fit as expected in the pre-drilled/threaded holes under the blanking plugs. Like some others I would have expected these to be there but in fairness I didn't have the BUG and negotiated the divider in the deal. I too can't see this being a safety issue. Ordered mine from Moparpartsinc - arrived in less than a week.

dpregs

Reaction score
Ordered on Thursday, here today. 10 mins to install.
2020 Rebel

Attachments

• 20200512_141132.jpg
    20200512_141132.jpg
    231.2 KB · Views: 304
  • 20200512_141057.jpg
    20200512_141057.jpg
    251.3 KB · Views: 304
  • 20200512_140637.jpg
    20200512_140637.jpg
    283.3 KB · Views: 285
Last edited:

Ride2little

Reaction score
323ce2d8eac2f5beb0a3efe6f78d36e6.jpg

diamondmi

Reaction score
Not sure if this was mentioned. I just talked with my dealership for my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn with Rambox and they said when they pull up the part number, there's a warning that these parts for the bed extender are not to be used on the DT trucks due to the fact they block the view in some situations of the rear tail lights. I tried to see if they would provide for free and they said because of that warning they can't. They also cannot install them. So I have to purchase them and install them on my own.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not sure if this was mentioned. I just talked with my dealership for my 2020 Ram 1500 Laramie Longhorn with Rambox and they said when they pull up the part number, there's a warning that these parts for the bed extender are not to be used on the DT trucks due to the fact they block the view in some situations of the rear tail lights. I tried to see if they would provide for free and they said because of that warning they can't. They also cannot install them. So I have to purchase them and install them on my own.
Yes, this has been covered (possibly in other threads). Some of us were fortunate enough to get our dealers to kick these in before FCA issued that statement. Sorry about your luck...but at least it’s an easy install!

Gary Locking

Reaction score
Hi, Any suggestions where to buy them?

ExtinctBird

Reaction score

Larry Crim

Reaction score
Just FYI anyone still looking for a BUG bed extender/separator that didn't get one with theirs I have one for sale in the classified section

dpregs

Reaction score
Hi, Any suggestions where to buy them?
These are the links to the ones I purchased.

WhattheTruck!

Reaction score
I was going to use my extender today and what do ya know... thanks for posting the links!

Jceresa

Reaction score
This is directed to those who have received their RamBox Truck. I have seen a couple pictures posted here of the RamBox bed with the tailgate down and in both pictures I don't see the Bed extender "hooks" near the tailgate. Did yours come with them? I find it strange they were missing in the two pictures I saw
Here is a picture of these hooks in use
I ordered mine on eBay, a complete set of the mounting handles and grommets was $85. Ram box handle and grommet kit.

Bitta

Reaction score
Ordered mine, too for my 2020. Would someone who put them on themselves detail what they did to install them, please? Did you remove the plastic cover piece or just drill through it?

Tom488

Reaction score
Ordered mine, too for my 2020. Would someone who put them on themselves detail what they did to install them, please? Did you remove the plastic cover piece or just drill through it?
They just pop out with a screwdriver.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
Just remove the two plastic pins in each cover, but don't remove the covers. The new pieces screw into metal brackets that are under the plastic covers. No need to drill anything.

BNeal

Reaction score
So glad I found this thread! I didn't think it was possible to find these parts. With the shorter beds, this thing is essential!

Thanks to the contributors of this thread!!

Users who are viewing this thread