5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

Foxman

Reaction score
So I am still waiting on my trade vehicle so I can pick up my truck. It's killing me knowing it's at the dealer and, due to work and other circumstances, I can't pick it up yet. Any day now....
Yeah, that's testing your patience. Dont think I could do it...lol

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
My trade in is sitting in my driveway, but it is not ready either. Having spent a week in the woods, what isn’t covered in dust has a layer of mud on it. Am going to have give it a bit of TLC before showing it to the dealer ;)

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
What a day. Stopped by the bank to discuss financing the truck In hopes that my trade vehicle would get out of the shop soon. Was leaving and got the call...my trade vehicle is ready for pickup. I was out of town and decided I could make it home, pickup my trade, and get to the dealer...all while making the loan application with the bank. Got approved and needed the buyer's order. The dealer attempted to raise my price $2800 from the agreed price. I played hardball for 2 hours and got my original deal. Typical dealer. Problem is they wasted most of the afternoon and the bank closed. I was so pissed I told them I was headed to the Ford dealer. They called back and told me to come in with my trade and pay my down payment and take the truck. They would allow the bank to send the balance later.

Whew....so I have my truck. It's great....but that was a ridiculous ordeal. It was all due to the manager being gone and the finance guy was playing his typical games.

I'll get some pics up later after I wash, wax, and detail it. It was dark when I got home. I hate dealing with dealers.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
What a day. Stopped by the bank to discuss financing the truck In hopes that my trade vehicle would get out of the shop soon. Was leaving and got the call...my trade vehicle is ready for pickup. I was out of town and decided I could make it home, pickup my trade, and get to the dealer...all while making the loan application with the bank. Got approved and needed the buyer's order. The dealer attempted to raise my price $2800 from the agreed price. I played hardball for 2 hours and got my original deal. Typical dealer. Problem is they wasted most of the afternoon and the bank closed. I was so pissed I told them I was headed to the Ford dealer. They called back and told me to come in with my trade and pay my down payment and take the truck. They would allow the bank to send the balance later.

Whew....so I have my truck. It's great....but that was a ridiculous ordeal. It was all due to the manager being gone and the finance guy was playing his typical games.

I'll get some pics up later after I wash, wax, and detail it. It was dark when I got home. I hate dealing with dealers.
Focus on the "...I have my truck..." part. The rest will all be forgotten ;)

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats, have fun with your new toy. Mine has been stuck in a rail yard less then 20 miles away

Kaz

Reaction score
Congrats, have fun with your new toy. Mine has been stuck in a rail yard less then 20 miles away
I'm in a similar position... truck is sitting at the rail yard waiting on transport to the dealership...

Kaz

Reaction score

Sounds like they tried to push the price increase on you rather than hold FCA to the original order invoice price. Glad it worked out for you... I'm expecting similar issues with my wife's Lemon Replacement Paperwork. MSRP went up almost $2700 since when we ordered the truck in May to when the window sticker was made available and my replacement process is MSRP to MSRP. And I can tell you after waiting over four months since order and over seven months since starting the Replacement process, I am NOT paying ANY increase in price over the original order I signed.

Adventurer42

Reaction score
Mine finally made to the dealer yesterday. 130 days from order to dealer delivery (not counting the 8 days they waited to actually place the order). Hope to pick it up this weekend. First DT Rambox at the dealership.

Reactions: Kaz

Foxman

Reaction score
Sounds like they tried to push the price increase on you rather than hold FCA to the original order invoice price. Glad it worked out for you... I'm expecting similar issues with my wife's Lemon Replacement Paperwork. MSRP went up almost $2700 since when we ordered the truck in May to when the window sticker was made available and my replacement process is MSRP to MSRP. And I can tell you after waiting over four months since order and over seven months since starting the Replacement process, I am NOT paying ANY increase in price over the original order I signed.
I have confirmed with the owner of my dealership who is a good friend that the dealerships have price protection on orders already placed. Dont let them screw u.

Reactions: Kaz

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Hanging out in the New Boston VDC since 9/26 waiting for a train. Come on!

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I forgot to claim my crown for longest order to delivery! Picked it Wed night and that made it 140 days. Hopefully I was always retain this title meaning that no one has to wait as long as I did!
Absolutely loving the truck BTW!

I claim your crown, 152 days from order to dealer delivery. Will pick it up tomorrow

Users who are viewing this thread