5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox/E-torque order tracking

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just got off the phone with them. No Rambox trucks in stock.
According to the dealership this Ram is sold thats prolly why they said they dont have any in stock. It should like this was a special order not a stock order.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Interesting... it doesn't show as a Sold Order on the POC, just says Dealer Order.

Someone must have agreed to buy it while it was in transit I guess.
Yeah possibly. According to employee "Steven" (313) 528-0443 this truck is sold.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I believe it, but it definitely wasn't a sold order, but a dealer can easily take a deposit on one thats being built for stock and list it as sold internally.

Pretty disappointing honestly that one of the first RamBox trucks to hit a lot isn't a "SOLD ORDER" truck....
Yeah I agree that is pretty messed up that dealer orders are hitting the lots prior to sold orders. Shows FCA doesn't care about the money they are promised from the sold orders.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
Usually around the 11th
Follow-on question: If the v6 eTorque isn't available to order when the August orders open up, would the next time it could come available be when the September orders open up, or could it come available later in the August order window?

Just trying to figure out how often I should pester my dealer contacts to check order availability, since I'll be placing my order as soon as it's available.

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Follow-on question: If the v6 eTorque isn't available to order when the August orders open up, would the next time it could come available be when the September orders open up, or could it come available later in the August order window?

Just trying to figure out how often I should pester my dealer contacts to check order availability, since I'll be placing my order as soon as it's available.
I feel like your dealer should contact you when orders open up if they want the sale. You shouldn't have to bother them.

habu987

Reaction score
I feel like your dealer should contact you when orders open up if they want the sale. You shouldn't have to bother them.
You'd think so, right?

The two dealers I've contacted so far have tried to push a 2018 Limited and a 2019 Big Horn, respectively, despite my clearly letting them know in writing via email what my desired configuration is so my faith in them actually notifying me of my desired options becoming available is pretty much nonexistent.

Still better than the salesman at the Ford dealership I visited a while back to test drive a F150 emailing me yesterday letting me know he could get me an extra $500 off a 2018 Escape if I come in and complete the transaction by Saturday...

alacombe

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You'd think so, right?

The two dealers I've contacted so far have tried to push a 2018 Limited and a 2019 Big Horn, respectively, despite my clearly letting them know in writing via email what my desired configuration is so my faith in them actually notifying me of my desired options becoming available is pretty much nonexistent.

Still better than the salesman at the Ford dealership I visited a while back to test drive a F150 emailing me yesterday letting me know he could get me an extra $500 off a 2018 Escape if I come in and complete the transaction by Saturday...
2018 Ford Escape yeh? wow I sure hope thats a joke.

habu987

Reaction score
Sooooo... the V6 is now showing as available on all configurations for Sold orders... didn't check for Dealer Orders... 23Z on Big Horn, 23M on Limited etc etc. You should be able to place your order now.

EDIT: The V6 is showing for dealer order as well.
Woohoo!

So, if you don't mind check for me before I start emailing all the local dealerships to get price quotes on my configuration, can you confirm that the V6 doesn't limit any options for the Longhorn? Thanks!

Kramersp

Reaction score
What happened to all the rumors about the mysterious 2000 trucks waiting on rework?

sgk

Reaction score
Yours hasn't left Michigan yet so you will need to keep quiet before FCA gets a hold of it. Then you will be stuck waiting another 8 weeks and ill definitely have mine before you. Luckily I'm planning a trip to Red Lake On. so I can always pass by and show it off to you. Plus I wouldn't mind seeing Americas largest mall. My wife will be filling those ramboxes to the rim.

Kramersp

Reaction score
M
Yours hasn't left Michigan yet so you will need to keep quiet before FCA gets a hold of it. Then you will be stuck waiting another 8 weeks and ill definitely have mine before you. Luckily I'm planning a trip to Red Lake On. so I can always pass by and show it off to you. Plus I wouldn't mind seeing Americas largest mall. My wife will be filling those ramboxes to the rim.
Mine has left Michigain.

1Raider

Reaction score
Wish they would start working on building mine...............

Talked to my dealer's ordering person this afternoon... Said he couldn't get the regional rep to call him back an that my order hasn't been updated for awhile an it could've already been built... Lol
Told him he should call back in the morning to the rep that wouldn't return his call,I'm buying a very expensive truck and would like to know why.

Im thinking of going to another dealer and placing another order "just in case" this dealer has dropped the ball....

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Currently 10 RamBox-equipped trucks listed as 'in transit' to dealers in north Texas. Will keep watching...

(And 2 of those 10 are also eTorque-equipped)

Users who are viewing this thread