5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAMBOX delays

alanstahl

Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Limited, fully loaded, eTorque and RAMBOXES ordered 5/2/18, built 6/29-7/21 KZ-P Status. Was advised by Rep that scheduled delivery to Northern California dropoff will be approximately 9/29. There was an issue with the initial build of RAMBOXES that have caused those trucks to be delayed. My truck already has window sticker at $69,190 which I have a copy. Still hoping no further dealys.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
2019 RAM 1500 Limited, fully loaded, eTorque and RAMBOXES ordered 5/2/18, built 6/29-7/21 KZ-P Status. Was advised by Rep that scheduled delivery to Northern California dropoff will be approximately 9/29. There was an issue with the initial build of RAMBOXES that have caused those trucks to be delayed. My truck already has window sticker at $69,190 which I have a copy. Still hoping no further dealys.
My loaded Laramie Longhorn (window sticker $70,135) was built on 8/9, hit KZ on 8/21, and is currently on a railcar with expected delivery 8/31-9/6. Mine isn't the only RamBox-equipped truck that has been delivered or is en route per the RamBox tracking spreadsheet.

It sounds like it's only the early builds that are affected. Is that your understanding?

alanstahl

Reaction score
My loaded Laramie Longhorn (window sticker $70,135) was built on 8/9, hit KZ on 8/21, and is currently on a railcar with expected delivery 8/31-9/6. Mine isn't the only RamBox-equipped truck that has been delivered or is en route per the RamBox tracking spreadsheet.

It sounds like it's only the early builds that are affected. Is that your understanding?[/QUOTE

I think mine was first run, marked hot, hot so likely your build refects whatever correction they made is now in production. So much for hot, hot...

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Just curious, did you order the 5'7" bed or the 6'4" bed with Ram Box? I know Ram started building 5'7" Ram Box a bit ago, but the 6'4" Ram Box won't start production until "the fall".

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Just curious, did you order the 5'7" bed or the 6'4" bed with Ram Box? I know Ram started building 5'7" Ram Box a bit ago, but the 6'4" Ram Box won't start production until "the fall".

You can't order a 6'4 Rambox yet, anyone that is waiting is waiting on the 5'7.

matthewclarkg

Reaction score

It sounds like it's only the early builds that are affected. Is that your understanding?
hey where did you get that order spreadsheet from?? I'm trying to track my order made on May 25th and don't know where to look... I'm being told that the rambox has delayed my build. I have gone through a couple of delivery dates bu nothing. 2-tone black longhorn with new saddle interior / rambox and sports package...

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
hey where did you get that order spreadsheet from?? I'm trying to track my order made on May 25th and don't know where to look... I'm being told that the rambox has delayed my build. I have gone through a couple of delivery dates bu nothing. 2-tone black longhorn with new saddle interior / rambox and sports package...
I think @ExcursionDiesel put it together, and we've all individually contributed to it. We're all tracking our orders through this site or MOTS (over on JeepGarage) and copying our info into the spreadsheet from there.

Wdevito24

Reaction score
I’m dealing with a leasing company and they said any order submitted with the Rambox option will get kicked back as of now. Any suggestions ? any help on this would be greatly appreciated.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member 85

I think @ExcursionDiesel put it together, and we've all individually contributed to it. We're all tracking our orders through this site or MOTS (over on JeepGarage) and copying our info into the spreadsheet from there.
Or BOTS... our in-house tracking service for $25 less than MOTS with the same features and more frequent updates...

YardSale

Reaction score
Any updates on the "current" Rambox delay(s)?

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Not there are anymore, I think mostly just clearing the current backlog

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Not there are anymore, I think mostly just clearing the current backlog

I'd wait to claim "delay not there any more" until every order older than 8 weeks has shipped. Ram is not even close and still won't comment.

ExcursionDiesel

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Mine was delayed 6 weeks to D1 but has since moved at a "normal" pace.

Ordered 7/3
D1 on 8/21
JB on 9/6
KZ on 9/7
Window Sticker on 9/9

Shipping is next. My Rambox truck went from built to inspection, to body shop to shipping without significant delays. Now, it may sit and wait for a Southbound train forever. We'll see.

Looking at MOTS data, SHAP scheduling has no logical pattern. Trucks ARE flowing better now....but the backlog really needs to take priority.

Kaz

Reaction score
If I could simply get mine to move off D1 and start going through the build process I could sleep better at night (my wife would leave me alone)

YardSale

Reaction score
If I could simply get mine to move off D1 and start going through the build process I could sleep better at night (my wife would leave me alone)
Hell.......at this point I'll be thankful to GET to D1!

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Going from dealer to sold order probably reset the clock on you. In the long run it was probably the best thing to do, sold order get higher prioity the dealer orders, or so I have been told

YardSale

Reaction score
Going from dealer to sold order probably reset the clock on you. In the long run it was probably the best thing to do, sold order get higher prioity the dealer orders, or so I have been told
You're probably right...............at least they should have most of the kinks worked out by the time mine goes into production.

Users who are viewing this thread