5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rambox bed divider/extender, officially no longer an extender

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
Alright. I may have missed something. So....does the 2020s come with the divider when you order the ram box and bed utility group and you just need to get the parts for it to be an extender or does it not come with the divider altogether now?

The divider/extender comes with the bed utility group when you order the rambox. The divider still is also an extender but you need to order the parts that go into the side of the bed for the divider/extender to open and be used as an extender.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
The divider/extender comes with the bed utility group when you order the rambox. The divider still is also an extender but you need to order the parts that go into the side of the bed for the divider/extender to open and be used as an extender.
There was a period of time when this was not the case. My 2020 Laramie rambox came with the BUG, but it did not come with the bed divider. Apparently there was a bug with the build tool, so if they selected the bed utility group option before selecting the rambox option, the divider was not included. It was necessary to select the rambox option, then select to BUG option in order for the divider to be included. It sounds like they have corrected that problem, but I wonder how many people were cheated out of a bed divider because of it.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
There was a period of time when this was not the case. My 2020 Laramie rambox came with the BUG, but it did not come with the bed divider. Apparently there was a bug with the build tool, so if they selected the bed utility group option before selecting the rambox option, the divider was not included. It was necessary to select the rambox option, then select to BUG option in order for the divider to be included. It sounds like they have corrected that problem, but I wonder how many people were cheated out of a bed divider because of it.

That's not good. Did you ensure you got them to make it right and get you the divider/extender?? Their screw up shouldn't have kept you from getting something that was owed by your build.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I was eventually able to get them to split the cost with me. So I still spent about $500 on the divider. Wasn't happy about it at the time, but I'm over it now. Does no good to hold a grudge. Besides, I've talked to people who had to pay the full $1100 for the divider when their trucks came without it. Moving forward, I'll be keeping the divider if I trade this truck in the future. Unless the next truck I buy either doesn't have the rambox or they change the design so it no longer works with the old dividers.

peeceejay

Reaction score
After lots of googling and searching, found this thread to be the most detailed explanation of the problem and why the problem exists.

I picked my new 2020 Laramie with ramboxes and BUG up on Friday and found the divider could also be an extender, but I had no way to attach it to the truck. Thanks to this thread I found the part numbers and ordered them - now to see if they actually show up ...

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I just did this install as well so here's where I purchased my kit if anyone is still looking to do the same for their RamBox divider to make it an extender. See the link below to my post on where I bought mine and pics.

mikeru82

Legendary member
Reaction score
I added the pegs to my truck as soon as I bought it. And after almost a year since then I have yet to use it as a bed extender... LOL. I guess for me it was more a matter of "stick it to the man" in wanting the ability to use it as an extender, more than actually using it as such. I'm such a rebel... LOL. I do like knowing that I have the ability to use it if I ever need to though.

Sir Ramcelot

Reaction score
I added the pegs to my truck as soon as I bought it. And after almost a year since then I have yet to use it as a bed extender... LOL. I guess for me it was more a matter of "stick it to the man" in wanting the ability to use it as an extender, more than actually using it as such. I'm such a rebel... LOL. I do like knowing that I have the ability to use it if I ever need to though.

Better to have and not need than to need and not have ;)

peeceejay

Reaction score
I got my bed extender pegs in recently, but it took to today to install them.

Attachments

• IMG_6121.JPEG
    IMG_6121.JPEG
    260.3 KB · Views: 95
  • IMG_6122.JPEG
    IMG_6122.JPEG
    199.2 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6123.JPEG
    IMG_6123.JPEG
    251.1 KB · Views: 91
  • IMG_6124.JPEG
    IMG_6124.JPEG
    220.3 KB · Views: 90
  • IMG_6125.JPEG
    IMG_6125.JPEG
    252.5 KB · Views: 93
  • IMG_6126.JPEG
    IMG_6126.JPEG
    281.6 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6127.JPEG
    IMG_6127.JPEG
    284.2 KB · Views: 94
  • IMG_6128.JPEG
    IMG_6128.JPEG
    212.5 KB · Views: 97
  • IMG_6129.JPEG
    IMG_6129.JPEG
    182.4 KB · Views: 99

INVISBLE

Reaction score
I was told back in 2019 when I bought my Limited Black Edition that the reason they were no longer available had to do with the switch to an aluminum tailgate and that it was not rated for as high a load capacity as the regular steel ones. Just goes to show the idiots at the dealership(both service and the sales managers) havent a clue what is really going on from one day to the next. The DOT explaination about the lights is so ridiculous that it makes perfect sense knowing how our regulatory system works... or doesnt rather.

AevJk1day

Reaction score
Exactly! It’s just the point of it, lol

Users who are viewing this thread