5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox® Cargo Management System missing part

myram2019

Reaction score
I also ordered the parts $80 and installed. It's there now if i ever need to extend.

RebelRam2019

Reaction score
Wonder if having the bed extender out and tailgate down messes with the rear sensors/auto brake system and thats why they dont add the posts anymore
It’s a federal law that says both tail lights have to be visible from either side and with that divider/extender setup it wasn’t so they could not sell it that way or install the pegs any longer. Just order the pegs on line. I have a post in another thread with all of the information, part numbers, prices, etc.

acat

Reaction score
It’s a federal law that says both tail lights have to be visible from either side and with that divider/extender setup it wasn’t so they could not sell it that way or install the pegs any longer. Just order the pegs on line. I have a post in another thread with all of the information, part numbers, prices, etc.

Expensive pegs though

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Saw this in a FB post just now. I thought the 19's still came with the holes, just not the pegs. Can anyone confirm and help. I will be in the same situation this week when my Limited arrives. Bought the pegs, was counting on the holes. Any info or measurements would be great. I will relay to FB.

Does anyone have the mopar bed extender like this one? I need a favor, The 2019 does not have the 3 factory dimples where you are supposed to drill to mount the brackets. Can someone give the the measurement of the location of the bottom hole or if you don't have the bed extender, can you give me the location of the bottom dimple? Approximate location in bottom picture. TIA!!!

BriManley

Reaction score
Saw this in a FB post just now. I thought the 19's still came with the holes, just not the pegs. Can anyone confirm and help. I will be in the same situation this week when my Limited arrives. Bought the pegs, was counting on the holes. Any info or measurements would be great. I will relay to FB.

Does anyone have the mopar bed extender like this one? I need a favor, The 2019 does not have the 3 factory dimples where you are supposed to drill to mount the brackets. Can someone give the the measurement of the location of the bottom hole or if you don't have the bed extender, can you give me the location of the bottom dimple? Approximate location in bottom picture. TIA!!!
The 19 Limited has the holes. I ordered the pegs and they go right in. Got the extender off eBay.

Keironj

Reaction score
So an update to my situation I contacted RamCare and stuck to my guns they've agreed to reimburse me if I want to order the divider but not the posts, so got it on order today and ordered the posts separate.
= I guess I will do the same. Calling them tomorrow..

DonJr

Reaction score
Is this the same Ram Extender/Divider for the 4th Gen. My dealer told my wife that my Rambox pickup does not come with it, and there is not one for it at this time! The owners manual does list it. Also what should the Rambox cargo management system list for on the window sticker, mine was $975.

Ellisstrong

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Here are pics of mine installed as well.

Attachments

• 8FD38952-ED50-4989-A839-C83AC73CCE78.jpeg
    8FD38952-ED50-4989-A839-C83AC73CCE78.jpeg
    117.5 KB · Views: 88
  • 175B823F-0D21-401C-8ED0-F8CBA751BD3A.jpeg
    175B823F-0D21-401C-8ED0-F8CBA751BD3A.jpeg
    177.5 KB · Views: 92
  • E4B09435-3913-425B-8440-FC876F7D186D.jpeg
    E4B09435-3913-425B-8440-FC876F7D186D.jpeg
    135.6 KB · Views: 89

BlckDT

Reaction score
Hi all, Does the extender also go in the opposite direction so I can have an area to place shopping items like Grocery or Sams Club things, etc...? Does it fit non Rambox? I have a 19' Bighorn short bed.

Tom488

Reaction score
Hi all, Does the extender also go in the opposite direction so I can have an area to place shopping items like Grocery or Sams Club things, etc...? Does it fit non Rambox? I have a 19' Bighorn short bed.
For non-Rambox beds, you're looking at the Mopar Accessories bed extender. Here's a quick video showing it flipping from "bags of groceries" position to "ATV/Dirt Bike" position (skip the first 45 seconds or so):

stevestrike

Reaction score
Just installed my pegs tonight along with a divider I had to get off eBay. Spent more than I should have out of pocket, but I don't have the patience to deal with FCA on this issue right now

Can anyone provide torque numbers for tightening the swivel and stud?

tdager

Reaction score
Just installed my pegs tonight along with a divider I had to get off eBay. Spent more than I should have out of pocket, but I don't have the patience to deal with FCA on this issue right now

Can anyone provide torque numbers for tightening the swivel and stud?

Steve, how did you remove the cover caps on the sides of the bed where the new parts go? I tried to “pop” them out this evening they are in there good! I could not pry them out with a knife and I am afraid to break them.

Thanks.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Steve, how did you remove the cover caps on the sides of the bed where the new parts go? I tried to “pop” them out this evening they are in there good! I could not pry them out with a knife and I am afraid to break them.

Thanks.

You won’t need them again so it doesn’t matter if you break them. That said, very small screwdriver or pry tool should work. Insert and twist to get it loosened.

Tom488

Reaction score
I just took a Wonder Bar and a wooden shim to protect the paint. Like Patsy said, you won't reuse them, so breaking them into three pieces was the quickest way for me. Strangely cathartic to be breaking stuff on a 1-week old, $70K truck :D

tdager

Reaction score
Well I am in a situation where I am living in an apartment and do not have access to many of my tools. Just had the dealer install them when I took it in for the airbag recall.

Granted, I inadvertently paid almost as much for the installation as the parts, but hey it is now done! o_O:LOL:

Users who are viewing this thread