5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RamBox® Cargo Management System missing part

NoRamForUconnect

Reaction score
And I've got an electronic copy of the 2019 Ram 1500 DT owner's manual, version 3, and it was published before they pulled the extender. It reads just like the 2018 manual.
Then in my opinion you should get it. Good luck with that though as a first time FCA customer Ive learned quickly they are the lowest, and will be returning to GMC or Ford as soon as my lease is up. Ive wrote emails to ask for help, Ive gone right to the top of my dealer and they have no interest in doing whats right, its always a battle. Not how it should be with a 70k truck... Dont get me wrong as the issues finally are getting worked out I love this truck and even expected some issues on a first year truck, I just did not expect for everything to be a battle, and the almost complete lack of support/ownership I have received

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Has anyone been able to order them lately from an outside vendor? Found them, but did not place order yet. Figuring I will just get an email saying unavailable, although they are not shown as out of stock on site.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20190225-194445.png
    Screenshot_20190225-194445.png
    100.3 KB · Views: 101

Tom488

Reaction score
Has anyone been able to order them lately from an outside vendor? Found them, but did not place order yet. Figuring I will just get an email saying unavailable, although they are not shown as out of stock on site.
I received mine from MoparAmerica late last week. When I spoke to them, they said they had 75 sets they were working on sending out. So yes, the parts are available.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I received mine from MoparAmerica late last week. When I spoke to them, they said they had 75 sets they were working on sending out. So yes, the parts are available.
Thanks, do you have a link to the parts? I saw only trucks up through 2010

Tom488

Reaction score
Thanks, do you have a link to the parts? I saw only trucks up through 2010

Part Number

Part Name

Price

Quantity

Total

68054996AA

Handle-Swivel Release

$22.77

$45.54

68054997AB

Inner Panel Grommet

$14.95

$29.90

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Part Number

Part Name

Price

Quantity

Total

68054996AA

Handle-Swivel Release

$22.77

$45.54

68054997AB

Inner Panel Grommet

$14.95

$29.90

Mopar.com had the Inner Panel Grommet, but not the Handle-Swivel Release.

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The parts on moparamerica say they are for a 6.5” bed. Any reason they wouldn’t fit the short bed? Can someone confirm that the divider/extender will fit a 19’ Rebel short bed?

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So I was suspicious that it was too good to be true. I ordered the extender pegs on Monday from FactoryChryslerParts.com and they had them so I ordered them. Then, I emailed them on Tuesday to check and see if the parts were in and they said:

We did receive the order. It is Order #XXXXXXXX. Your order will ship tomorrow. You will receive an email with tracking a tracking number when it does.

Thanks
Chris
937-98-JEEPS

So I was feeling a bit more confident that they are out there and can be ordered. But then, I go this today.

Your order has been updated as follows:

Your order has been received and is being processed. Most orders ship within 2-10 days, but some special order parts may take up to 14 days However some parts may be on mopar national backorder and could take weeks to obtain. Your order will not ship until all parts are available. If there is a problem, we will contact you ASAP. You will receive a confirming email from us when your order ships!

So, I'm not holding my breath!

Patsy1099

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
It does appear that these parts fall under “special order status” (whatever that means). Maybe the dealers can get them but don’t stock them? They do seem to be shipping though but it takes a couple of weeks I think

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Well, just ordered another set from Mopar. So if they can actually ship them, then I am canceling with factorychryslerparts.com. Time will tell.

Marusho

Reaction score
Thank you, Mr. Hankbot for the Warranty Operations Letter in your 1/13/2019 post, in which FCA sort of explains away their position on the bed extender fiasco. Because communication is FCA's weak point I would like to see others beat this dead horse until some ACTUAL details emerge. On the face the explanation seems laughable. How can the extender be more of an offense than a load of cargo? I WANT TO SEE THE ACTUAL FEDERAL REGULATION CITED. We forum members have wasted an incredible amount of our valuable time trying to get to the bottom of a number of EXTREMELY simple issues, with ZERO help from those who actually have the answers. Ram was so close to getting a truck just right, but they forgot about outreach.

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
OMG! well what do you know. The first order just shipped today and the second order is scheduled to ship tomorrow. I may just decline the more expensive order or if somebody wants it let me know and we'll see what we can do.

Sent from my Pixel 3 using Tapatalk

Larry Crim

Reaction score
Who did you speak too, you have a phone number?
Sorry for the ladt reply been out of town, I've dealt with Ramcare, several reps replied back and forth the one that finailly came across and said they would reimburse me for the purchase was Benjamin not sure his last, one thing was that I was aware after researching this issue that I did not get charged for the part when I purchased the truck but I bought the truck based on the sticker since it was still in shipment. the sticker still showed the managment system and according to thier website and even the customer care website it should have been included with that, my truck came with everything except the devider. I was willing to pay for the devider/extender but not what they were asking for it at the parts department, $1200 for a option that is less than 400 wasn't working for me. Either way the customer care rep came across and paid for it so im happy.

JXL118

Reaction score
I ordered the extender peg/handle from my dealer last week along with my tonneau. They had everything in a couple days. With the 15% off coupon they were only a couple bucks more than online.

REBELl2019

Reaction score
I just got my 2019 Dodge Ram Rebel 12 w/Ram boxes 3 weeks ago, I absolutely love it but I to was disappointed to find that it did not come with the swivel handle and inner grommet so I could use the Ram Box Extender. I contacted the dealer and they are ordering the parts and will be installing them once they arrive. They told me the parts I am missing are part of a kit that shouldve come with the bed extender, they will be installing the parts once they arrive, parts and installation at no charge to me. Now I have to look into these recalls.....

Users who are viewing this thread