5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Truck Sales Up 56% In June, Handily Beats Silverado:

Omarf4

Reaction score
My dealer said they sold 65 ram trucks last month (June), which is usually 30 trucks this time of year. FCA is practically giving them away....good for current buyers....but how does this affect current owners that paid a lot more for the same truck a year ago or a few quarters ago? Talking resale value.

For the record, I traded my 1500 for a ‘19 2500 but took a slight hit on resale due to all the incentives going on...which has me thinking it’s only going to get worse.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
My dealer said they sold 65 ram trucks last month (June), which is usually 30 trucks this time of year. FCA is practically giving them away....good for current buyers....but how does this affect current owners that paid a lot more for the same truck a year ago or a few quarters ago? Talking resale value.

For the record, I traded my 1500 for a ‘19 2500 but took a slight hit on resale due to all the incentives going on...which has me thinking it’s only going to get worse.
Im not checking values or anything however common sense says realistic used values will dip/drop for a period then as they age off and the 2020’s hit the lots it all will restabilize.
The guy that gets hurt is the total loss insurance claim as they can price a used truck equivalent for less for a few months. So the original owner would be more upside down, unless he got the replacement cost rider that most companies offer.

Turin

Reaction score
FCA is practically giving them away....good for current buyers....but how does this affect current owners that paid a lot more for the same truck a year ago or a few quarters ago? Talking resale value.
That seems like something that's really only an issue for people who get a new truck every year or two. Anyone who does that is apparently okay with taking a big hit of depreciation. I can't fathom doing that but if it works for them... As someone who plans on keeping his truck for at least 10 years the current discounts don't bother me at all. I'm happy for the people getting great prices now and I'm happy that I got exactly the truck I wanted (build-to-order), even if it cost me a bit more.

Reduxalicious

Reaction score

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
I don't get how they could possibly blame "ramping up capacity."
There is no shortage of 2019 Chevy and GMC on the lots here
Really, I pass by a Raleigh dealer who must have a hundred Yukon’s and pickups sitting out on his lot, I’m sure some sell but it doesn’t look like it.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I get it. I had a 15’ F150 and thought it did fine, and would have happily gone back to Ford except I couldnt get past paying as much for a Lariat (basically a Laramie) as I could get a Limited (basically a Platinum) for.

My loyalty to Ford didn't run that deep cause my pocketbook was too shallow...

I'm a Ford guy as well, but the current RAM is a superior vehicle and the price offered is insane. I miss my F150, especially that 2.7L Ecoboost, but love my new truck.

AbitaPro

Reaction score
I’m probably in the minority who would say the incentives were reason 1, the truck has been out there for months and received very favorable auto press reviews so thats not new. Those incentives made it a stupid easy decision.
My son purchased due to seeing and riding in ours, but the incentives pushed him off the fence. He wasn't even a truck guy (this is now the family car)...
My two Sons and I are Truck Guys, and when one Son brought his new Laramie home, a look over, several rides, and June’s discounts, it was as they say, a no brainer! The Ram Limited is surprisingly comfortable, and still every bit a Truck.

I wouldn’t worry about the new Ford design, it’s still going to be a Ford no matter how it dresses up. Not bashing the Ford, they are just in another league, when it comes to Design and Build. Anyone who simply pops the hood and looks at the differences side by side, then opens the door and looks over the inside, then finally takes them both on a ride, easy decision.

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Just talked my buddy at work into driving a new ram over his 15 lariat. I think we got another convert coming soon! He hates the 3.5eb and wants a lower or same payment. Cant get the same payment at all on a 19 lariat but he sure as heck can on a bighorn

Users who are viewing this thread