5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Towing Lookup?

Scjon03

Reaction score
Soooo is anyone else having issues looking up their VIN on the Ram Towing lookup site? I have a 2020 and nothing is popping up, it has before. But works on other VINS I tried.

IvoryHemi

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I probably ran 100 VIN’s when searching for my truck. I only came across maybe 5 that didn’t work.

nc_beagle

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Every so often, I'd get an error telling me to enter a 17 character VIN even though I had. It doesn't happen often, though.

Scjon03

Reaction score
I guess they have issues or the trucks don't exist anymore lol. I submitted a ticket but you know how that goes unanswered forever.

1D32319

Reaction score
Every so often, I'd get an error telling me to enter a 17 character VIN even though I had. It doesn't happen often, though.

So I just had that error when I copied and pasted from my insurance website to the towing lookup. I had copied an extra space and when it pasted into the box it added that 18th character (an empty space). Simply ensuring the cursor was backed up to the last real digit of the VIN fixed it.

Nels

Reaction score
I've had it not work before, but yesterday it worked. I have no answers, other than try again tomorrow.

JoeCo

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I've had it not work before, but yesterday it worked. I have no answers, other than try again tomorrow.

That's strange, are you typing in the vin or copy/paste? I've had occasional errors in the past looking up this or the buildsheet/window sticker, but usually it has been due to a circumstance like @1D32319 described above with copy/pasting and having an extra space somewhere.

Nels

Reaction score
That's strange, are you typing in the vin or copy/paste? I've had occasional errors in the past looking up this or the buildsheet/window sticker, but usually it has been due to a circumstance like @1D32319 described above with copy/pasting and having an extra space somewhere.
I typed it in yesterday. And took a screen shot on my chromebook and a picture with my phone. So now I have it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online