5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram service dept has

15clove

Reaction score
Hey so I can not believe how on professional the service dept is at island ram in Staten Island and now even at the one at rt18 New Brunswick..

I’ll start with the Staten Island service dept first …
So I bring in my truck for an engine tic (Hemi tic) they have the truck for about a week now finally getting back to me and said your car will be ready in a lil while .. they said the swapped out manifold gaskets and she be done shortly. I now arrive at the shop a few hours later and them coming up to me saying it not the gaskets after all and that they believe it’s the rockers .. and that they would need more time .. so now 2 weeks have gone by with them ignoring my calls and voice messages ( they also did the same thing the first week they had my truck .. they screened my calls and messages through out the 5-6 weeks they had my truck .. getting back to it .. so another two weeks go by and again they said thy swapped out all the rockers on drivers said and passenger side and they were finishing up and then needed to charge ac … again I show up to shop thinking I’m getting my truck back just for them to say oh sorry but the push rods keep bending and they need to start over again .. another two weeks and after being ignored again I get a call said they are done and they drove the car around and the noise was gone and it’s all ready .. I arrive again sign the paper work and get my keys .. I get into the truck start it up and I hear the tick again and they claimed then couldn’t hear anything and sent me on the way .. now I’m driving truck for a day and I can clearly hear the nose call them up and then saying we can hear any nose but if I wanted to come and leave the truck again .. so I decided that I didn’t want to bring it back to that shop . And was told that shops in Jersey where much better .. so it took me about 4 months before I called and made an appointment cause of business and and not having the time .. so i call and that said they wouldn’t be able to give me a loaner for close to 2 months from then and made the appointment ..

So fast forward to August 7 2023 I dropped of my truck was at first feeling much better this time around , which didn’t last long .. waited five days before calling and asking for an update .. they said they were backed up and they would be taking my truck in at any moment … 3 days come and go no update still , so I call and leave messages and voicemails .. finally after 2 days they message me and asked if I knew when the last oil change was and if I had the receipt in which I tell them yes and the they were the last guys to do that when they took my truck apart the first time and that it was just over 6 months ago and just about 6000 miles where put on truck since .. ii get no response after .. now again wait for a day or two again nobody answering my calls I finally got a message from someone saying { Morning not sure if anyone has spoke with you was out of the office for a few days did just talk to my dispatcher they are taring down the engine it looks like the cam has failed and was not replaced when it was at island . I should know for sure with in the day or so .} then l reach out the next day asking them for update and no response then my wife calls and leaves a message 2 days ago again no call back no messages .. now today is the 29 still haven’t heard anything ..

Now this is where I was ready to lose it .. I call up ram corporate to file a complaint .. after waiting on hold I heard the line get transferred and someone picking up the phone I repeatedly say hello over and over and all I’m hearing is someone snoring .. finally they say hi how can I help u .. and tell them what has been going and .. and I’m hearing this lady snoring like she’s out cold .. then again a couple moments later she mumbled something and I proceed to ask what she said and then she asked for the last 8 of my vin .. I proceed to give her the number .. as she is out cold .. and I say hello and the call ends and goes to there. Survey .. so if u can believe I am ****ing furious..
and cause they gave me a Durango for a loaner I had to go Ahead and rent a pickup to use so I can continue running my job and it’s expensive

Sorry if it seems like rambling but I need someone to help me find out what’s happening with my truck .. and maybe for a @RamCares or a ram supervisor to contact me .. me and my wife have a pretty decent social media reach and and will use it to let ppl know the incompetence and unprofessionalism I have ever dealt with ..

Sincerely a future f150 owner

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hello,
We truly feel regretful for the inconvenience this may have caused you. Please allow us to help you. Send us a private message with your VIN and we will assist you further.
Sylvia
Ram Cares

Jako

Reaction score

Staten Island (SI) dealerships have geography on their side. Buy on SI or go over one of the 3 bridges connecting SI to NJ or take the VZ to Brooklyn. My experiences have never been good and have never purchased a vehicle from a SI dealership. I was not particularly impressed with NJ's dealerships (perhaps I should say sales people) either when shopping back in 2018.
I purchased my 2019 Ram at Salerno in Summit NJ thanks to the sales manager, not the sales person who knew less than I did thanks to the 5th Gen forum. Service at Salerno is not taking any appointments UNLESS you purchased the vehicle from them or are a known customer.

My experience is that all the shops I deal with have more than enough work and are losing more seasoned/experienced/knowledgeable mechanics to retirement.

Scram1500

Reaction score
The New York city marathon is really just a bunch of people running away from Staten Island

Jako

Reaction score
The New York city marathon is really just a bunch of people running away from Staten Island
LOL
Staten Island was a fantastic place (small town atmosphere with access to NYC) until the VZ was built, connected it for easy access and the secret was out. Population went from 137,000 to 500,000 today, lot of congestion and high real estate prices. Pretty much the same story for the whole NY/NJ metro area. I believe the population of the USA was 140 million after WW II, now 340 million or so and that is the way it goes.

The NYC Marathon is a perfect example of the way SI is treated by NYC, just enough to let SI know they are part of the city.

As far as people running from SI - it has been going on for a long time and getting even more popular with the Dems running NYS and NYC. It is a ONE party town and the results are not good.

SI tried to break away from NYC and was stopped by a crooked politician. Time to try again.

SteveGG

Reaction score
I hear you, Jako.
Born in Newark, ran to Califoracation, now in OREGUN.
Five wooded acres, fenced with 4 guard dogs, and plenty of guns.
Finally finding peace after 78 years on this Earth.
Don't wait as long as I did...................................

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/