5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram sales down

RedFred

Reaction score
Aren't they introducing a new Charger / Challenger with the Hurricane and electric?

That is true. I misspoke. It's just that the direction the brand is heading in is a far departure from what they were. I am not really sure where they are going, but I feel like the new models are going to miss the mark for me. Anything electric can be made to be extremely fast. So making electric muscle cars is ehh, in my opinion.

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And anyone who buys a 6 cylinder muscle car is going to get made fun of (rightfully so).
Bad analogy comparing to muscle cars with V8’s😆

Buick Grand National, Buick GNX, 20th Anniversary Turbo Trans Am, GMC Syclone, GMC Typhoon……need I say more?

Seeing what these are worth now nobody is making fun of anybody. Those were all solid vehicles for their time for being 6 cylinders. Still are considerd fast and a few were the fastest production vehicles made at that time.

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
lol…yeah, this thread is def rambling (me included)…So let’s take a step back and ask ‘why do we care if Ram sales plummet?’ If sales suck, production isn’t on track for time or quality, and dealers are sitting on old inventory, why did the board approve the CEO’s pay? (That’s rhetorical…99.999% of CEOs aren’t worth 1% of what they receive)
Are we concerned for the health of Stellantis or are we just PO’d that we want new toys and they’re not available at the price we want to pay? At the end of the debate it still comes down to ‘if it ain’t right, don’t buy it’ and if we don’t buy it, sooner or later the board has to remove the CEO and initiate change. If we do buy it (when it’s not right) then we remove the impetus for change and the blame falls on the guy in the mirror.

PetePA

Reaction score
lol…yeah, this thread is def rambling (me included)…So let’s take a step back and ask ‘why do we care if Ram sales plummet?’ If sales suck, production isn’t on track for time or quality, and dealers are sitting on old inventory, why did the board approve the CEO’s pay? (That’s rhetorical…99.999% of CEOs aren’t worth 1% of what they receive)
Are we concerned for the health of Stellantis or are we just PO’d that we want new toys and they’re not available at the price we want to pay? At the end of the debate it still comes down to ‘if it ain’t right, don’t buy it’ and if we don’t buy it, sooner or later the board has to remove the CEO and initiate change. If we do buy it (when it’s not right) then we remove the impetus for change and the blame falls on the guy in the mirror.
100%

Dewey

Reaction score
I like that sales are falling. That means better deals for everyone as discounts will be much more plentiful. After pandemic pricing it’s nice to finally see some relief.

Now if quality suffers as well……that’s not good for anyone.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Just saw an article showing Toyota truck sales are down 60% for 2024. Seems RAM isn't the only manufacturer having troubles

RookieB555

Reaction score
Just saw an article showing Toyota truck sales are down 60% for 2024. Seems RAM isn't the only manufacturer having troubles

I believe it, I looked at them, pricey, even with a JM friend’s and family discount. Low APR “deal” was only for 36 months. These truck prices don’t divide by 36 very well lol. Not unless you want another mortgage.

dammitbobby

Reaction score
The head of Ram abruptly retired last week and was replaced by the head of Chrysler… Chrysler is a **** show so it may only get worse from here.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The head of Ram abruptly retired last week and was replaced by the head of Chrysler… Chrysler is a **** show so it may only get worse from here.
You talking about Tim Kuniskis? He was more about the Dodge cars. Only had RAM be default.

SD Rebel

Reaction score

I read that same article, it said it was mainly due to production constraints due to the new model changeover of the 2025 Taco. I don't think it's the same as Rams issue, Ram has too much production.

They were comparing Q1, I suspect that they're going to see a sales increase from year to year as the new Tacoma gets online.

It should be noted that the Ford Ranger had a decrease of -83% for the same quarter. Again blamed on the production issues with the all new Ranger introduction.

Last edited:

Rammit

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Who would buy an EV charger? And anyone who buys a 6 cylinder muscle car is going to get made fun of (rightfully so).
How good is the Mustang EV doing?

No more muscle, all import from Stellantis.
Way better imports to buy on the market.
Not only that, but we have been hearing about the next gen charger/challenger/300 since 2013. Now the 300 is axed, challenger name is gone and we get a fake sounding electric car that is still a while away. What happened to bringing out a new car to replace the current one? Everyone else seems to be able to do it, but Chrysler has to stop building the old model then wait a year or two. They made a mess out of the portfolio and still haven’t replaced good sellers like the Cherokee, Journey, LX cars. The Durango, renegade and even compass are long in the tooth as well as a half assed 1500 refresh and still no next gen HD. I just don’t get it. Meanwhile, they keep introducing new vehicles in Brazil and keep bragging about sales increases there. They sell only a fraction of the cars that the US market does. Seems to reason that you would feed the market where you make all your profits, which for Stellantis is North America.

Willwork4truck

Reaction score
Anybody know if RAM 1500 Classic sales are any stronger due to the price inflation for the 5th gen 1500’s? Is it still considered the equivalent of the F150 XL and the Chevy 1500 WT for commercial usage?

My local dealer has a single Classic Tradesman 2024 4x with a hemi for $49.7, which seems high for an fairly basic work truck. The Hemi was a $2K upgrade but otherwise it was pretty plain jane.

About 200 miles away is a 2025 5th gen 4x2 Tradesman with the Pentstar for $42.270.

If you add in the 4x and spring for the SO Hurricane ($2700) the two would be very close in price, so whats the benefit of the Classic anymore? Since I’m usually “missing something”, what is it now?

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Even Toyota is having issues with the new Tundra, alththough
Anybody know if RAM 1500 Classic sales are any stronger due to the price inflation for the 5th gen 1500’s? Is it still considered the equivalent of the F150 XL and the Chevy 1500 WT for commercial usage?

My local dealer has a single Classic Tradesman 2024 4x with a hemi for $49.7, which seems high for an fairly basic work truck. The Hemi was a $2K upgrade but otherwise it was pretty plain jane.

About 200 miles away is a 2025 5th gen 4x2 Tradesman with the Pentstar for $42.270.

If you add in the 4x and spring for the SO Hurricane ($2700) the two would be very close in price, so whats the benefit of the Classic anymore? Since I’m usually “missing something”, what is it now?
Probably someone that just like the classic look over the 5thgen look. You may want to take into account the 5th gen has much better safety ratings.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Even Toyota is having issues with the new Tundra, alththough

Probably someone that just like the classic look over the 5thgen look. You may want to take into account the 5th gen has much better safety ratings.
Lol, safety ratings.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
Toyota is going to have to change those fender lines for a lot of people to look that way. they made that truck just plain ugly in my and many others opinions.
that designer needs fired.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Toyota is going to have to change those fender lines for a lot of people to look that way. they made that truck just plain ugly in my and many others opinions.
that designer needs fired.

The new Tacoma just started selling in force at dealerships the last couple of months, the drop is based on Jan-April sales 23' vs 24', and is mainly due to the changeover from the previous gen. As the last gen was winding down and the new one was tooling up.

While not a fan of how it looks either, I would be surprised if the new Taco doesn't outsell the previous one, which even including the drop for this quarter continues to still dominate mid-size sales.

Pikeman_66

Reaction score
The new Tacoma just started selling in force at dealerships the last couple of months, the drop is based on Jan-April sales 23' vs 24', and is mainly due to the changeover from the previous gen. As the last gen was winding down and the new one was tooling up.

While not a fan of how it looks either, I would be surprised if the new Taco doesn't outsell the previous one, which even including the drop for this quarter continues to still dominate mid-size sales.
yep, I actually kinda like the new taco it looks cool all dressed up.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
yep, I actually kinda like the new taco it looks cool all dressed up.

Me as well, though I think the previous one had a more muscular balance than the new one. I think I will need to be a more gussied up TRD or TRD Pro spec to get my interest. As with most base models, they really make them plane jane looking so you don't want them and move up to the high margin specs.

For me, going with a Tacoma would be based on wanting a tried and true old school platform that would last a long time without issues. Not sure if that's what you have now with the new gen, though I suspect Toyota will get it right should it have issues initially.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Me as well, though I think the previous one had a more muscular balance than the new one. I think I will need to be a more gussied up TRD or TRD Pro spec to get my interest. As with most base models, they really make them plane jane looking so you don't want them and move up to the high margin specs.

For me, going with a Tacoma would be based on wanting a tried and true old school platform that would last a long time without issues. Not sure if that's what you have now with the new gen, though I suspect Toyota will get it right should it have issues initially.
Toyota isn't the same tried and true platform that lasts forever anymore. They have just as many issues as any other manufacturer

Users who are viewing this thread