5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram sales down

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Covid showed that they can make huge profits by selling less.

Except they didn't make huge profits. Don't let stories that use sensational, but meaningless, terms like record profits fool you.

Most auto manufactures operate on very slim margins and on the verge of bankruptcy from year to year.

This story shows Stellantis operating margin from 2001 - 2022. During 86% of those years their operating margin was less than 5%. I currently make more than 5% on CDs at my bank with absolutely no risk of losing money. They lost money during 23% of those years and made less than what I'm earning on CDs for the overwhelming majority of those years. Making 15 - 20% in the auto industry for a few years just helps them recover from past and future years where they will lose money. It helps them stay in business and prevents the government from using more of your tax dollars to again bail them out.

Users who are viewing this thread