5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram sales down

MT755

Reaction score
The drop in sales is most likely because a large percentage of potential customers want the new Hurricane and not many are on the lot.

RookieB555

Reaction score
Plus inventory just caught up, add onto that high interest rates. Just got my truck, dealers were quoting me between 8% and 10%, stupid. Ram needs to offer better interest rate deals if the want to move vehicles.

Gren71

Reaction score
Seeing as most prices are inflated well above inflation i sincerely hope they run some wild deals to drop the prices. I love this 1500 but im already chomping at the bit for a 2500

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
RAM has always been the "deal" option between Ford and GM. Usually offering the best prices/value ratio, the Dr Pepper of the Coke vs Pepsi truck world.

Ford, GM and RAM all have elevated prices, but for RAM to be taken seriously between typically Ford/GM buyers, they need to have a better price/incentives and/or finance deals.

Some buyers are waiting on the sidelines for the mid-cycle, but probably offset by the RAM+Hemi only types who don't buy now without a Hemi option. I honestly don't see sales really improving anytime soon other than the slight positive blip of any new update.

Driver

Reaction score
The poster who suggested that most buyers are waiting for Hurricane motors is way off. Talk to any seasoned Ram salesman and he'll tell you that 8 of 10 buyers don't want a Hurricane, just yet anyway.

Agree that interest rates are hurting sales big time.

Don't see any more Ram "we have arrived" tv ads anymore. Since Ram got spanked hard by Ford, Chev, and Gmc last year, they have settled hard into 4th place. There's no doubt the lack of hemi for '25 will hurt even more.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
The poster who suggested that most buyers are waiting for Hurricane motors is way off. Talk to any seasoned Ram salesman and he'll tell you that 8 of 10 buyers don't want a Hurricane, just yet anyway.

Don't see any more Ram "we have arrived" tv ads anymore. Since Ram got spanked hard by Ford, Chev, and Gmc last year, they have settled hard into 4th place. There's no doubt the lack of hemi for '25 will hurt even more.

RAM was 3rd last year, 444,926 total units while GMC was 295.737 units sold. While not great, it was only 5% less than 2022.

In a normal market, even when healthy, RAM has always been the clear 3rd place in sales, not close to Chevrolet and too big for GMC.

Last edited:

Ram1500OwnerMaybe

Reaction score
I think the pool water of loan debt that people have due to the need for a new vehicle is now just above their last breathing port.
Rolling over payments are no longer feasible due to the amount.
The loss of these buyers are the dip in sales been seen along with others not wanting to pay these amounts.

That is my conclusion while I sip my coffee wearing my tin foil hat. :coffee:

PetePA

Reaction score

My salesman is as seasoned as they come. He said it's interest rates. Discretionary buyers are running out.

MT755

Reaction score

There was a hint of sarcasm in my statement. I agree with the interest rate killing sales.

RVTRKN

Reaction score
Over $800 to $900 dollars a month is crazy, and that is based on a $60K truck with @ $10K down, and thats without interest. Were now seeing 1500 Ram trucks pricing into the upper $80K+ range. Its not just interest rates, its price, availability and and the scary economy with high interest rates.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I think die hard Ram/Mopar guys may not buy it because it does not have a hemi but a newer more advanced engine may bring in buyers that may have not considered a Ram before. Kind of like how the luxury interiors on the higher trims brought in buyers from the luxury car segment. If you look at Ford their is about a 75% take rate on their turbo V6's and even GM is having success with the turbo 4's. That said I do think Ram should have kept the Hemi as another option for those that want it. I'm sure interest rates are probably the biggest factor in the end for those that finance.

Last edited:

397STROKER

Reaction score
I think it really is about price and with interest being what it is. The price of everything is out of control. Most people are being stretched as it is and to take on the cost of a new vehicle at todays prices is most likely too much. Hell, a 2024 ram 1500 bighorn starts at basically the MSRP of my 2021 with all the options I got.

Cueva del Osos

Reaction score
Over $800 to $900 dollars a month is crazy, and that is based on a $60K truck with @ $10K down, and thats without interest. Were now seeing 1500 Ram trucks pricing into the upper $80K+ range. Its not just interest rates, its price, availability and and the scary economy with high interest rates.
For us retired ‘curmudgeons’ that saved all out lives, never finance anything but a mortgage and only invest in treasury funds and CDs, those interest rates are welcome…

FloridaSun

Reaction score
RAM sales in Q1 -26%....CEO reaffirmed full year margin guidance at 10-11% for fiscal year.

MT755

Reaction score
If emmision and mgp were the issue with the Hemi and Stelantis was paying major fines, add the Hurricane at no extra cost and pay the fines with a charge to purchase a Hemi. Every one would be happy with that or should be.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
If interest rates and prices were responsible for the decline then every pickup manufacture would have experienced a similar decline and that's just not the case.

Ram and Ford F series were the only one's to experience a decline.

Added: Oh yea, the full size truck with a twin turbo 6 cylinder crushed all the other manufactures so maybe more people are waiting on the Hurricane engine.

Q1 2024 fullsize truck sales:​

1. Total GM (Silverado + Sierra) – 198,584 (+ 2.3%)
  2. Ford F-Series (all) – 152,943 (- 10.2%)
  3. Chevrolet Silverado (all) – 129,987 (+ 2.4%)
  4. Ram P/U (all) – 89,417 (- 15%)
  5. GMC Sierra (all) - 68,597 (+ 2.1%)
  6. Toyota Tundra – 15,337 (+ 41.3%)
  7. Nissan Titan – 4,145 (+ 2.6%)
Perhaps many perspective buyers read this forum and decided against buying a Ram.

Last edited:

Rexx

Reaction score
Interest rates and inflation costs of vehicles are obviously a big part of it.

I think another part of it though is the GMC/Chevy refresh.

A good friend of mine has a 2023 Sierra Denali that I recently got a chance to drive. Man what a nice interior. I’m seriously considering a Silverado High Country instead of another Ram for my next truck (my current truck is my third Ram that I’ve owned in a row and I usually upgrade every 4-5 years).

Users who are viewing this thread