5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM Roadside Assistance

usedup

Reaction score
Found out the hard way when my vehicle died on the road. Nearest dealer was less than 10 miles away but no tow truck so I got a tow company to haul it to the dealer. When I turned in the bill to Roadside Assistance I found out they only pay $100 on a private tow so I ate the rest. Nearest dealers with tow trucks were both over a hundred miles away. Here in western North Dakota there aren't dealers around every corner. Maybe other manufacturers have the same policy...I don't know. Live and learn but with a 87K sticker I expected better.

rick619

Reaction score
I've never found dealer sold roadside assistance to be even close worth it when compared to AAA. Similar to what you've found, just not as responsive and only focus on getting you to the dealer. I'd rather have the freedom to get a tow to wherever I want. With AAA you get so many free tows per year. So I've 'shipped' my Jeep to my mehanic before because he's 40 min away. Shipped my wifes car to the tire shop.

Also I can call for any vehicle, even a friends if they don't have AAA. Since I have my Ram, wife has a Ford, plus have two 20+ yo Jeeps, it just makes more sense.

Last edited:

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I've never found dealer sold roadside assistance to be even close worth it when compared to AAA. Similar to what you've found, just not as responsive and only focus on getting you to the dealer. I'd rather have the freedom to get a tow to wherever I want. With AAA you get so many free tows per year. So I've 'shipped' my Jeep to my mehanic before because he's 40 min away. Shipped my wifes car to the tire shop.

Also I can call for any vehicle, even a friends if they don't have AAA. Since I have my Ram, wife has a Ford, plus have two 20+ yo Jeeps, it just makes more sense.
It's not a dealer sold roadside assistance, it's part of your factory 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Found out the hard way when my vehicle died on the road. Nearest dealer was less than 10 miles away but no tow truck so I got a tow company to haul it to the dealer. When I turned in the bill to Roadside Assistance I found out they only pay $100 on a private tow so I ate the rest. Nearest dealers with tow trucks were both over a hundred miles away. Here in western North Dakota there aren't dealers around every corner. Maybe other manufacturers have the same policy...I don't know. Live and learn but with a 87K sticker I expected better.
Ii would reach out to @RamCares about reimbursement. How far away was the closest towing company when a dealer was less than 10 miles?

rick619

Reaction score
It's not a dealer sold roadside assistance, it's part of your factory 3/36 bumper to bumper warranty.

Assuming it came with my '23, I would still never call. So probably disregarded if they told me about it. Guess it's better than nothing if someone doesn't have AAA.

Cbty2050

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Assuming it came with my '23
It comes with all new car purchases as part of the 3/36 warranty. You have to call the phone number in the owners manual. You can even push the button on the mirror if you have a connected vehicle

rick619

Reaction score
It comes with all new car purchases as part of the 3/36 warranty. You have to call the phone number in the owners manual. You can even push the button on the mirror if you have a connected vehicle

Probably would make sense if I have a warranty item go bad. That way it won't count against my family plan AAA free tows. I had a fun year with one of my Jeeps a few years ago and used up all my tows.

usedup

Reaction score
Ii would reach out to @RamCares about reimbursement. How far away was the closest towing company when a dealer was less than 10 miles?
Tow company was in the same town as the dealer who fixed it. As I stated, the dealer had no tow truck.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
The only exclusion I could find for towing to the closest dealer is for unlicensed towing providers. Most states require tow operators be licensed. There is no requirement that it must be towed by a dealer tow truck. They just are not going to pay cousin Billy Bob to drag your truck to a dealer behind his pickup.

Roadside assistance is good for 5 years or 60000 miles.
Roadside Assistance | Official Mopar® Site

RamCares

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hi!

Thank you for mentioning us and bringing this to our attention. If you ever have any questions or concerns, please don't hesitate to reach out to us. Have a great day!

Gia
Ram Cares

Users who are viewing this thread