5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram releases 2019 Ram 1500 payload and towing charts

cash4trash

Reaction score
The 22 inch wheels dropping to 6200 was a 4th gen sport. There are only 2 GVWR for a Hemi 6900 2wd and 7100 4wd.

V6 gets 6900 in 4wd.

The low GVWR for 2019 is the HFE with is 6010.

Just for info. It has been posted before.
Thanks devil dodge

Chris

Bobkid

Reaction score
The charts can be quite revealing in some cases too. When I was looking for a new truck I was split between a new Rebel 1500 and a Powerwagon 2500. Then I compared load and tow ratings for both and was surprised that the 2500 PW had a lower load and tow rating than the 1500 Rebel. It's amazing how quickly heavy bumpers and winches start cutting into load ratings

Rebel =

DraKhen99

Reaction score
The charts can be quite revealing in some cases too. When I was looking for a new truck I was split between a new Rebel 1500 and a Powerwagon 2500. Then I compared load and tow ratings for both and was surprised that the 2500 PW had a lower load and tow rating than the 1500 Rebel. It's amazing how quickly heavy bumpers and winches start cutting into load ratings

Rebel =

A truck's suspension plays a big role in the payload and towing ratings as well. The shocks on a Raptor equate to lower towing and payload, just like the Rebel and Power Wagon figures. The PW is more of a hard-core off-roader than the Rebel AFAIK, which would make the lower towing and payload make more sense. To soak up the bumps you won't have the same dampening required to haul/tow a heavy load. This is the same reason an 2500/3500 truck rides stiffer than a 1500.

-John

Bobkid

Reaction score
Gotta be the shocks, because a 2500 Tradesman similarly equipped to the 2500 PW is only 300# lighter, but it has twice the payload rating and 6,000# higher tow rating for the same engine/tranny/diff ratio.

upwindstorm

Reaction score
This confuses me. I have a 19' Crew Cab 1500 Laramie with the 6'4" box 4x4 with the Regular Hemi, 3.21 rear end. this chart states its payload is 1830lbs but in my door jam it says my payload capacity is 1318lbs. i wounder why there is a 500lb difference? :unsure:

1586444410284.png

Attachments

• 1586444369304.png
    1586444369304.png
    11.2 KB · Views: 16

DraKhen99

Reaction score
This confuses me. I have a 19' Crew Cab 1500 Laramie with the 6'4" box 4x4 with the Regular Hemi, 3.21 rear end. this chart states its payload is 1830lbs but in my door jam it says my payload capacity is 1318lbs. i wounder why there is a 500lb difference? :unsure:

View attachment 51950

It's because of your options. The 1,830lb is ideal (read: stripped-down, no options for that combo). You ordered leather seats? Better stereo? Air Suspension? etc.? All those options decrease your actual payload.

-John

upwindstorm

Reaction score
It's because of your options. The 1,830lb is ideal (read: stripped-down, no options for that combo). You ordered leather seats? Better stereo? Air Suspension? etc.? All those options decrease your actual payload.

-John
I realize that all makes a difference. but i have my reservations all those options add up to 500lbs

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I realize that all makes a difference. but i have my reservations all those options add up to 500lbs

What's your cab/bed/engine/drivetrain combo, and what options did you get? Somewhere on here there's a spreadsheet that lists option weights.

You'd be surprised what things weigh. IIRC, the sunroof option is 60-100lbs by itself. Leather is heavy, too. Fancy infotainment? Figure on 20-50lbs.

My loaded-up Limited has a payload of 1,320lbs.

-John

upwindstorm

Reaction score
What's your cab/bed/engine/drivetrain combo, and what options did you get? Somewhere on here there's a spreadsheet that lists option weights.

You'd be surprised what things weigh. IIRC, the sunroof option is 60-100lbs by itself. Leather is heavy, too. Fancy infotainment? Figure on 20-50lbs.

My loaded-up Limited has a payload of 1,320lbs.

-John

Crew cab/ 6'4" bed/ Hemi/3.21 i will look for that weight spreadsheet

Ram Window Sticker.jpeg

DraKhen99

Reaction score
I'll go out on a limb and say the 33-gallon tank is a heavy one (extra weight of tank plus fuel), the Level 1 equipment group adds a few pounds, wheels add a bunch. Upgraded radio is worth a few pounds. Like I said before, the leather is heavier, as is that center console. Trailer tow is probably hefty. The bulk of your 500lbs is going to be the Leather, center console, wheels, and 33-gallon tank. The rest nickel-and-dimes your payload.

-John

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Take some time and read these threads.

A Laramie is very much a heavy truck.

It is a wonder you didnt lose more.

We have a Laramie longhorns with only about 50 pounds more than 1000lb payload. And the new multifunction tailgate could easily put them into the 900s

DraKhen99

Reaction score
Take some time and read these threads.

A Laramie is very much a heavy truck.

It is a wonder you didnt lose more.

We have a Laramie longhorns with only about 50 pounds more than 1000lb payload. And the new multifunction tailgate could easily put them into the 900s

Yeah, there was a car magazine that compared 3 trucks, and the RAM's payload was < 990lbs... and that was BEFORE the MFT came about! Not sure how they got that. Mine is missing the RAM boxes and bed utility group, Off-road group, and that's about it. I'm still at 1,320lbs payload.

-John

Flash25296

Reaction score
Can't you just go weigh your truck and subtract from the GVWR to get your true passenger and payload capacity? Wouldn't any added items change this value? Like after market shocks or larger tires and rims. Adding a winch, different bumpers, bed covers or just the stuff you keep in the truck on a regular basis. It seems like the only time this matters is when Murphy shows up and there is an accident or incident. Anyone know how an insurance company investigates if the truck was beyond its weight limit? My guess is that the Hemi 5.7 L engine can tow and carry a lot of weight but not safely after some point, plus the suspension and tires are going to present their own limit if you changed from stock.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Yes, these are baseline numbers.

Yes, the best thing to do is go weight your truck.

Yes, adding things lowers your available payload.

No one can agree about what an insurance company thinks about weights and measures.

Reaction score
I didn't do the math for all of the options you have. I'll let you do that. You can use this 2019 file for weights and it should get you close on your numbers. I found some things on my own build that I never would have thought would be that heavy. Also, I think the payload accounts for a 150 lb. driver. I know there was debate on that, and I ran this down myself 6 months ago when I did my build but now I can't remember if it did or did not account for a 150 lb. driver.

Attachments

• 2019 RAM Optional Equipment Weights - Body Builder Guide - FCA.pdf
    1 MB · Views: 44

upwindstorm

Reaction score
I didn't do the math for all of the options you have. I'll let you do that. You can use this 2019 file for weights and it should get you close on your numbers. I found some things on my own build that I never would have thought would be that heavy. Also, I think the payload accounts for a 150 lb. driver. I know there was debate on that, and I ran this down myself 6 months ago when I did my build but now I can't remember if it did or did not account for a 150 lb. driver.
thank you for this. i will have to jot through it when i have a minute. very cool info to have

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There’s NO allowance for the driver in the payload sticker. Just the truck itself, including factory options, and a full tank of fuel.

Anything or anyone you put in the truck reduces the remaining available payload.

Here are some option weights for the Limited trim;

Limited trim - 166lbs
Bed utility group - 25
Level 1 - 86
Advanced safety group - 50
Sunroof - 70
Anti spin - 16
eLocker - 16
3.92 Axle ratio - 0
eTorque - 80
Brake controller - 0 (not full tow package)
Body colored bumpers - 0
22" wheels - 0 (vs 20" standard wheels)
33 gallon fuel tank - 73 (91 if eTorque equipped)
Offroad Group - 119 (minus eLocker)
Ramboxes - 163

Last edited:

Aseras

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's impossible to go here https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing-guide.html and get a build with the extremely heavily touted 12,560lbs capacity* when properly equipped* it not possible, it should say when properly stripped. even with the stripper tradesmen build. It is pretty much blatantly fraud.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You have to get a tradesman 2wd quad cab 5.7l Hemi etorque with the Super Dana 60 REAR.

So far no one has got that truck.

I have been asking about it since the site started.

@Aseras no one has ordered it yet. I am not even sure RAM made one yet.

Trooper4

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It's impossible to go here https://www.ramtrucks.com/towing-guide.html and get a build with the extremely heavily touted 12,560lbs capacity* when properly equipped* it not possible, it should say when properly stripped. even with the stripper tradesmen build. It is pretty much blatantly fraud.
My t
Yeah, there was a car magazine that compared 3 trucks, and the RAM's payload was < 990lbs... and that was BEFORE the MFT came about! Not sure how they got that. Mine is missing the RAM boxes and bed utility group, Off-road group, and that's about it. I'm still at 1,320lbs payload.

-John
I don't know where they got the information, but by VIN my payload is 1367.74LBS on my
2019 RAM 1500 LIMITED CREW CAB 4X2 5'7" BOX

Users who are viewing this thread