5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Quietly Adds Package To Downgrade To Halogen Front Lighting On Ram 1500 Laramie Trucks!

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram Quietly Adds Package To Downgrade To Halogen Front Lighting On Ram 1500 Laramie Trucks!​

Will Credit Customers $495...​

1650923034321.png

With the continuation of the semiconductor shortage, we have seen a number of weird repackaging options from various automakers. But it appears that Ram Trucks is now offering a new discount package for lighting when it comes to its entry-premium level Ram 1500 Laramie trimmed pickups.

NHRoadking

Reaction score
I wonder if it's really supply driven or just another attempt to squeeze buyers for more profits.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Saw that option when I was considering building my truck. I don't think it helps Ram's bottom line much to offer these credits

Dewey

Reaction score
So Premium Lighting is $995 on the BH but you only get a $495 credit on a Laramie without? 🤔

Sounds fishy to me.

I honestly don’t know why anybody would opt for the crap halogen lights to save $495. I hear they’re pretty bad.

Finn5033

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So Premium Lighting is $995 on the BH but you only get a $495 credit on a Laramie without? 🤔

Sounds fishy to me.

I honestly don’t know why anybody would opt for the crap halogen lights to save $495. I hear they’re pretty bad.
exactly, even if you don’t like them you can sell them for more than $500 and replace them with something else

Dewey

Reaction score
I ordered it too and have a build date of this Friday..... soooooo. . .
You ordered the day before me. Holy crap was that fast. 😲

Last check mine is still in scheduling with no build date.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idk why someone will opt not to get them when ordering for the what $1k upgrade. Already paying let’s say $40k on a truck… a grand isn’t going to make any difference when it comes to payment or interest it won’t be noticeable. Gonna be hard to do much of a upgrade in terms of lighting output and quality for the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

Nsleone

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Idk why someone will opt not to get them when ordering for the what $1k upgrade. Already paying let’s say $40k on a truck… a grand isn’t going to make any difference when it comes to payment or interest it won’t be noticeable. Gonna be hard to do much of a upgrade in terms of lighting output and quality for the difference.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
At this point these Laramie’s are 50-60 thousand dollar trucks, which means this little credit makes even less sense!

BigD

Reaction score
Spending $995 for the L.E.D. lights on my BH was money well spent. I didn't plan on doing it but so glad I did. The Halogen lights are hideous looking. They make a $60,000 truck look like a $10,000 truck from 2007. Literally makes the truck look 15 years behind the times !!!

JamRam

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spending $995 for the L.E.D. lights on my BH was money well spent. I didn't plan on doing it but so glad I did. The Halogen lights are hideous looking. They make a $60,000 truck look like a $10,000 truck from 2007. Literally makes the truck look 15 years behind the times !!!
Disagree.

But then again, I am coming from a 2010 F150. The ram lights are more than bright enough for my purposes and I think they look quite sharp.

Just my opinion though.....

HemiDude

Reaction score
Disagree.

But then again, I am coming from a 2010 F150. The ram lights are more than bright enough for my purposes and I think they look quite sharp.

Just my opinion though.....
I did learn to like the look of the halogen housings on my last ram. However, I never thought they were bright enough and did upgrade the bulbs which helped a little. Having jumped from that to my new ram with the LEDs, I would not get halogens again

Users who are viewing this thread