5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Pulls The Covers Off Of The Updated 2025 Ram 1500

Reaction score
I mean "for the money" you can get a used 3rd gen, with every option, cheaper than a brand new Tradesman.
i was going to but someone got it b4 me......2016 with 50k mi for 26500 i was not happy about it

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
ETA: And I see the Hemi still offered in the high trim Grand Wagoneers along with the 510 Hurricane.
Where did you get that information? Starting with the 2924 model year, the Hurricane is the only engine for both Wagoneer (S.O.) and Grand Wagoneer (H.O.). And for 2023, the Henis were offered only in the lowest trims of each. Only the 2022s had Hemis in the high trims (since the Hurricane wasn’t yet available).

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I'm a Ford guy as well historically, sad to see one of the main reasons why I went with RAM going away. However, I know this is sacrilage for us Ford dudes, but have you looked at the Silverado lately?

Substantially improved interior, choice of two different V8s, and a much higher rated dealership service network than CDJR dealership service. I plan on keeping my Rebel a while, absolutely best new truck I've owned, but if not the Rebel or TRX in my future, maybe a Trail Boss or ZR2?

GM has come a LONG way. They always had the ugliest truck on the road both exterior and interior as well as the worst reliability and engineering. But the brand new ones shock me. They have come so far in such a short time.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Where did you get that information? Starting with the 2924 model year, the Hurricane is the only engine for both Wagoneer (S.O.) and Grand Wagoneer (H.O.). And for 2023, the Henis were offered only in the lowest trims of each. Only the 2022s had Hemis in the high trims (since the Hurricane wasn’t yet available).

You're right, I was looking at 2023.

That said, only the 2 Obsidian trims show both engines available.

Shuga

Reaction score
The fact that they put a V6 in this is disgusting

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Regarding comparison of Ram to Chev the latter is always way more expensive the only thing a Rebel is missing compared to a ZR2 is the front diff locker. A fully optioned Rebel is way less and still a nicer truck.

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Regarding comparison of Ram to Chev the latter is always way more expensive the only thing a Rebel is missing compared to a ZR2 is the front diff locker. A fully optioned Rebel is way less and still a nicer truck.

Well, to be honest, a front diff locker is kinda a big thing in the off-roading world. Also, the ZR2 comes with Multimatic's active adaptive dampers, which is also a big upgrade over the what the Rebel has.

Also, for 2025, you can only have a six cylinder in the Rebel whereas you can get a 6.2L V8 in the ZR2 or even a Diesel. Considering the high-output version of the Hurricane isn't going to be available in the Rebel, it's another advantage for the ZR2 there as well.

The ZR2 straddles the line between the TRX/Raptor and the Rebel/Trail Boss/TRD Pro/Tremor. It's not quite in the dinosaur predator class, but clearly above the warmed-over off-road trims. I do believe it's overpriced for what you get, eye wateringly expensive, but then again so is everything at this time.

Last edited:

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Also, for 2025, you can only have a six cylinder in the Rebel whereas you can get a 6.2L V8 in the ZR2 or even a Diesel. Considering the high-output version of the Hurricane isn't going to be available in the Rebel, it's another advantage for the ZR2 there as well.
We’ll have to wait for the RHO for the high output Hurricane in an off-road truck. But that will compete with the Raptor more so than the ZR2.

JExpedition07

Reaction score
Well, to be honest, a front diff locker is kinda a big thing in the off-roading world. Also, the ZR2 comes with Multimatic's active adaptive dampers, which is also a big upgrade over the what the Rebel has.

The ZR2 straddles the line between the TRX/Raptor and the Rebel/Trail Boss/TRD Pro/Tremor. It's not quite in the dinosaur predator class, but clearly above the warmed-over off-road trims. I do believe it's overpriced for what you get, eye wateringly expensive, but then again so is everything at this time.
The 2024 Ford F-150 Tremor comes with the 5.0L V8 putting out 400 HP/410 LB FT. It also has dual exhaust, they sound quite good. Also offers a front Torsen as an option. So both GM and Ford have a V8 off roader on offer.
IMG_6043.png
IMG_6044.png

Howardlv22

Reaction score
That Ram makes the distinction that the HO version has only 1,370 lbs payload confirms it will only be available on Limited-ish trims and TRX/RHO. Not unlike the HO versions of the EcoBoost only available in Limited and Raptor trims.

They didn't need to even call that out this early in the launch but they have, so its pretty well set in stone.

Gotta say I was being an optimist, and a fair bit of me was sure they'd retain the Hemi.

But as I mentioend elsewhere, I think the Ramcharger is the way to go in this new generation:

Once the HEMI is gone, so, too is the soul.

And at that point, do we really care whether the 6 cylinder is augmented by turbos, or whether it is augmenting a battery?

Once the soul leaves, its only about on-paper performance and comfort.

The PHEV Ramcharger seems like it would do better what the new ICE version set out to do - be a more efficient, more powerful, more comfortable appliance with a bed.

--

That said I'm doubling down on my search for a Gen5.0 with Hemi.
But I am open to these new options down the road.
Why I just picked up a 2024 Rebel with the hemi so I can have one last huraaahh with the v8😈

Howardlv22

Reaction score
the I-6 is already in the grand cherokee. i got a used truck because all the new trucks had that dang e-torque trash. really for the money you can get a higher trim used truck for the same money.
I’m curious of your hate towards the etorque. It was new when I stopped selling them so I only have my own experience but after 100k (used to travel with my truck for my business) on two hemis of my own and my business partners hemi, all e torque and zero issues, what’s the problem with them? Genuinely asking. I towed heavy, ran around town, towed across state borders, romped them in the mud and sand and snow, was kinda hard on them.

firecadet613

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m curious of your hate towards the etorque. It was new when I stopped selling them so I only have my own experience but after 100k (used to travel with my truck for my business) on two hemis of my own and my business partners hemi, all e torque and zero issues, what’s the problem with them? Genuinely asking. I towed heavy, ran around town, towed across state borders, romped them in the mud and sand and snow, was kinda hard on them.
Do a search on here. Many more problems with the eTorque system, the generator will fail or the batteries. Why get that unnecessary system when you don't need it?

I bought a used '19 vs ordering a new '23 to avoid it...

Howardlv22

Reaction score
Do a search on here. Many more problems with the eTorque system, the generator will fail or the batteries. Why get that unnecessary system when you don't need it?

I bought a used '19 vs ordering a new '23 to avoid it...
Hmm, well I’ve only had great experiences. But I’ll read about it just to avoid any issues, I expect great things from my 2024 etorque. Expecting the worse can’t help. Thanks for the info

Chippy

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I’m not for a second stating the Rebel is as much of an off road truck as a ZR2 but for most the Rebel is more than needed at a huge price difference. Let’s be honest for most these trucks are too big and long for serious off road the gladiator and Colorado do better and that still not as good as a Jeep.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Hmm, well I’ve only had great experiences. But I’ll read about it just to avoid any issues, I expect great things from my 2024 etorque. Expecting the worse can’t help. Thanks for the info
Very few eTorque issues relative to production, and it’s not seen as one of the “common issues” on these trucks. My 2019 (built in summer ‘18) is doing fine, as are most.

Howardlv22

Reaction score
Very few eTorque issues relative to production, and it’s not seen as one of the “common issues” on these trucks. My 2019 (built in summer ‘18) is doing fine, as are most.
Excellent 💪🏼

Users who are viewing this thread