5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Pulls The Covers Off Of The Updated 2025 Ram 1500

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
"Updated" they say. No V8, less towing capacity, less payload capacity, no real world MPG gain, and more difficult to do maintenance at home. I'll pass. I will never buy a vehicle that doesn't even have an oil dipstick so I can SEE the vital lifeblood of my engine. No thanks. The Euros can keep this garbage over there.

Looks like I'm suddenly going back to being a Ford guy. Shame.... This F-250 is nice and I'll probably replace it with a Ford next time too so I can keep 8 cylinders and American design/engineering.

I'm a Ford guy as well historically, sad to see one of the main reasons why I went with RAM going away. However, I know this is sacrilage for us Ford dudes, but have you looked at the Silverado lately?

Substantially improved interior, choice of two different V8s, and a much higher rated dealership service network than CDJR dealership service. I plan on keeping my Rebel a while, absolutely best new truck I've owned, but if not the Rebel or TRX in my future, maybe a Trail Boss or ZR2?

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I'm a Ford guy as well historically, sad to see one of the main reasons why I went with RAM going away. However, I know this is sacrilage for us Ford dudes, but have you looked at the Silverado lately?

Substantially improved interior, choice of two different V8s, and a much higher rated dealership service network than CDJR dealership service. I plan on keeping my Rebel a while, absolutely best new truck I've owned, but if not the Rebel or TRX in my future, maybe a Trail Boss or ZR2?
Chevy dealerships are even worse than Ram. Their version of Ramcares is just as bad, but they will at least call you back and tell you to go screw unlike Ram which never calls you back EVER.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Chevy dealerships are even worse than Ram. Their version of Ramcares is just as bad, but they will at least call you back and tell you to go screw unlike Ram which never calls you back EVER.

Not from my experience or any of the annual dealership ratings out there. Chevy dealerships usually rank in the top 5, which all CDRJ dealerships are at the bottom, somewhere down in 20th or so. It has been this way for several years. Ford is usually in the top 10, so in the middle, but never had an issue with them personally.

My RAM is the first new vehicle I've every owned that I do my own oil changes since I don't trust the dealerships to do it. Why, because I've been turned off by every single CDJR dealership I've walked into, and we have 7 in my city, and the 3 to 4 I've experience all sucked. The lack of basic customer service is a trait they all seem to share. However, their sales departments are great, which is probably part of the issue. Selling more vehicles than their service can handle.

My Toyota dealer servicing my cheaper entry level crossover is so much better with customer service than any CDJR dealership I've experienced, things like returning a phone call, which rarely happens at RAM. I would love to get a call back to say "screw me" versus the never getting a call which is what I have become accustomed to.

Of course I'm not expecting everyone's experience to be the same, but mine closely matches those annual service ratings.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Not from my experience or any of the annual dealership ratings out there. Chevy dealerships usually rank in the top 5, which all CDRJ dealerships are at the bottom, somewhere down in 20th or so. It has been this way for several years. Ford is usually in the top 10, so in the middle, but never had an issue with them personally.

My RAM is the first new vehicle I've every owned that I do my own oil changes since I don't trust the dealerships to do it. Why, because I've been turned off by every single CDJR dealership I've walked into, and we have 7 in my city, and the 3 to 4 I've experience all sucked. The lack of basic customer service is a trait they all seem to share. However, their sales departments are great, which is probably part of the issue. Selling more vehicles than their service can handle.

My Toyota dealer servicing my cheaper entry level crossover is so much better with customer service than any CDJR dealership I've experienced, things like returning a phone call, which rarely happens at RAM. I would love to get a call back to say "screw me" versus the never getting a call which is what I have become accustomed to.

Of course I'm not expecting everyone's experience to be the same, but mine closely matches those annual service ratings.
I bought an 2018 Silverado LT new from a Chevy dealership.
First oil change was at 500 miles and they charged me for the "free" oil change and put the wrong oil in per the book, and the cap and since service was closed when I was told it was done to pick it up I had to drive it home and go back the next day to have them drain and re-fill and refund me.

Different dealership
I have had my Silverado's transfer case that was "burnt up" on the inside rebuilt, and it make terrible noises after and was told it was normal (this resulted in me selling the truck and going to Ram).

Different dealership
I had snow tires put on my 2012 Camaro and I asked them to cleanup the old adhesive from the old weights and they sprayed something on all 4 wheels and destroyed the clearcoat and it peeled off. The wheels were "refinished" 3 times and each one failed with the last one having them forget to spray clearcoat on the wheels. While sitting in the lot the front and rear bumper got damaged and the black paint was removed to a yellow bumper.

I go by real world experience, theses all "top dealerships" are a bunch of scams and it's about who pays who the most money.

I have better service at the Ford dealership where I took my Silverado ironically. The Infiniti dealership was the best I have ever worked with as far as service was concerned, crazy expensive but they take you into the bay and show you how to DIY if you ask which is crazy rare these days at least around here like when Ram refused to let me sit with my truck as it was "brough around to be looked at" when my MFT door wouldn't stay open, so have the tech come out and explain no one there at a high volume dealership has ever worked on an MFT and he isn't sure if both doors should open the same way.

The best dealerships are the ones you never need to go to until you are far outside of warranty and can take it wherever you want using commonly available components.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I bought an 2018 Silverado LT new from a Chevy dealership.
First oil change was at 500 miles and they charged me for the "free" oil change and put the wrong oil in per the book, and the cap and since service was closed when I was told it was done to pick it up I had to drive it home and go back the next day to have them drain and re-fill and refund me.

Different dealership
I have had my Silverado's transfer case that was "burnt up" on the inside rebuilt, and it make terrible noises after and was told it was normal (this resulted in me selling the truck and going to Ram).

Different dealership
I had snow tires put on my 2012 Camaro and I asked them to cleanup the old adhesive from the old weights and they sprayed something on all 4 wheels and destroyed the clearcoat and it peeled off. The wheels were "refinished" 3 times and each one failed with the last one having them forget to spray clearcoat on the wheels. While sitting in the lot the front and rear bumper got damaged and the black paint was removed to a yellow bumper.

I go by real world experience, theses all "top dealerships" are a bunch of scams and it's about who pays who the most money.

I have better service at the Ford dealership where I took my Silverado ironically. The Infiniti dealership was the best I have ever worked with as far as service was concerned, crazy expensive but they take you into the bay and show you how to DIY if you ask which is crazy rare these days at least around here like when Ram refused to let me sit with my truck as it was "brough around to be looked at" when my MFT door wouldn't stay open, so have the tech come out and explain no one there at a high volume dealership has ever worked on an MFT and he isn't sure if both doors should open the same way.

The best dealerships are the ones you never need to go to until you are far outside of warranty and can take it wherever you want using commonly available components.

Absolutely agree, we are both giving anecdotal experiences here, so take those for what they are. Just very glad my RAM has been so reliable so far.

jl13

Ram Guru
Reaction score

good thing you are keeping your rebel for a while, just saw a post about a chevy recall for splitting roofs on 2024's

SD Rebel

Reaction score
good thing you are keeping your rebel for a while, just saw a post about a chevy recall for splitting roofs on 2024's

That would suck, buying a new expensive truck to have body work done on it, yikes. But not sure about the overall build quality of vehicles made these last few years, Covid, cutting corners, strikes, etc.

Dewey

Reaction score

I looked at Chevy’s last weekend. Greatly improved interior but still nowhere near as nice as my Ram.
One surprise though was almost all the Silverado’s on the lot had the 6.2’s in them.😲

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I looked at Chevy’s last weekend. Greatly improved interior but still nowhere near as nice as my Ram.
One surprise though was almost all the Silverado’s on the lot had the 6.2’s in them.😲

Agree, though much better than that Fisher Price stuff they tried to pass along in 2019. That being said, slightly lower interior and 6.2L V8, or nicer interior and Hurricane?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
"Updated" they say. No V8, less towing capacity, less payload capacity, no real world MPG gain, and more difficult to do maintenance at home. I'll pass. I will never buy a vehicle that doesn't even have an oil dipstick so I can SEE the vital lifeblood of my engine. No thanks. The Euros can keep this garbage over there.

Looks like I'm suddenly going back to being a Ford guy. Shame.... This F-250 is nice and I'll probably replace it with a Ford next time too so I can keep 8 cylinders and American design/engineering.
The S/O model will offer a maximum towing capability of 11,560 lbs. and a maximum payload of 1,910 lbs. on specific models

So 1000lbs less towing, and the max payload of 2300lbs on the 5rh gens is based on ha in the V6 Pentastar, not the Hemi. The Max payload with the Hemi is 1800lbs. So it actually has more payload than the Hemi.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
The HO requires premium fuel as well.
H/O is also only available on higher trim levels. With the increased performance, you have to expect it will require premium. I'm surprised the S/O doesn't require it.

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I hadn’t really thought about it until I read through the spec sheet today. Makes sense though. It was also worded similar to how the Hemi is stated to require Mid grade fuel to achieve all the performance specs, stated mileage and engine longevity, while still leaving the option to run a lesser fuel if you so choose.

I’m a convert on the fuel arguement. I used to argue that regular was more than adequate but after having some fuel related issues, I’ve been running mid grade for the last couple years and will continue to do so.

juicegoose

Reaction score
the H/O doesn't require premium you just won't get the listed hp numbers. This info was brought up on the tfltrucks interview with the engine engineer and i think in the new 2025 literature as well..

Reaction score
the I-6 is already in the grand cherokee. i got a used truck because all the new trucks had that dang e-torque trash. really for the money you can get a higher trim used truck for the same money.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
the I-6 is already in the grand cherokee. i got a used truck because all the new trucks had that dang e-torque trash. really for the money you can get a higher trim used truck for the same money.
I mean "for the money" you can get a used 3rd gen, with every option, cheaper than a brand new Tradesman.

Brutal_HO

The Mad Irishman
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Wagoneer/Grand Wagoneer.

ETA: And I see the Hemi still offered in the high trim Grand Wagoneers along with the 510 Hurricane.

P.S. I know it's a stout engine* but I have visions of slant-6 stuck in my brain.

* I still wonder if the DI system is going to be trouble down the road...

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread