5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Pulls The Covers Off Of The Updated 2025 Ram 1500

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram Pulls The Covers Off Of The Updated 2025 Ram 1500​

New Hurricane Engines, Ultra-Premium Model, and More Tech...​

RM025_033FNn8q977disk4dilg71ds28e56qj.jpeg

Ram has pulled the covers off of its updated 2025 Ram 1500 (DT) pickup lineup. While the truck isn't revolutionary, its powertrain options are. Ram has taken a unique approach to help move the brand's half-ton pickup lineup forward into the age of electrification without leaving its core internal combustion engine (ICE) enthusiasts behind.

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but "a maximum payload of 1,370 lbs" on the H/O variant? Add the normal amenities that people want when loading up the fam or towing a TT and what will we get? Sounds like that engine will be a good fit for pavement princesses and Tradesman models.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yep, 1,300 lbs. of payload ain't gonna' get it done unless you never ever hook up to a trailer or you always travel alone.

Phoon

Reaction score
Does anyone know in what trim levels the ho engine is available? I assume it would be limited to the higher trims...

For context, the standard output has the same hp and 10 more torque than the gm 6.2 which is their range topping 91 octane motor. The standard output does this with 89 octane which is pretty impressive.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Maybe I haven't been paying attention, but "a maximum payload of 1,370 lbs" on the H/O variant? Add the normal amenities that people want when loading up the fam or towing a TT and what will we get? Sounds like that engine will be a good fit for pavement princesses and Tradesman models.
I'm going to assume the HO has the lower towing and payload due to only being available on higher trim levels with more standard options taking away from both of those ratings.

Phoon

Reaction score
That was my assumption as well. Would be awesome to get the 540HP version in a sport or rebel trim but that doesnt seem to be the case. Probably just the TRX replacement and the luxury trucks.

1699371999313.png

MoparMantis

Reaction score
Yep, 1,300 lbs. of payload ain't gonna' get it done unless you never ever hook up to a trailer or you always travel alone.
Makes me wonder if the H.O. will only be for upper trim levels and/or performance packages. Current TRX is rated for 1,310 on payload.

I'm hoping I'll be able to get it in a Laramie or Bighorn package.

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
That Ram makes the distinction that the HO version has only 1,370 lbs payload confirms it will only be available on Limited-ish trims and TRX/RHO. Not unlike the HO versions of the EcoBoost only available in Limited and Raptor trims.

They didn't need to even call that out this early in the launch but they have, so its pretty well set in stone.

Gotta say I was being an optimist, and a fair bit of me was sure they'd retain the Hemi.

But as I mentioend elsewhere, I think the Ramcharger is the way to go in this new generation:

Once the HEMI is gone, so, too is the soul.

And at that point, do we really care whether the 6 cylinder is augmented by turbos, or whether it is augmenting a battery?

Once the soul leaves, its only about on-paper performance and comfort.

The PHEV Ramcharger seems like it would do better what the new ICE version set out to do - be a more efficient, more powerful, more comfortable appliance with a bed.

--

That said I'm doubling down on my search for a Gen5.0 with Hemi.
But I am open to these new options down the road.

juicegoose

Reaction score
I'm curious what the MPG on the new engines will be. I'm plotting hard on a 2024 limited but am willing to wait if the new engine will be an improvement.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
I'm curious what the MPG on the new engines will be. I'm plotting hard on a 2024 limited but am willing to wait if the new engine will be an improvement.

Based on the Wagoneer, it's only about a 1 mpg increase, at least on paper.

The reason for the switch isn't really mpg, it produces a bit more overall power while only producing half the emissions, which is the real reason the 5.7L is going away.

Phoon

Reaction score
I just want the 6.4 in a 1500 i’m not asking for much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Not happening at this point man! 6.4 is a killer motor but you would have to do it yourself. Also, the 3.0 HO has 600 more hp...totally different character but would walk a 6.4 for sure.

PurpleRT

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Oh I know lol

Still
Not
A V8 :(

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro

juicegoose

Reaction score
Probably best to wait until the 2025 with turbo comes out i guess. Doesnt seem like too much first gen stuff to deal with. I mean engine has been used in wagoneer for a couple years now.

SD Rebel

Reaction score
Well, we now know the deal from RAM, if you want a V8 in your RAM truck in the future, you will need to get either a HD (for the time being) or a Ford or GM.

juicegoose

Reaction score
I don't have to have the v8. Mine will primarily be a pavement princess.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well, we now know the deal from RAM, if you want a V8 in your RAM truck in the future, you will need to get either a HD (for the time being) or a Ford or GM.
I mean, if all you want is the V8 rumble, then sure go find a slower vehicle. Might as well just buy used at that point if the engine sound is all you are worried about

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I mean, if all you want is the V8 rumble, then sure go find a slower vehicle. Might as well just buy used at that point if the engine sound is all you are worried about
I bet exhaust vendors aren’t gonna make as much since the V6 sounds so much worse with performance mufflers.

Users who are viewing this thread