5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Pulls The Covers Off Of The Updated 2025 Ram 1500

OCD Solutions

Reaction score
I hope they get the paint finish a little smoother on the production models... am I wrong?

2023-11-07_161057.jpg

Raydar

Reaction score
I just want the 6.4 in a 1500 i’m not asking for much.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
I get it.
I've got a 5.7 "non-e-torque", now. The fact that the only flavor of Hemi now available is the e-torque version ensures that I will likely just drive my 2019 until the wheels fall off it.
If the 5.7 dies before the rest of the truck falls apart, I will build up and swap in a 6.4. "We have the technology!"

SD Rebel

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I mean, if all you want is the V8 rumble, then sure go find a slower vehicle. Might as well just buy used at that point if the engine sound is all you are worried about

Really is for me, otherwise I would still own a Ford. Also, do I want a high strung I6TT when RAM dealerships can barely handle the age old exhaust bolts and lifter bearings on these ancient V8s? Whats the wait list now on an exhaust manifold for a simple V8 that's been made for many years?

Think about it, twin turbo I6, all new, with all new screens and gizmos at your local RAM dealership, scary thought on the wait list for that one.

JExpedition07

Reaction score
You’ll still be able to get a V8 with GM and Ford. GM will be bringing a brand new V8 to the trucks and SUV’s with hybrid additions soon as they’ve stated. Ford just released the 4th generation of the 5.0L V8 in the Mustang with 500 naturally aspirated horsepower, so any attempt by the Hurricane to compete with the Mustang can be pretty easily stomped with even a mild hybrid system on the V8. The V8 is also MUCH easier to electrify with the shorter length of packaging. The Ford 5.0 is a pretty advanced and more youthful engine compared to its counterparts (in both power and emissions), so I don’t see it going anywhere but I think the 5.3 and 6.2 GM are being replaced with something totally new. GM has been tight lipped on the new V8 going in the 1500’s.

I am curious if GM is going to utilize that Corvette 5.5 DOHC V8, or if they are staying pushrod. A 6.2L LT hybrid would be a monster no doubt.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I bet exhaust vendors aren’t gonna make as much since the V6 sounds so much worse with performance mufflers.
Rally, that depends on the exhaust and design. It's never going to sound like a V8. And as we all know from the thousands of posts here about exhaust, what sounds good is subjective

BayouBengal

Reaction score
I have this dream Ram dumped the Ecodiesel only to partner with Cummins on a new I6 diesel for the 1/2 ton in a few years. Guess 2025 wasn’t the year :( Probably would sell like crazy with that “C” on the side of a 1/2 ton. Would be a great competitor for all the 3.0 Duramax I see on the road.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
Rally, that depends on the exhaust and design. It's never going to sound like a V8. And as we all know from the thousands of posts here about exhaust, what sounds good is subjective
Nope. It won’t

jimothy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I, for one, welcome our turbo charged overlords.

Actually, it I were in the market, I’d be most interested in the RamCharger. Most range, most power, highest payload of all the Ram 1500? Yes, please! A 7.2kW generator sounds good, too.

A PHEV Ram makes much more sense than the REV, and I’ll bet it’ll sell much better, too.

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I, for one, welcome our turbo charged overlords.

Actually, it I were in the market, I’d be most interested in the RamCharger. Most range, most power, highest payload of all the Ram 1500? Yes, please! A 7.2kW generator sounds good, too.

A PHEV Ram makes much more sense than the REV, and I’ll bet it’ll sell much better, too.
130kw they said!

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm going to assume the HO has the lower towing and payload due to only being available on higher trim levels with more standard options taking away from both of those ratings.
The evidence points that way. I'm wondering, though, what the real-life payload is going to be on those models. Using my GT for reference/comparison, my truck is pretty loaded, and came with a 1324 payload. Subtract from that any mods such as bed cover, etc. If I had MFT and air suspension, payload would be even less. So, what is the actual payload going to be for the guy who buys a Limited with all the goodies he wants? Is he going to have to buy another vehicle just to load his family and boat up to go to the lake for a weekend?

theblet

Legendary member
Reaction score
I’m referring to the ability to run AC devices—or even your house!—from the truck. My truck has a 400W inverter, so 7,200W is a bit of a step up!
I know what you meant. 😉 I still want someone to clarify the 130 thing in the ram BEV thread

I have a 6.5kw and I can run my home lights (LEDs),freezer, fridge, fans, tv, internet equipment, and 2 window units. 7.2 can definitely keep you comfortable

Last edited:

juicegoose

Reaction score
disappointing on the color options this year. White or shades of grey and big ole bright blue. Man i was hoping for the patriotic blue to stay.

HEMIJAKE

Ram Guru
Reaction score
They said that you led a rich fantasy life. :D
But yeah. I agree with you. Although the 8 speed auto is the best automatic trans I've ever driven. It's very intuitive. Whoever did the programming deserves a raise.
Agreed, it's very good. I had a new style ford ranger before my ram that had the 10 speed in it, and I hated it. Seemed like it was constantly gear hunting and it would cruise through town about 3 gears higher than it should (probably fuel mileage thing). I thought about tuning it to smooth it out, but didn't keep it long enough.

WXman

Ram Guru
Reaction score
"Updated" they say. No V8, less towing capacity, less payload capacity, no real world MPG gain, and more difficult to do maintenance at home. I'll pass. I will never buy a vehicle that doesn't even have an oil dipstick so I can SEE the vital lifeblood of my engine. No thanks. The Euros can keep this garbage over there.

Looks like I'm suddenly going back to being a Ford guy. Shame.... This F-250 is nice and I'll probably replace it with a Ford next time too so I can keep 8 cylinders and American design/engineering.

Users who are viewing this thread