5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram plans to overtake Silverado

XDBrad

Reaction score
From a person just leaving the GM brand, FCA is already there. People just don’t realize it yet. GM’s have their share of issues as well the difference is where Ram is advancing GM is stagnated if not going backwards with their 2019 design. With all the leaks, brake squeals, 12” display issues, and other anomalies the Ram is still a much better truck than the current GM. What we will have to wait and see is if GM steps it up in 2020 and can they triage the hemorrhage of loyal owners going elsewhere. I am one of those who said “ I’ll never drive a POS Dodge, never!” and now am happy to eat that crow.

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
Welp, according to today's sales reports, Ram pickups outsold Silverado in the 3rd quarter (July, August and September). Around 140,000 Ram pickups vs 134,000 for the Silverado.

Very good point that I actually overlooked with the sales article.

Nöennig

Reaction score
From a person just leaving the GM brand, FCA is already there. People just don’t realize it yet. GM’s have their share of issues as well the difference is where Ram is advancing GM is stagnated if not going backwards with their 2019 design. With all the leaks, brake squeals, 12” display issues, and other anomalies the Ram is still a much better truck than the current GM. What we will have to wait and see is if GM steps it up in 2020 and can they triage the hemorrhage of loyal owners going elsewhere. I am one of those who said “ I’ll never drive a POS Dodge, never!” and now am happy to eat that crow.
First time Ram owner here. Love my Ram. Fingers crossed.

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder if (or when) GM will consolidate Chevrolet and GMC trucks under one brand?

Lakewake

Site Supporter and Tracking
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Reaction score
From a long time Chevy owner, the Ram truck is already there. However, Ram customer service and Dealership experience I had was really sub-par, borderline misery. I hope service dept is a better experience

steveved

Reaction score
I just traded a 2014 Silverado for a 2019 Ram Laramie. IMHO, the interior is light years ahead in the Ram. And the seats sucked in my Silverado. While they were heated and cooled, the heat was imperceptible and after 2 to 3 hours of driving I needed to get out and walk around.

The 2019 Silverado is the ugliest thing GM has ever produced. I thought about a 2019 Sierra as they don't look as bad. But, considering I just got my Laramie for under $49k, I could not justify spending $10k more for a GMC when they had not really upgraded the seats and interior. No value proposition in the 2019 GMC at all.

Trader

Reaction score
I just traded a 2014 Silverado for a 2019 Ram Laramie. IMHO, the interior is light years ahead in the Ram. And the seats sucked in my Silverado. While they were heated and cooled, the heat was imperceptible and after 2 to 3 hours of driving I needed to get out and walk around.

The 2019 Silverado is the ugliest thing GM has ever produced. I thought about a 2019 Sierra as they don't look as bad. But, considering I just got my Laramie for under $49k, I could not justify spending $10k more for a GMC when they had not really upgraded the seats and interior. No value proposition in the 2019 GMC at all.
I had the same problem with the seats in my 16 SLT.

Hackmunch

Reaction score
Came from 2016 silverado that stuck a lifter at 20k Miles and took out cam shaft. I said I would never buy a dodge. Well I did and I love it. These new trucks are amazing.

19RamLimited

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I was at the state fair today. Got to see all the new trucks. Even drove a new Silverado. My wife and I were looking at the high country silverado. She asked if it was a high end trim. I said yes it was actually. She laughed and said it wasn’t even close to the rams interior. She asked if they were less expensive I told her no. About the same. She was shocked at the lack of quality .

I personally liked the front redesign. Much nicer than in video or picture. But the interior of the GM trucks is a joke. It’s really plasticity and no high end fee to it. All the buttons and trim feels low end.

I can see ram overtaking GM easily. If people actually start to shop and look at all brands rather than sticking to what they know.

habu987

Stormageddon, Dark Lord of All
Reaction score
On a different note, how about Ford - are they going to hit the 1 million F150 mark this year ????
*1 million F-Series. There are 7 models in the F-Series...

Dontra

Reaction score
Ram needs to speed up the parts supply or they will stay behind. I think the popularity of the 19 surprised a lot of there staff. I'm still waiting to order. Waiting on V8 etorque

4sallypat

Reaction score
I am waiting on the V6 eTorque Pentastar Rebel.
May have to order it as I don't think a V6 Rebel w/ Ramboxes will be too common.

Ramit392

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Was a Chevy Fan die hard for 25 years,went to Ford F150 for three years and was so shocked,leaving Ford for Ram 16 Years ago and 4 Rams back on the 5th Ram now! Had one Ram that was so so ...The other Rams Outstanding just keep getting better! Really Liked my last one which was a 2014 and this 2019 even better! Great trucks!

Users who are viewing this thread