5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Limited w/ramboxes first impressions

sgk

Reaction score
I got to say the members on this site are awesome and their attention to detail is incredible. You guys will catch any issue big or small. I would say its a good practice to post photos cause all here will help you correct issues before you even see them. They will also tell you that your Ram panels are off and give you a complex but ill take the good with the bad.

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I actually did not measure but I believe it is 49-50" so yes it should fit an atv. I will confirm that tomorrow.

Ram Build & Price spec pages show that a 2019 Limited with Ram Box has "bed width wheel" of 51 inches.

Beautiful truck, sounds like you and your family will be very happy with it.

I notice you have the electric steps, how do you like them?

sgk

Reaction score
Ram Build & Price spec pages show that a 2019 Limited with Ram Box has "bed width wheel" of 51 inches.

Beautiful truck, sounds like you and your family will be very happy with it.

I notice you have the electric steps, how do you like them?
I do like them, I had them on my f150 2 years ago but these ones may be a little louder when deployed, or i just can't remember the old ones.

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score
Beautiful truck SGK! Thanks for posting the pics including the payload sticker! I am going to aim for a similiar build w/o the Offroad package. I hope that brings me back up to 1300+ in payload. Maybe even take out the HK stereo if it doesn't.

sgk

Reaction score
first tint I've ever done, colour match the fronts with a ceramic tint (20%) and will to the front and sunroom possibly tomorrow or the following week. Now im not sure what others have been quoted and I did not shop around but these to cost about 180 and the front will be 250 roof 200 all in CAD.

ram20.jpg ram21.jpg

Slim

Ram Guru
Reaction score
first tint I've ever done, colour match the fronts with a ceramic tint (20%) and will to the front and sunroom possibly tomorrow or the following week. Now im not sure what others have been quoted and I did not shop around but these to cost about 180 and the front will be 250 roof 200 all in CAD.

View attachment 2669 View attachment 2671
The truck looks GREAT! Those 20 inch rims are even growing on me and I didn't like them 2 months ago!

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Your truck looks better every time I see it. Looks sharp

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Well I might have a cab protecter for sale in a bit :(

Or I might just have to cut my own stake pockets :LOL:

Kramersp

Reaction score
@sgk didnt have the first with ramboxes. We are tied. I have about 70 miles on mine and the review would almost mirror his as we have almost the exact same truck. I dont have the glass roof but do have e torque and 3.92 rear. Both black offroad. So far with a fair amount of idle I am getting 12mpg (no highway driving).

Two issues. First is opening the ramboxes. Its right. So tight that the top of the box slightly rubs on the top of the bed rail when you open it. And yes, gotta slam them shut. The second is the surroundview camera. The left side (drivers side mirror camera) flickers. Not from black to cam, but dim to bright. I will probably have it fixed under warranty.

ETorque. Awesome and smooth. I can feel the torque off the line. Engine is silky smooth. Ride is out of this world. Regenerative braking? It takes getting used to. When slowing down it feels like it downshifted to much (it didnt. Just regen braking feel) and it slows down quick with little brake input.

Overall awesome truck and absolutely beautiful. I LOVE driving it.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
@sgk didnt have the first with ramboxes. We are tied. I have about 70 miles on mine and the review would almost mirror his as we have almost the exact same truck. I dont have the glass roof but do have e torque and 3.92 rear. Both black offroad. So far with a fair amount of idle I am getting 12mpg (no highway driving).

Two issues. First is opening the ramboxes. Its right. So tight that the top of the box slightly rubs on the top of the bed rail when you open it. And yes, gotta slam them shut. The second is the surroundview camera. The left side (drivers side mirror camera) flickers. Not from black to cam, but dim to bright. I will probably have it fixed under warranty.

ETorque. Awesome and smooth. I can feel the torque off the line. Engine is silky smooth. Ride is out of this world. Regenerative braking? It takes getting used to. When slowing down it feels like it downshifted to much (it didnt. Just regen braking feel) and it slows down quick with little brake input.

you're going to make me cry:cry:. keep the updates coming..

BostonBlueRam

Reaction score

If you don't post pictures it doesn't count. I give SGK the mantle of first to get rambox

:D

alwi228

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Just surreal seeing this truck man lol Been rooting for you to get your rig for a long time! Looks amazing, I got mine off the lot too early to really see how incredible the off-road package looks. Congrats! Tint looks fantastic

scottahaire

Reaction score
To anyone that can answer this.

How much quicker is the e-torque off the line compare to the standard 5.7? 0-60 times?

Pnorth

Reaction score

Your truck looks so good that I guess a lot of others are getting as hard of a time waiting for theirs as I am! Congratulations!

Kramersp

Reaction score
Well, I'm gonna say it. I love my truck. But let's talk about the rambox. The passenger side box catches on the bed rail when opening it. Appears the top of the box has a bit of a warp. It even looks like they tried to use a dremel to shave a bit off. Pretty sad if you ask me. It's still waterproof and holds all my stuff, but at $67k.............

Users who are viewing this thread