5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Limited w/ramboxes first impressions

sgk

Reaction score
First 110 km review

considering the long almost 100 day wait for this truck better then I anticipated and worth the wait. It helps that I never saw a limited previously so I was pretty blown away but the interior. From the online photos, I was not a fan of the decorative sticking on the center console or behind the seat but its doesn't bother me one bit. I would probably prefer it without the stitching but I can appreciate the extra work involved. Wood trim looks good, I like the blueish tint to it with the silvery white stripes, it matching the seat accents.

Body panels all look pretty nicely spaced, no crazy gaps or panels that appear to be off. Ram boxes are spaced out nicely all around,(will post photos below) Still a little hard to shut but hope they work themselves in.

Very few km on it but so far drives great, very smooth not much else to say besides its been 2 years since driving a truck and it will get some getting used to. I wasn't even comfortable going through a drive-thru with it today. May take a week to feel more relaxed in it.

Wife like it's like that even though she's short 5'1" the headrest and seat belt don't bother her, lots of movement on those to fit any size person. She likes the interior more than her GC summit. Now she want's to one-up me again.

My son loves the back seats, feels like a king with the reclining seats, caught him snoozing 5 min into the drive. Now he doesn't want to ride in the GC. He also may be over the fact we traded a challenger for this Ram. Hands down much more convenient. (but If I could have both I would)

The few things I don't understand yet,

The XM radio, Don't know why I cant save fav. songs. says i need to subscribe i thought this was free for a year unless that's an upgraded feature (standard in my last car) Anyone know if i have to call into XM to figure this out?

Cameras were perfect when I picked it up but tonight in the dark they were so blurry, don't know if that's my first malfunction or cause its dark outside, will need to check it out in the morning again. Anyone else with this issue?

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Congrats on the truck. Wish I could help you with your couple issues, but someone wI'll be along soon.

Awesome to finally see the truck you have been waiting so long for.

mikemcfarland

Reaction score
First 110 km review

considering the long almost 100 day wait for this truck better then I anticipated and worth the wait. It helps that I never saw a limited previously so I was pretty blown away but the interior. From the online photos, I was not a fan of the decorative sticking on the center console or behind the seat but its doesn't bother me one bit. I would probably prefer it without the stitching but I can appreciate the extra work involved. Wood trim looks good, I like the blueish tint to it with the silvery white stripes, it matching the seat accents.

Body panels all look pretty nicely spaced, no crazy gaps or panels that appear to be off. Ram boxes are spaced out nicely all around,(will post photos below) Still a little hard to shut but hope they work themselves in.

Very few km on it but so far drives great, very smooth not much else to say besides its been 2 years since driving a truck and it will get some getting used to. I wasn't even comfortable going through a drive-thru with it today. May take a week to feel more relaxed in it.

Wife like it's like that even though she's short 5'1" the headrest and seat belt don't bother her, lots of movement on those to fit any size person. She likes the interior more than her GC summit. Now she want's to one-up me again.

My son loves the back seats, feels like a king with the reclining seats, caught him snoozing 5 min into the drive. Now he doesn't want to ride in the GC. He also may be over the fact we traded a challenger for this Ram. Hands down much more convenient. (but If I could have both I would)

The few things I don't understand yet,

The XM radio, Don't know why I cant save fav. songs. says i need to subscribe i thought this was free for a year unless that's an upgraded feature (standard in my last car) Anyone know if i have to call into XM to figure this out?

Cameras were perfect when I picked it up but tonight in the dark they were so blurry, don't know if that's my first malfunction or cause its dark outside, will need to check it out in the morning again. Anyone else with this issue?

so happy things are working out for you. great review and waiting for the follow -ups. u have given me GREAT HOPE:cool:

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
You are the first to have RamBox and you also have taken the lead with the lowest payload.

Man those RamBox look awesome. The truck overall looks great too

Gatornation9999

Reaction score
Curious how wide the floor of the bed is with the ram boxes? I know it’s probanly just my mind playing tricks but looks super narrow. Could you fit an atv?

sgk

Reaction score
Curious how wide the floor of the bed is with the ram boxes? I know it’s probanly just my mind playing tricks but looks super narrow. Could you fit an atv?
I actually did not measure but I believe it is 49-50" so yes it should fit an atv. I will confirm that tomorrow.

sgk

Reaction score
The xm subscription is free, but the owner has to enable it. Go into the mopar Owner’s section and log in there

This may not help much, but here is the link for the us

https://www.mopar.com/en-us/services/uconnect.html

Thanks, that did help it led me to the Canadian page. I believe i set it up but when i hit the favourite button still takes me to the yearly subscription page. But at least i can now save my fav. songs and artist not sure what the by selecting some other button on the right column (forget what that button is called.

edrclark

Staff member
Site Supporter & Order Tracking
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Glad that helped, was working from memory (2013).

cjgerson

Reaction score
Congrats man! Truck looks great! Turns out you have great taste ;)

thcmas35

Tracking order
Tracking order
Reaction score
You are the first to have RamBox and you also have taken the lead with the lowest payload.

Beautiful truck!

Lowest payload ... yikes! I would have guessed that air suspension would help more with towing, vs not having it. Does anyone know what the weakest part is keeping the payload so low? Is it in the suspension, wheels, etc? I saw the tires are 113, or 2,535lbs x4. I have also read that you should calculate non-LT tires to be .9 * max capacity (so .9*2535*4 = 9,126lbs). Just curious if anyone knows why only 1,200 lbs worth of payload.

devildodge

Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Beautiful truck!

Lowest payload ... yikes! I would have guessed that air suspension would help more with towing, vs not having it. Does anyone know what the weakest part is keeping the payload so low? Is it in the suspension, wheels, etc? I saw the tires are 113, or 2,535lbs x4. I have also read that you should calculate non-LT tires to be .9 * max capacity (so .9*2535*4 = 9,126lbs). Just curious if anyone knows why only 1,200 lbs worth of payload.
Limited is a heavy truck...RamBox is heavy. All the stuff you mentioned gives it the 7100lb GVWR, all the stuff he loaded on the truck takes it away.

The stuff you mention really has nothing to do with losing payload, they are what helps/or limits getting the max GCVWR.

We have a thread that tries to explain all this.

https://5thgenrams.com/community/threads/please-post-your-tire-and-loading-sticker.374/page-5

Just in case you haven't seen it.

ericd

Reaction score
just a heads up. Your bed divider is in upside down. Congrats on the Ramboxes. Can't wait to get mine.

Edwards

Ram Guru
Reaction score

Since I'm looking at the same build, it still works for me. As long as I can stay around 200 lbs that still gives me 1,000 to play with. It is a half ton truck.

Zeronet

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Beautiful truck!

More options = less payload. The ram boxes are heavy (145lbs in the last generation) so I’m assuming that is what is giving him the low payload. See the Post Your Payload Sticker thread under the Towing section for a full explanation.

sgk

Reaction score
just a heads up. Your bed divider is in upside down. Congrats on the Ramboxes. Can't wait to get mine.
Oops, didn't pay any attention, it was on my back seat when I picked it up. So I just put it on. What makes it wrong by the way? Does it interfere with anything? Scrap that just noticed the bumpers are facing up. That may explain some sound when I go over speed bumps

ericd

Reaction score
Oops, didn't pay any attention, it was on my back seat when I picked it up. So I just put it on. What makes it wrong by the way? Does it interfere with anything? Scrap that just noticed the bumpers are facing up. That may explain some sound when I go over speed bumps
yea it probably wouldn't affect anything. The bumpers just lock it into place a little better

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/

Members online