5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Leveling Kits

Mprof

Reaction score
Can anyone explain whether it's worth buying the Mopar leveling kit that's $1300+ VS a $60 spacer kit. Are the control arms that come with the Mopar kit necessary? Or am I over analyzing this?

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
A lot of info on this if you search. In short,
-With Off road package 2” level kit will be fine. 2.5” or 3” recommended and/or need arms.
- with out ORP 2.5”or 3” should be fine. Above that will need.

Mprof

Reaction score
A lot of info on this if you search. In short,
-With Off road package 2” level kit will be fine. 2.5” or 3” recommended and/or need arms.
- with out ORP 2.5”or 3” should be fine. Above that will need.
So being that my 2019 does not have the off road package. Does that mean I need to get the arms?

Davezl1

Reaction score
so your saying with the ORP it’s safe to use a 2”spacer in the front to level?

Marcus889

Reaction score
As long as you are not planning on doing any offroading you will be fine. I researched for 4 months and finally went with a 2.5in kit with no control arms. So I am speaking from first hand experience since I just got it done about 2 and a half weeks ago. No problems so far

RodRow

Reaction score
I went with the ReadyLift 2” level on my non-ORP 4x4 with RL upper control arms. Sits perfectly for me (about 3/8” lower in front). I had experienced UBJ issues on my 2016 ram with only 2” spacers. After about 35k miles, boots cracked, started squeaking and grinding. I think the angle was a little much with minimal off-road driving, so I played it safe with the upper control arm purchase. Installed and aligned for $865

Marcus889

Reaction score
I went with the ReadyLift 2” level on my non-ORP 4x4 with RL upper control arms. Sits perfectly for me (about 3/8” lower in front). I had experienced UBJ issues on my 2016 ram with only 2” spacers. After about 35k miles, boots cracked, started squeaking and grinding. I think the angle was a little much with minimal off-road driving, so I played it safe with the upper control arm purchase. Installed and aligned for $865
Do you have any pictures of the angles with the RL UCAS??

RichT

Reaction score
I would like to lift my Rebel a little, mainly for the look, but do not understand suspension enough to just search and get my answer, so I will hijack and ask. :)

I'd likely keep the factory 33s on, but if I wanted to go up a couple inches anyway, what is the best method to ensure I

Do not give up any (or as little as possible) ride characteristics and/or capabilities,
Can still tow properly,
Retain the factory rake (prefer the look to level),
Do not give FCA anything to point at if normal issues down the line (ok, they will anyway, but...),

I think based on my reading that my best bet would be to wait for new adjustable shocks from Bilstein? Does that make everything work out better?

I do not mind waiting if that is the right way to go.

Thanks!

Marcus889

Reaction score
Do you have ORP or Mopar kit?
Neither I have Body Armor. The Mopar Kit ($1399) is highway robbery when you can get Ready Lift or some other trusted brand with/without UCAs for alot less and not compromise quality. Plus you will still have to cut/modify wheel wells depending on offset and tires

Davezl1

Reaction score
I’m trying to keep warrantee as intact as possible. I want to either get the off-road package and level, or the Mopar kit and level. I have a 09 ram now with bilstein leveling struts all the way up in front (I think it’s 2.8) and an inch in the back with 34’s. I like that look.

Users who are viewing this thread