5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Laramie / Rebel G/T Package To Return In 2025

Ready Go

Reaction score
Wife and I were discussing our insurance a couple days ago, and I pointed out that I have "new vehicle replacement" coverage, essentially giving me the same truck I have in the case of a total. Went on the Ram site this morning and built a truck as close as possible to what I have, disappointed to say the least.

$8830 more than sticker was on my truck, and just doesn't look as good as my '22. Not a fan of the HO exhaust sound so I don't expect that the "Passive Cold End Exhaust" would sound any better. Door and tailgate handles wouldn't be body colored. I won't elaborate on all of the other differences, but my point is that if I need to replace this truck, there's no value in chasing a twin.
I totally agree!

When my "7 DAY OLD" 2023 Laramie G/T was totalled in July 2023, I was really worried that I wouldn't be able to replace it!

Fortunately, Ram did the shortened MY2024 as basically an identical platform..so we ordered another, but now I'd be screwed.

Oh, and yes, even though the MY2024 was only two months newer than the MY2023 one..it was ~$2500 more expensive! We added Ramboxes and changed from black to grey, but otherwise identical (my own added cost on top of the $2500).

Attachments

• 20230714_151529.jpg
    20230714_151529.jpg
    99.4 KB · Views: 25
  • 20240221_114834.jpg
    20240221_114834.jpg
    135 KB · Views: 25

Ready Go

Reaction score
One of the best mods so far has been swapping to the G/T exhaust on my 23 Laramie.
I LOVE how it cold barks..and my wife likes how it is almost dead quiet at cruising speeds!

I sometimes like the quiet cruising speed..if we have the HK cranked up, but am starting to think how I'm gonna pull a fast one and swap the Mopar(Borla) or Borla ATAK on and plead ignorance as to why the G/T sounds louder!! All my vehicles are either loud or louder..the G/T is not my norm (but I am getting older and sometimes quieter isn't so bad anymore..a conundrum!)

At some point I'll probably swap on 1 7/8" LT headers & 3" mids, so maybe the G/T exhaust can stay.

Last edited:

Dewey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Is the G/T interior any different than the other RAM packages?
Console shifter, paddle shifters on steering wheel and G/T embroidered on the seats. Also Performance Pages in UConnect.

BigRedDodge

Reaction score
Console shifter, paddle shifters on steering wheel and G/T embroidered on the seats. Also Performance Pages in UConnect.
The console shifter would be worth the price of admission. The standard knob all the manufacturers have gone to is just plain counter intuitive.

Ready Go

Reaction score
The one thing I don't like is that it's very dark! All black with dark "black chrome" looking trim. The seats have dark gray "stripes" in them (on the TRX you can option the seat stripes in red and get red stitching that looks so much cooler IMO). But I wanted the G/T stuff so that's what you get.

Attachments

• Screenshot_20230430_055842.jpg
    Screenshot_20230430_055842.jpg
    68.4 KB · Views: 26

Nascar Tommy

My other Ram is a Dodge.
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Agreed. Although I didn't really want an etorque, the sound of the GT exhaust on the v8 was one of the many reasons I chose a GT. Without a v8 in the lineup, Ram has opened the door even wider for me to shop other makes. Hopefully I don't need a replacement anytime soon...
By the time you need a replacement No one will have a V8!
I'd be amazed if you'll still be able to get internal combustion at all. 😆😅🤣🤔😪

Ready Go

Reaction score
Maybe you need this.....

🤣🤣🤣

Attachments

• 102549374-stop-sign-icon-with-hand-in-circle-for-stock.jpg
    102549374-stop-sign-icon-with-hand-in-circle-for-stock.jpg
    90.8 KB · Views: 4

Utahjazzman

Reaction score
Quick image pulls from the internet.
Thanks you.

When you build a 25 online, as soon as you go to the 14” screen it changes the instrument cluster from the dials in these pics to all digital. I’m hoping it’s accurate

Users who are viewing this thread