5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Laramie / Rebel G/T Package To Return In 2025

Ready Go

Reaction score
@jmr

Hey, what's this "Functional Sport Hood Vents" I'm seeing in your signature?🤔

Is someone making something I want also?!🤗

HemiDude

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
RAM turned on the Green light for customers to go elsewhere for a V8. The V8 should be another option like Ford/GM do this is short sighted of them.
Agreed. Although I didn't really want an etorque, the sound of the GT exhaust on the v8 was one of the many reasons I chose a GT. Without a v8 in the lineup, Ram has opened the door even wider for me to shop other makes. Hopefully I don't need a replacement anytime soon...

Redz72

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I purposely bought my G/T V8 LOADED because this is the last Ram I will ever buy!! NO V8, NO SALE!
As much as it hurts me to say this, the TrailBoss is looking better and better. But who knows what that will be like in 5,6,7,8 years if I decide to get a new truck then. But my ‘22 just ticked 22k miles so I’m hoping she’s got a long life ahead of her.

Ready Go

Reaction score
As much as it hurts me to say this, the TrailBoss is looking better and better. But who knows what that will be like in 5,6,7,8 years if I decide to get a new truck then. But my ‘22 just ticked 22k miles so I’m hoping she’s got a long life ahead of her.
It was really tough for me to not go with a GMC Denali 6.2L/10spd, but my experience with my Challenger SRT392 was SO good, I chose Ram (but I have had to 2nd guess that decision a few times now😪)..this Ram better hold up over the coming years!!

HemiDude

Reaction score
It was really tough for me to not go with a GMC Denali 6.2L/10spd, but my experience with my Challenger SRT392 was SO good, I chose Ram (but I have had to 2nd guess that decision a few times now😪)..this Ram better hold up over the coming years!!
Same here. If I could have bought a Ram with that SRT 6.4, it would have positively been my last new vehicle purchase (maybe...;)). Wish I had kept that Challenger, but then I say that about a lot of my past vehicles

Ready Go

Reaction score
Same here. If I could have bought a Ram with that SRT 6.4, it would have positively been my last new vehicle purchase (maybe...;)). Wish I had kept that Challenger, but then I say that about a lot of my past vehicles
We could maybe set a record here if we started listing ever vehicle we wish we still had!!
The G/T should have been the G/T-392!!

jmr

Reaction score
We could maybe set a record here if we started listing ever vehicle we wish we still had!!
The G/T should have been the G/T-392!!
I totally agree! Why did RAM never offer the 392 Scat Pack engine in the 1500 like is done in the Jeep Wrangler, SRT Grand Cherokee & SRT Durango?

Ready Go

Reaction score
Tim Kuniskis says they'd still have V8s except the order has come down from Stellantis that "not one emissions credit will be purchased" ever again starting this year.

I say "Stellantis won't have to worry about emissions credits for me, I won't be buying anything they have to sell" (after getting a 2023-24 Durango SRT392 this year, and maybe trading my G/T for a new 2023 TRX)...that's the last $$ I give them, although that's a **** ton of $$. 🤑

CalvinC

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Ram just didn't get it.
They weren't attracting customers because they had the best V8.
It wasn't the most powerful, nor the quickest, nor the cleanest, nor the thriftiest.

But the package overall had the most character of any half ton option, and the Hemi V8 is by far the most musical and satisfying sounding V8 of the fuel injected era, and it played a big part in that character.

Say it all the time, but if you just wanna go fast get an EV.

I listened to a Podcast interview of Stellantis CEO, and he sounds like a royal pr!ck. Totally believe he'd make an arbitrary decree like "not one emissions credit will be purchased".

jmr

Reaction score
So, self done then?
Is there just a backing plate or ?? that you took off?
I like it 👍
Take off the hood insulation pad and pop out the vents(there are tabs on the edge of them). You will probably need some hood pins since I broke some of mine. I got them off of Amazon.
I used a water protection feature from my Scat Pack Challenger where there is a plastic cover over the abs pump. So I put a plastic cover over the fuse box lid as a cautionary measure and 2 Velcro strips attach it to the fuse box lid. The passenger side is not a problem. It's been through car washes and rainstorms and works great. The factory didn't implement it even though it's referenced as a feature of the sport hood.

Attachments

• HoodVent-14s.jpg
    HoodVent-14s.jpg
    83.1 KB · Views: 28
  • HoodVent-21.jpg
    HoodVent-21.jpg
    73.9 KB · Views: 28
  • HoodVent-22.jpg
    HoodVent-22.jpg
    73.3 KB · Views: 28
  • HoodVent-0s.jpg
    HoodVent-0s.jpg
    87.4 KB · Views: 28
  • HoodVent-1s.jpg
    HoodVent-1s.jpg
    88.7 KB · Views: 28
  • IMG_1431s.jpg
    IMG_1431s.jpg
    57.3 KB · Views: 18
  • IMG_1432s.jpg
    IMG_1432s.jpg
    67.4 KB · Views: 17
Last edited:

HemiDude

Reaction score
Tim Kuniskis says they'd still have V8s except the order has come down from Stellantis that "not one emissions credit will be purchased" ever again starting this year.

I say "Stellantis won't have to worry about emissions credits for me, I won't be buying anything they have to sell" (after getting a 2023-24 Durango SRT392 this year, and maybe trading my G/T for a new 2023 TRX)...that's the last $$ I give them, although that's a **** ton of $$. 🤑
Not sure how they expect not to buy any credits and still sell trucks. Across Ram’s entire lineup, only a small percentage even attempt to dramatically decrease emissions while increasing “mpg”. And while there is a genuine interest in the EV-style Ram trucks, I don’t imagine more than 10% of current truck owners are interested in going that route.

HemiDude

Reaction score
Wife and I were discussing our insurance a couple days ago, and I pointed out that I have "new vehicle replacement" coverage, essentially giving me the same truck I have in the case of a total. Went on the Ram site this morning and built a truck as close as possible to what I have, disappointed to say the least.

$8830 more than sticker was on my truck, and just doesn't look as good as my '22. Not a fan of the HO exhaust sound so I don't expect that the "Passive Cold End Exhaust" would sound any better. Door and tailgate handles wouldn't be body colored. I won't elaborate on all of the other differences, but my point is that if I need to replace this truck, there's no value in chasing a twin.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/