5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Laramie / Rebel G/T Package To Return In 2025

redriderbob

Co-Editor & Ram Guru!
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Ram Laramie / Rebel G/T Package To Return In 2025​

Updated Trucks Get A Power Boost Thanks To Hurricane S/O Engine...​

Image 31.jpeg

With the 2025 Ram 1500 (DT) pickup kicking off production on Monday, February 5th, we are continuing to learn more about the lineup for the new model year. Ram enthusiasts should be happy to hear that the popular G/T Package is returning to the Laramie and Rebel models. The G/T Package adds a little more excitement to those who are looking for a little performance, luxury, and technology from their trucks.

RAM Patriot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Apparently they have removed the Ram Air from the G/T package.

I guess they do not need it with a 3.0-liter twin-turbocharged engine.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
I didn't say anything about an air dam.

I said Ram Air.
View attachment 175652
Oh the air filter.
Well it's designed for the 5.7 Hemi, so they would need to make a brand new design for a much smaller engine. I don't think we have seen pictures of the engine compartment of a 2025 GT and if anything the HO would be equipped with the Ram Air intake not just the regular SO engine which is all the slower GT trim comes with.

Biga

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I wonder how it will sound with the upgraded exhaust. Not as good as the V8 but maybe a little better then the stock Wagoneers sound.

Wirerat

Reaction score
I wonder how it will sound with the upgraded exhaust. Not as good as the V8 but maybe a little better then the stock Wagoneers sound.
There is a video of the new Trx with hurricane around. It's sounded like crap.

CHeYeNNe71

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So does that mean the GT package minus Ram Airflow is now $800 less?
I’m guessing not….

Along with a crappy sounding exhaust the GT package sure got pretty darn unappealing.
No, because now you're getting twins 😁

It's going to be interesting to see how the aftermarket exhaust systems will be.

Last edited:

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
So does that mean the GT package minus Ram Airflow is now $800 less?
I’m guessing not….

Along with a crappy sounding exhaust the GT package sure got pretty darn unappealing.
It's like the government.
Asks for funding for something increases taxes then when department closes money is nowhere to be seen.

GT package doesn't make much sense now. $3k for a $1200 exhaust system and paddleshifers\center console?

Ready Go

Reaction score
Was anyone else hoping for a Ram Rebel G/T with the HO ? Hopefully something they will offer down the road.
I was hoping Ram would do something cool to the 2024 G/T for the Hemi finale, but nope..well, FCA did raise the price!!

Green Streak

Reaction score
Was anyone else hoping for a Ram Rebel G/T with the HO ? Hopefully something they will offer down the road.
Makes no sense to increase the price of a standard rebel, call it a “GT” and equip it with the same standard output motor. Nobody is gonna pay extra for some decals and paddle shifters. It’s exactly like the kids we made fun of slapping “5.0” badges on 4 cylinder fox body mustangs back in the day….except this is the same thing straight from the factory.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Makes no sense to increase the price of a standard rebel, call it a “GT” and equip it with the same standard output motor. Nobody is gonna pay extra for some decals and paddle shifters. It’s exactly like the kids we made fun of slapping “5.0” badges on 4 cylinder fox body mustangs back in the day….except this is the same thing straight from the factory.
GTs sold in 2022, 2023, and 2024 with the same standard output motor.
Until 2025 that standard output motor was the best available on a 1500 though, now it's not.

Green Streak

Reaction score
GTs sold in 2022, 2023, and 2024 with the same standard output motor.
Until 2025 that standard output motor was the best available on a 1500 though, now it's not.
Absolutely and my point exactly! It would be equivalent to the 2022-24 trucks coming out with the pentastar 3.6 and calling them the GT! That’s what’s happening with the new generations. Hard pass, I don’t need a Limited with the H.O. engine. I need a Rebel. Dang it

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Absolutely and my point exactly! it would be equivalent to the 2022-24 trucks coming out with the pentastar 3.6 and calling them the GT! That’s what’s happening with the new generations. Hard pass, I don’t need a Limited. I need a Rebel. Dang it
Nothing Ram is doing with the 1500 6th gen makes sense.
My 2022 is my last Ram\1500, I aint interested in driving an import.

Users who are viewing this thread