5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Introduces New Multi-function Tailgate In Chicago:

staapee57

Reaction score
Wtf is actually happening right now. I ordered the power steps from another vendor (Tasca Parts) and they TOO reached out saying shipping was wrong??

Attachments

• C8E87B18-6B3A-45E7-8688-2CC843103B3E.png
    C8E87B18-6B3A-45E7-8688-2CC843103B3E.png
    357.4 KB · Views: 82

Cmerkert

Ram Guru
Reaction score
SUPER-SKEPTICAL. Ram doesn't have a track record of being able to pull off tailgate design. Remember the unequal length cable fiasco? Remember the bed extender fiasco? Remember the deployable bed step fiasco? These three issues are low-tech problems that an intern engineer could have corrected in an evening.

I know about the bed extender fiasco (and am gathering the parts now), but what's the story on the deployable bed step fiasco? I ordered one on my factory build that is being scheduled as we speak. What's the issue?? PS - GREAT posts on the Rambox inserts!!

Marusho

Reaction score
I know about the bed extender fiasco (and am gathering the parts now), but what's the story on the deployable bed step fiasco? I ordered one on my factory build that is being scheduled as we speak. What's the issue?? PS - GREAT posts on the Rambox inserts!!
When I ordered my truck in May 2018, the Bed Utility Group was to include the bed step on the driver's side. Even though there is nothing complicated about this device, it was removed from the description and the price of the BUG silently dropped, with no explanation, much like the bed extender function. I'm glad for you that FCA has conquered the problem that prevented me and other early adopters from being allowed to have this piece of pig iron. Do be careful stepping on that plstic bumper cover. It is, as I've said elsewhere, "as slick as the sole on a WalMart shoe". I hope the bed step has a grippy pad.

RamLTD+

Reaction score
Good things come to those who wait...and the best is on it's way...just when I think I have made my decision, the competition gives RAM a reason to up their game.
How long of a wait? Need to have my new Ram by end of May

DM-SC

Reaction score
Having owned a Honda Ridgeline prior to returning to Ram, I like the new split tailgate.

The Ram version is a better idea. It allows the tail gate to open with less open distance behind the truck.

The swinging tailgate and the in bed trunk are two features I miss.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk

ichime

Reaction score
IMO, this seems to be a more practical solution than what GM has. The barn door design will be very useful for people in the lumber industry and contractors who use forklifts and need better bed access from the ground.

There is a local guy who heads a commercial plumbing company that got the new Sierra and when he loads up with piping, he doesn't even use the Multipro. He just loads it like any other pickup.

ramwb

Reaction score
Having owned a Honda Ridgeline prior to returning to Ram, I like the new split tailgate.

The Ram version is a better idea. It allows the tail gate to open with less open distance behind the truck.

The swinging tailgate and the in bed trunk are two features I miss.

Sent from my SM-G960U using Tapatalk
Hi I own a Ridgeline too and seriously thinking of a Ram - what do you recommend the MFT is a must I think for me - can you get it with the Rambox?

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Hi I own a Ridgeline too and seriously thinking of a Ram - what do you recommend the MFT is a must I think for me - can you get it with the Rambox?
Yes, you can get MFT with Ram Box. I suggest that you get the "bed trifecta" (Ram Box, MFT, Bed Utility Group), which also nets you the Cargo Divider, an extremely handy addition.

Reactions: 2wt

Helmetface

Reaction score
I didn't want to waste a whole new thread on this question:

For those who already own a 5th gen: Can you buy a MF Tailgate?

go-ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I didn't want to waste a whole new thread on this question:

For those who already own a 5th gen: Can you buy a MF Tailgate?
If by your question you mean "can the MFT be retrofit to a non-MFT 2019?", the word from Ram is that you'd have to buy the entire bed.
There are others who have posted here on 5thgenrams.com that they were going to look into what it takes, to see if it's possible.
This is strictly speculation on my part, not fact, but looking at all that is involved to make the MFT work (separate tailgate subframe to accommodate conventional drop-down operation), I'd be surprised if the answer to your question is yes.

Reaction score
Hello everyone. Hope you are all doing well in this messed up world we live in these days.

Is there any new news on the retrofitting of the multifunction tailgate lately?

Cheers!

Funky4me2

Reaction score
I am going to have to get clarification on that. I believe it's probably the same as the current situation where a customer would have to add the lugs themselves to use the divider as a bed extender.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
someone said cost of tailgate and a new neccessary box would be over $4K I should not have been in such a hurry to get a new truck again!

Users who are viewing this thread