5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Connect - Why ?

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
Im in the very early days of ownership and have come to understand im presently getting a limited time free trial of all that Ram Connect can do, whatever that may be. Im an average 63 year old guy when it comes to tech. I like some of it, learn and forget some of it, and cannot understand some of it.
Id like to know what im getting now, and more importantly, what ill lose if i dont subscribe to it after the trial. I saw somewhere a multi tier level of choices regarding subscription, starting with $5 a month. Id pay a little if i had to, but do i need to at all ?
Techy things in the truck im currently using and could not lose, are the navigation system, and apple car play (with which i am an interested novice ).
I certainly dont need to be able to start my truck from space with the app, (the standard fat fobs ability is fine with me) but see sense in the location services should my truck be stolen. The SOS and Assist system must surely function all the time, at least to a certain degree, right ?
Ive read all the propagandic info that was emailed to me and watched the videos etc. It all serves to further confuse for the most part.

So what have you average tech guys/gals decided to do? Id like to get a feeling for what will quit working after, what is it, 3 months ?
Cheers,
Kiwi.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Im in the very early days of ownership and have come to understand im presently getting a limited time free trial of all that Ram Connect can do, whatever that may be. Im an average 63 year old guy when it comes to tech. I like some of it, learn and forget some of it, and cannot understand some of it.
Id like to know what im getting now, and more importantly, what ill lose if i dont subscribe to it after the trial. I saw somewhere a multi tier level of choices regarding subscription, starting with $5 a month. Id pay a little if i had to, but do i need to at all ?
Techy things in the truck im currently using and could not lose, are the navigation system, and apple car play (with which i am an interested novice ).
I certainly dont need to be able to start my truck from space with the app, (the standard fat fobs ability is fine with me) but see sense in the location services should my truck be stolen. The SOS and Assist system must surely function all the time, at least to a certain degree, right ?
Ive read all the propagandic info that was emailed to me and watched the videos etc. It all serves to further confuse for the most part.

So what have you average tech guys/gals decided to do? Id like to get a feeling for what will quit working after, what is it, 3 months ?
Cheers,
Kiwi.
You won't lose anything in the truck. It is only for the app to remote start, remote lock/unlock, and track your vehicle. Not worth the money to me.

kapinallinen2

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I did not subscribe after the trial period, back then they wanted like USD 25.00 per month IIRC
When the navigation went tango uniform I switched to using WAZE and never looked back.

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

Cheers,
Kiwi.
You will lose the search function of navigation, but you can still enter an address and navigate to it. Just won't be able to search by POI. Such as typing in the business name.

Everything else will just involve use of the app. Sure you will lose location services but if the truck is stolen, it can still be tracked if needed, would just have to either pay for the feature or get court order.

Assist and sos buttons will still work, but the person on the other end will only tell you you need to subscribe to use the service

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score

Cheers,
Kiwi.
Log into this site Official Mopar Site | Uconnect Account Sign-In and you can see your subscriptions. I am not 100% sure if you have the same as 2022s, but they came with a 10 year "trial" of Ram's version of Lojack (make sure you tell your insurance company as it reduces the rate more than just a car alarm)

Your navigation is not affected by the Ramconnect services except it will not show gas prices (with some services it will attempt to show gas prices along the route).
It claims over the air map updates, but these almost never work AND people with UC5 (2022 and above) can get FREE map updates by downloading them and updating via USB https://stellantis.navshop.com/downloads/

You will lose the search function of navigation, but you can still enter an address and navigate to it. Just won't be able to search by POI. Such as typing in the business name.

Everything else will just involve use of the app. Sure you will lose location services but if the truck is stolen, it can still be tracked if needed, would just have to either pay for the feature or get court order.
This is not all correct.
OP has a 2024, IE UC5, not UC4 like you.
Search POI\name function is 100% working as it does NOT contact Ram as it uses the offline maps.
POI search by typing or voice works fine, just used it today for Walmart and Chilli's and it worked as expected.

On my 2022, not sure on 2024 there is a 10 year free trial for the location services ie Lojack, this is differnet then the GPS services on the app. YOU can NOT see where your truck is with this service, ONLY Ram if called can get the location with the 10 year security trial.

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Most people hate calling support and I know I do. I had the full package with my 2019 and was sick of paying like $40 a month for my truck. I called support and they had a special deal that I couldn’t see which was just the remote options for like $10 a month which was all I wanted. So I switched it over to that. You could always cancel it and if there were features you needed call support and ask them how to get the specific features you need to lower your cost.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score

I don't believe this is correct. I don't have the Ram Connect and can still search by POI name (e.g "Navigate to WalMart") and it shows local Walmarts I can select from. POIs are built into Tom Tom maps installed on your truck. They may not update if a new POI is added, but they are there and they can be searched without Ram Connect.

One thing I noticed I lost when my Ram Connect trial ended was gas prices next to the POI icon on the map. I also have no need to start my truck or lock and unlock the doors when my truck is out of range of the remote.

One feature I kind of liked was the ability use the app while away from my truck to locate a place I wished to go and then send that navigation to my truck. However, that feature was not very dependable. Some of the time it would appear on the truck's navigation as soon as I started and some of the time it would pop up minutes or hours later.

I don't think it's worth anywhere near what they charge for it.

Hopefully they don't go the way of other manufactures and force you to pay for the subscription. GM forces customers to pay $900 for 3 years of Onstar on many truck models. Originally it was listed as an "option" on every truck, but more recently, they just added the $900 the base price to make you think they are gifting you 3 years of onstar.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
You won't lose anything in the truck. It is only for the app to remote start, remote lock/unlock, and track your vehicle. Not worth the money to me.

Log into this site Official Mopar Site | Uconnect Account Sign-In and you can see your subscriptions. I am not 100% sure if you have the same as 2022s, but they came with a 10 year "trial" of Ram's version of Lojack (make sure you tell your insurance company as it reduces the rate more than just a car alarm)

Your navigation is not affected by the Ramconnect services except it will not show gas prices (with some services it will attempt to show gas prices along the route).
It claims over the air map updates, but these almost never work AND people with UC5 (2022 and above) can get FREE map updates by downloading them and updating via USB https://stellantis.navshop.com/downloads/

This is not all correct.
OP has a 2024, IE UC5, not UC4 like you.
Search POI\name function is 100% working as it does NOT contact Ram as it uses the offline maps.
POI search by typing or voice works fine, just used it today for Walmart and Chilli's and it worked as expected.

On my 2022, not sure on 2024 there is a 10 year free trial for the location services ie Lojack, this is differnet then the GPS services on the app. YOU can NOT see where your truck is with this service, ONLY Ram if called can get the location with the 10 year security trial.
Great info Dark. Gotta check into this. 10 year trial is overly generous !

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
I really only use mine to start the truck in the winter when I get out of the shower (too far for the key fob) so it’s toasty warm when I get in. Not sure it’s worth it, but I do like the ability to start it from my phone. I will also do it from my office in the evening. (2022, UC5)

Bsteiner36

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
How long does it take for your truck to start after you initialize a start from your phone? Mine takes anywhere from 30-45 seconds. Seems quick but my wife’s chevy does it in about 5-10 seconds. Mine is a 2019 so I hope it got better with the later year models.

wacopolumbo

Reaction score
How long does it take for your truck to start after you initialize a start from your phone? Mine takes anywhere from 30-45 seconds. Seems quick but my wife’s chevy does it in about 5-10 seconds. Mine is a 2019 so I hope it got better with the later year models.

I would guess 5 seconds at most. I have a Borla Exhaust, so I hear it start— even from the other side of the house.

cliffsta

Reaction score
As nice as it is to have the key fob functions in the app, it just isn’t worth the monthly subscription for me. To each his own, however. Without paying for the subscription, the Ram app is pretty useless. I downloaded the owners manual to my phone already.

DusterJoe

Reaction score
Wish I had these options here in Canada. Called last week and they want $280 a year for the services. Asked what that included and was told only remote start, remote lock/unlock and vehicle health via the app. Hard to justify that when I spent so much on the truck already.

DusterJoe

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
First time ive seen this ! Should i contact Ram connect to see about this ?
No just go to this link I sent and login (make an account if you don't have one)
It lists everything your truck has, and what you can addon.

Log into this site Official Mopar Site | Uconnect Account Sign-In and you can see your subscriptions.

Kiwiaudio

Reaction score
No just go to this link I sent and login (make an account if you don't have one)
It lists everything your truck has, and what you can addon.
I signed on to my mopar account and I see where i have the Connect subscription and the Sirius subscription (both post purchase trials at this point). Nowhere do i see where the three packages mentioned are available and/or selectable. Maybe they changed all that ?
There is a contact phone number, ill call and see whats up !

SShadow1974

Reaction score
I signed on to my mopar account and I see where i have the Connect subscription and the Sirius subscription (both post purchase trials at this point). Nowhere do i see where the three packages mentioned are available and/or selectable. Maybe they changed all that ?
There is a contact phone number, ill call and see whats up !
RAM Connect
Once logged in, click on MANAGE SUBSCRIPTIONS.
Then you are at the following page. Click the circles at the bottom to switch pages.
1705295444872.png

scott511

Reaction score
I don't have any trials or subscriptions. I'd like to try out for a couple of months the subscription where you can have remote start, etc.
I don't have nav, so the $10 nav plan wouldn't work. The other option is the assistance plan for $15. Of course when I hit buy now, I got "oops something went wrong try again call 1800"

Users who are viewing this thread