5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Connect - Why ?

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I don't have any trials or subscriptions. I'd like to try out for a couple of months the subscription where you can have remote start, etc.
I don't have nav, so the $10 nav plan wouldn't work. The other option is the assistance plan for $15. Of course when I hit buy now, I got "oops something went wrong try again call 1800"
There is a remote services plan. Before Christmas I got an email with promotion that was $5/mo for remote start, remote lock/unlock, sound horn, and remote vehicle tracking.

scott511

Reaction score
There is a remote services plan. Before Christmas I got an email with promotion that was $5/mo for remote start, remote lock/unlock, sound horn, and remote vehicle tracking.
Thanks. That's the one I'd love to have. May have to call them as I'm not seeing that plan available.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Don't forget that plan is only for UC4. People with UC5 use different plans.

Thanks. That's the one I'd love to have. May have to call them as I'm not seeing that plan available.
Just hit the call button in your truck and they will pickup and tell you what you can get. No 800 number needed.

scott511

Reaction score
Dumb question here.
Where is the call button in the truck? Is it supposed to be up here?

Attachments

• 20240115_094531.jpg
    20240115_094531.jpg
    134.2 KB · Views: 26

scott511

Reaction score
I think I know why. When I called the 800 number, the automated voice said something about being associated with a rental company and to call them.
When I spoke to a person, they kept telling me that my truck is not compatible for uconnect services. They couldn't tell me what made it non compatible, but I'm betting that it was bought new as a rental and maybe that has something to do with it.

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dumb question here.
Where is the call button in the truck? Is it supposed to be up here?
Yep, should be 2 buttons for Ram connect.
Looks like your truck may not have connected services as an option.
What kind of truck is that, a 2019 classic maybe?

scott511

Reaction score
Yep, should be 2 buttons for Ram connect.
Looks like your truck may not have connected services as an option.
What kind of truck is that, a 2019 classic maybe?
No, it's a 2020 Bighorn/Lonestar
Not classic

Darksteel165

Legendary member
Reaction score
No, it's a 2020 Bighorn/Lonestar
Not classic
Looks like they changed out that piece. I havnt seen any 5th Gen that has those kinds of buttons up there, especially on a Bighorn.
Do you have UC3? It's the smaller very basic looking 5 inch screen.

scott511

Reaction score
I think the buttons are missing because it was a rental when I bought it?

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I think the buttons are missing because it was a rental when I bought it?
You have a UC4 non-navigation radio. UC4 non-nav radios are not connected, and don’t have the ability to receive any connected services.

DEG

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I signed on to my mopar account and I see where i have the Connect subscription and the Sirius subscription (both post purchase trials at this point). Nowhere do i see where the three packages mentioned are available and/or selectable. Maybe they changed all that ?
There is a contact phone number, ill call and see whats up !

No they didn't change it but you are looking in the wrong place. Forget about the Mopar account; that's not where you need to go. Go directly to the Ram Connect website and create an account. (Ram Login) You will need your VIN to create the account.

Once you create the Ram Connect account you should see something like the following on the home page. It may take them a while to activate your account. You can download the app for your phone, but it doesn't show much and is pretty worthless if all you have is the performance and safety and security packages. I guess you can remotely view vehicle health reports, fuel level, tire pressure, oil life and odometer reading if that's important.

Note the expiration date for my performance package is 2028 and 2033 for the Safety and Security package. The Safety and Security package is what allows all the SOS and Assistance buttons on your overhead to work. It includes roadside assistance.

Ram Connect Dashboard viewed on Windows PC.
Ram Connect.jpg

scott511

Reaction score
You have a UC4 non-navigation radio. UC4 non-nav radios are not connected, and don’t have the ability to receive any connected services.
So, connected services basically mean any of those packages for remote start, vehicle tracking, etc. from the app won't work correct?
I guess that explains why they said my vehicle was not "compatible".
I spoke to the dealer today and will be taking it in for them to diagnose the rear window leak. He said they would check into why it wasn't compatible with Ram connect, but if it means installing a nav radio, I probably won't do that.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
So, connected services basically mean any of those packages for remote start, vehicle tracking, etc. from the app won't work correct?
I guess that explains why they said my vehicle was not "compatible".
I spoke to the dealer today and will be taking it in for them to diagnose the rear window leak. He said they would check into why it wasn't compatible with Ram connect, but if it means installing a nav radio, I probably won't do that.
Correct, that radio isn’t capable of any type of connected services because it doesn’t have a cell card.
Even if you install all of the correct radio parts that are capable of connected services, you still can’t ever get them activated. They are tied to the VIN, and if the VIN was built at the factory without connected services capability, they won’t be able to tie that VIN to a connected services account.

Rebob0510

Reaction score
I have tried and tried to login into Ram connect over and over with no luck, Created account, password or login is incorrect... create new password, save it try to login, get error. Try again same thing so I gave up and deleted the app off my phone LOL

TaosRam

Reaction score
Most people hate calling support and I know I do. I had the full package with my 2019 and was sick of paying like $40 a month for my truck. I called support and they had a special deal that I couldn’t see which was just the remote options for like $10 a month which was all I wanted. So I switched it over to that. You could always cancel it and if there were features you needed call support and ask them how to get the specific features you need to lower your cost.
Are you saying you have remote lock/unlock, remotes start, vehicle location on your 2019? I would like to add that to my 2021, but the website says Ram Connect is only available on select 2022 Ram models. Am I looking at the wrong thing?

Users who are viewing this thread