5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Brand U.S Sales Up 25% In April

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Actually no I don't. Most of my driving is rural. If there is no traffic on the roads, I flip to high beams and have absolutely no issues. If a car comes by, drop to low beams, but then their lights are helping to light the road as well.

I'm not saying the LEDs aren't an improvement; I'm just saying words like "crazy" and "downright dangerous" when referring to the halogens (which we've used since forever) is probably a bit of a stretch.
We also used wagons for forever too and look what we have now. LEDs are far and away an improvement in every way over halogens. I'm just saying, if you're looking at these new trucks it's a no brainer to get the led package. The price difference is negligible at best. I've actually seen a few trucks without them that were more than my truck.

Fidomac

Reaction score
I'm not surprised. The Ram's in my area are 10 to 15 thousand (CAD) cheaper than the GM twins, and still better equipped. GM dealers aren't nearly as hungry for some reason. Oh well, their loss.
Exactly....$10,000 off MSRP is common with RAM. Ford offered $3,000 and acted like they were going broke doing it

agjr85

Reaction score
if they would equip EVERY RAM with LED's standard (especially on Tradesman where u can't even add as option) they would be up 50 %.

I cannot tell you HOW Many Non LED units there are that just "sit there getting lot rot" in approx 20 dealer inventories in my radius....

Even on the lowest optioned truck it gives it SUCH a great look, those halogens with their "yellow hues" are just so old school, n-o-t-h-i-n-g modernizes a truck's grille better, they would fly off the lot : )

Agree, dump the halogen option. Increase need for LED lights, your supplier will reduce the cost and on the flip side you can increase truck cost a few hundo. You have less variety to manage, owners benefit from better lighting, and it improves the brand look.

Willwork4truck

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
And another thing, you are so right about law enforcement being too busy.......too bad what they are "too busy" doing is "writing tickets for ppl with 20% window tint instead of 15%" : (

You can light up a stadium with some of the headlights i've been seeing, but 5% too much tint (which blinds N-O O-N-E : ) and ur getting a ticket sure as shootin'... grrrr
I don’t know where you are but tint laws in NC are not a primary offense meaning they cannot cite you for that reason only. I also can tell you that the number of totally blacked out window vehicles I see here is ridiculous. We don’t have Az or Tx levels of heat in NC, just today I saw a sedan that was limod all 4 doors and back as well as a 20 ish % windshield. I can only image what an LEO would be thinking walking up when you cannot even tell how many people are in the car much less where their hands are.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
I don’t know where you are but tint laws in NC are not a primary offense meaning they cannot cite you for that reason only. I also can tell you that the number of totally blacked out window vehicles I see here is ridiculous. We don’t have Az or Tx levels of heat in NC, just today I saw a sedan that was limod all 4 doors and back as well as a 20 ish % windshield. I can only image what an LEO would be thinking walking up when you cannot even tell how many people are in the car much less where their hands are.

i completely agree with you for when ppl "black out" their windows... I am talking about windows that are so on the fence in their degree of tint that the LEO has to use his "tint meter" to be sure....and here we WILL be stopped AND cited for even 5% over allowable limit : (

Its sad really, to the degree that law enforcement is out & about these days, not looking for "real offenders", just seeking to hassle the regular guy just commuting to & fro work...In my tiny 8 mile commute, in this past year i have seen more ppl pulled over to side of road like never before.... At least one a day when i used to maybe see 1 a month : (

Its to the point where you're afraid to "pass someone" becuz even going 5 miles over speed limit just to get a head of a dump truck spitting gravel at ur brand new Ram, will get you a summons, even if you were just "passing a vehicle & not maintaining a high rate of speed"- They don't play here.... I'm in Beaumont Texas btw : )

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i completely agree with you for when ppl "black out" their windows... I am talking about windows that are so on the fence in their degree of tint that the LEO has to use his "tint meter" to be sure....and here we WILL be stopped AND cited for even 5% over allowable limit : (

Its sad really, to the degree that law enforcement is out & about these days, not looking for "real offenders", just seeking to hassle the regular guy just commuting to & fro work...In my tiny 8 mile commute, in this past year i have seen more ppl pulled over to side of road like never before.... At least one a day when i used to maybe see 1 a month : (

Its to the point where you're afraid to "pass someone" becuz even going 5 miles over speed limit just to get a head of a dump truck spitting gravel at ur brand new Ram, will get you a summons, even if you were just "passing a vehicle & not maintaining a high rate of speed"- They don't play here.... I'm in Beaumont Texas btw : )
Send some of your extra officers up to DFW. We need ‘em!

Users who are viewing this thread