5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram Brand U.S Sales Up 25% In April

Jared B

Site admin
Staff member
Reaction score
FCA US announced their monthly sales results this morning and again the Ram brand continues to make strides. The Ram Brand had another record month with sales up 25% compared to April 2018, selling 53,811 vehicles compared to 43,074 last April.

It appears as though Rams three truck strategy (1500, 1500 Classic and Heavy Duty) continues to resonate with customers as Ram pickups had their second consecutive record sales month. Sales were up significantly compared to last April with 49,106 Ram trucks sold compared to 39,252 in April 2018, a gain of 25%. The Ram ProMaster Van was up 35% with 3,805 sold last month compared to 2,817 last April. ProMaster City sales were down 10% with 900 sold last month compared to 1,005 in the same period of last year.

With the new 2019 Ram Heavy Duties starting to appear on lots last month we imagine that Ram Truck sales will continue their ascent for the near future as availability on the new Heavy Duty becomes greater.

In the report, FCA also announced that they will be following industry trends in moving to quarterly reporting starting in the third quarter of this year, so while we will see May and June sales numbers we won’t see anything until October 1st after that.

Month​
Year to date​
Brand Sales​
April ‘19​
April ‘18​
% Change​
2019​
2018​
% Change​
Ford F-series​
N/A​
N/A​
Reports quarterly​
N/A​
N/A​
Reports quarterly​
Chevrolet Silverado​
N/A​
N/A​
Reports quarterly​
N/A​
N/A​
Reports quarterly​
Ram Pickups​
49106​
39252​
25.00%​
169132​
143216​
18.00%​
GMC Sierra​
N/A​
N/A​
Reports quarterly​
N/A​
N/A​
Reports quarterly​
Toyota Tundra​
8862​
9457​
-6.30%​
33962​
35775​
-5.10%​
Nissan Titan​
2489​
2670​
-6.80%​
12172​
15394​
-20.90%​

goldeneyee

Reaction score
From what I understand, Ram out sold Chevrolet in the last quarter of 2018 by a small margin and again in the first quarter of 2019. April Ram sales were beyond belief. I'll bet the smart money will be on Ram to out sell Chevrolet in 2019.

Rustydodge

Reaction score
From the rumor mill.

F-series -4.2% 70,006 in April -0.9% YTD
Silverado -16.6% 39,779 in April -15.9% YTD
Sierra -6.2% 14,109 in April -3.3% YTD

Ram only 5k behind combined silverado and sierra in April

silver billet

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I'm not surprised. The Ram's in my area are 10 to 15 thousand (CAD) cheaper than the GM twins, and still better equipped. GM dealers aren't nearly as hungry for some reason. Oh well, their loss.

Electrical

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Chevy said the Q1 beat by Ram was because the new Silverado's weren't fully online.

Wagers on what Chevy's excuse will be when Ram beats them in Q2?

Ram92131

Reaction score
What’s amazing is that Toyota doesn’t seem to care about Tundra sales, even though they have that plant in San Antonio dedicated to producing them. That factory must be deeply under utilized. And Nissan clearly missed the mark with the redesigned Titan.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
if they would equip EVERY RAM with LED's standard (especially on Tradesman where u can't even add as option) they would be up 50 %.

I cannot tell you HOW Many Non LED units there are that just "sit there getting lot rot" in approx 20 dealer inventories in my radius....

Even on the lowest optioned truck it gives it SUCH a great look, those halogens with their "yellow hues" are just so old school, n-o-t-h-i-n-g modernizes a truck's grille better, they would fly off the lot : )

silver billet

Reaction score
if they would equip EVERY RAM with LED's standard (especially on Tradesman where u can't even add as option) they would be up 50 %.

I cannot tell you HOW Many Non LED units there are that just "sit there getting lot rot" in approx 20 dealer inventories in my radius....

Even on the lowest optioned truck it gives it SUCH a great look, those halogens with their "yellow hues" are just so old school, n-o-t-h-i-n-g modernizes a truck's grille better, they would fly off the lot : )

Meh. I specifically ordered mine from the factory with the halogens. It's a lot cheaper to buy, lot cheaper to maintain ($1000+ to replace the LED bulb), and the whole "LED thing" is soooo 2014. I've over it, really. Every $15,000 korean puddle jumper these days comes with LED's so it's hardly a sign of anything other than "me too". I don't mind the looks of the halogen at all, I think it gives it more of that "big rig" look.

And, if I want the better light output, I can always throw in some LED replacement bulbs into the halogen shell.

SpeedyV

Ram Connoisseur
Staff member
Site Supporter
Reaction score
And, if I want the better light output, I can always throw in some LED replacement bulbs into the halogen shell.
Not pointing a finger at you directly, but one of the most dangerous things on the road today is a vehicle with LED replacement lighting installed in halogen housings. The reflector design for the two types of bulbs is totally different, and the result of a mismatch is a ridiculous amount of glare. You know you've seen this on the road; it's usually pretty obvious. It's illegal, too, in many cases...but law enforcement has way too much to do to focus on this issue.

My recommendation...keep rocking the halogens ;)

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Meh. I specifically ordered mine from the factory with the halogens. It's a lot cheaper to buy, lot cheaper to maintain ($1000+ to replace the LED bulb), and the whole "LED thing" is soooo 2014. I've over it, really. Every $15,000 korean puddle jumper these days comes with LED's so it's hardly a sign of anything other than "me too". I don't mind the looks of the halogen at all, I think it gives it more of that "big rig" look.

i hear what your saying, its not that i think it "looks like a status symbol" its just an LED (lol :) , BUT i know for my truck, the yellow lights are the ONLY thing i think look awful, and i ain't gonna start go the route of replacing bulbs and join the other thousand motorists i see daily with one headlight out! Plus it ain't easy getting all up in there, i've watched headlight revolution vids, its a chore : )

At least mine look a little better when OFF because of the tinted covers, but IF there had been even ONE truck like mine within a 500 mile radius on ANY dealer lot with LED's, i woulda gone to get it. I thought i'd get used to it, but i can't help but grimace whenever i see them on! The one the dealer ordered for me last week (with NO deposit : ) has them on it (AND a rambox AND a sunroof AND Nav) so an upgrade may be in my future quite soon : )

Last edited:

silver billet

Reaction score
i hear what your saying, its not that i think it "looks like a status symbol" its just an LED (lol :) , BUT i know for my truck, the yellow lights are the ONLY thing i think look awful, and i ain't gonna start go the route of replacing bulbs and join the other thousand motorists i see daily with one headlight out!

At least mine look a little better when OFF because of the tinted covers, but IF there had been even ONE truck like mine within a 500 mile radius on ANY dealer lot, i woulda gone to get it. I thought i'd get used to it, but i can't help but grimace whenever i see them on! The one the dealer ordered for me last week (with NO deposit : ) has them on it (and a rambox AND a sunroof) so an upgrade may be in my future quite soon : )

View attachment 24223
Those are halogens, right? Looks awesome to me, I don't get the issue :) Each to their own, I won't say someone is wrong for having a different preference, but that truck above looks gorgeous to me anyway.

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Those are halogens, right? Looks awesome to me, I don't get the issue :) Each to their own, I won't say someone is wrong for having a different preference, but that truck above looks gorgeous to me anyway.

yes they are Halogen and i just think the yellow looks so outdated.. But you are right, to each their own :) and thank you for saying Black Beauty is "gorgeous"! ... here she is again lights off!

Attachments

• black bty.jpg
    black bty.jpg
    191.9 KB · Views: 9

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score
Not pointing a finger at you directly, but one of the most dangerous things on the road today is a vehicle with LED replacement lighting installed in halogen housings. The reflector design for the two types of bulbs is totally different, and the result of a mismatch is a ridiculous amount of glare. You know you've seen this on the road; it's usually pretty obvious. It's illegal, too, in many cases...but law enforcement has way too much to do to focus on this issue.

Never knew why so many trucks lights are burning my retinas, i just thought they came from mfg that way, makes so much sense- Thanks Speedy : )

Lil Miss Always Wrong

Reaction score

And another thing, you are so right about law enforcement being too busy.......too bad what they are "too busy" doing is "writing tickets for ppl with 20% window tint instead of 15%" : (

You can light up a stadium with some of the headlights i've been seeing, but 5% too much tint (which blinds N-O O-N-E : ) and ur getting a ticket sure as shootin'... grrrr

Granite5thgen

Reaction score
Imo not getting the LEDs is crazy. Its downright dangerous driving at night with halogen bulbs of these new trucks. My dads 4th gen looks like candle light compared to my truck. Worth every penny

silver billet

Reaction score
Imo not getting the LEDs is crazy. Its downright dangerous driving at night with halogen bulbs of these new trucks. My dads 4th gen looks like candle light compared to my truck. Worth every penny

Don't be such a drama queen. :rolleyes: Somehow we all survived using halogens for years.

silver billet

Reaction score
Not being able to see at night in the country is a big deal. Maybe you live in a place with street lights buts I dont

Actually no I don't. Most of my driving is rural. If there is no traffic on the roads, I flip to high beams and have absolutely no issues. If a car comes by, drop to low beams, but then their lights are helping to light the road as well.

I'm not saying the LEDs aren't an improvement; I'm just saying words like "crazy" and "downright dangerous" when referring to the halogens (which we've used since forever) is probably a bit of a stretch.

Users who are viewing this thread