5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

RAM app no remote start

barrybbenson

Reaction score
I bought a 2024 Bighorn 3rd week of Jan 24.
Uconnect 3. App on Samsung Android S20.

I've been trying to make use of free trial app and get remote start feature. The initial download app didn't have that. I tried dealer for help, they said call RAM. I emailed RAM customer service with VIN to ask did my truck have capability. They confirmed yes. They passed me off to SIRIUS Guardian. They said you need to plunk down credit card to double trial period to get remote start feature. I did that. Next day, no remote start so I call back. They say it can take up to 24 hrs. I wait three days no remote start. I email RAM customer service they say we'll get back to you. That was 3 days ago. Very frustrating.

BTW how do you all add those great signatue lines in small font with your truck info?

Thank you - great forum!

2024 1500 Bighorn 3.6l Quad 4x4
Added class IV hitch
Added Line X spray liner
Added iBoard running boards
In process of add trailer module

Attachments

• Screenshot_20240210_074701_Drive.jpg
    Screenshot_20240210_074701_Drive.jpg
    110.5 KB · Views: 18
  • 20240123_185312.jpg
    20240123_185312.jpg
    150.8 KB · Views: 18

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score

I've been trying to make use of free trial app and get remote start feature. The initial download app didn't have that. I tried dealer for help, they said call RAM. I emailed RAM customer service with VIN to ask did my truck have capability. They confirmed yes. They passed me off to SIRIUS Guardian. They said you need to plunk down credit card to double trial period to get remote start feature. I did that. Next day, no remote start so I call back. They say it can take up to 24 hrs. I wait three days no remote start. I email RAM customer service they say we'll get back to you. That was 3 days ago. Very frustrating.

BTW how do you all add those great signatue lines in small font with your truck info?

Thank you - great forum!

Added class IV hitch
Added Line X spray liner
Since you only have the small UC3 display, remote services like remote start won't be an option for you

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score

Thank you - great forum!

Added class IV hitch
Added Line X spray liner

only know how to add signature on a computer
when on any page in the upper right area highlite your name/handle a drop down menu will appear, click on signature

fyi ask for a refund for what you paid
remote keyless entry is not remote start

Ram4Lou

Reaction score
From what I’ve been reading, the Ram app has been associated with recent battery drain issues on ‘24 models. And I don’t think FCA has a solution just yet. My advice would be to delete the app for the time being, get a refund from Sirius, and then request your free trial period to start over from the date that Ram finds a solution for the app related issues.

Not saying that your problem is definitely caused by the Ram app issues, but I wouldn’t risk using the app right now with what I've been hearing about the battery drain issues.

I do like the Ram app for starting my vehicle on cold days in the company parking garage about 5 minutes before I leave my office, since my FOB cannot transmit that far!

Read a little about it here:

Last edited:

Oldphart

Reaction score
Just use the FOB....Paying for the useless and/or redundant features on UConnect is a waste of money.

barrybbenson

Reaction score
they do not have remote start
Sorry I meant the start function in the app, not from a keyfob. My key fob doesn't have start button Blbut RAM said it could be done from app.

Jimmy07

Honorary Site Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Sorry I meant the start function in the app, not from a keyfob. My key fob doesn't have start button Blbut RAM said it could be done from app.
If your fobs don’t have the button circled in the pic below, then your truck is not equipped with remote start at all. If the truck is not equipped with remote start, then the function for remote start is not going to show up in the Ram Connect App.
IMG_0346.jpeg

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I ordered a tradesman, no remote start option from factory. When it arrived, simply bought the fobs and turned it on in the computer.

barrybbenson

Reaction score
I ordered a tradesman, no remote start option from factory. When it arrived, simply bought the fobs and turned it on in the computer.
Did you buy OEM fobs and did they need program by dealer or locksmith?

Bt10

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Did you buy OEM fobs and did they need program by dealer or locksmith?
This probably doesn't help with your question, but I got it negotiated into the new car price for free, so when it came in, it just went to the service dept. Yes, they are OEM, and the mechanic didn't know if the receiver would be present or not, especially on a tradesman, but it was, so it was just the fobs new and programmed, and the feature turned on in the truck computer. I imagine there are youtubes of programming new OEM fobs. Makes me think the receiver may be a part of a larger multi use module standard on the 5th gen.

BaronAlm

Reaction score
only know how to add signature on a computer
when on any page in the upper right area highlite your name/handle a drop down menu will appear, click on signature

fyi ask for a refund for what you paid

WOW!! I think you just solved a huge issue for me! Massive relief off my shoulders… I was using the app to start and lock my truck (2023 Ram 2500, bought new in Sept 2023) from time to time. There were a few times I found my batteries completely dead and had it towed to the dealer. They couldn’t ever find a problem with it after recharging the batteries. About a month ago, I lost the remote options in the app… Putting 2+2 together now, I haven’t had any electrical/battery issues since! I was trying to schedule an entire week for the dealer to test for a parasitic drain. I wasn’t even thinking about the app causing those problems! Thank you.

BaronAlm

Reaction score
From what I’ve been reading, the Ram app has been associated with recent battery drain issues on ‘24 models. And I don’t think FCA has a solution just yet. My advice would be to delete the app for the time being, get a refund from Sirius, and then request your free trial period to start over from the date that Ram finds a solution for the app related issues.

Not saying that your problem is definitely caused by the Ram app issues, but I wouldn’t risk using the app right now with what I've been hearing about the battery drain issues.

I do like the Ram app for starting my vehicle on cold days in the company parking garage about 5 minutes before I leave my office, since my FOB cannot transmit that far!

Read a little about it here:

WOW!! I think you just solved a huge issue for me! Massive relief off my shoulders… I was using the app to start and lock my truck (2023 Ram 2500, bought new in Sept 2023) from time to time. There were a few times I found my batteries completely dead and had it towed to the dealer. They couldn’t ever find a problem with it after recharging the batteries. About a month ago, I lost the remote options in the app… Putting 2+2 together now, I haven’t had any electrical/battery issues since! I was trying to schedule an entire week for the dealer to test for a parasitic drain. I wasn’t even thinking about the app causing those problems! Thank you.

Users who are viewing this thread