5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Ceramic Coated

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Nice! The cool thing about properly done Ceramic... it'll look that same way, again and again, after you wash it (provided that its washed decently). And it should wash a bit easier as well.

aodetailnj

Reaction score
Looks awesome!! Which coating system did they apply? (I see CP banners, but speaking from experience, we carry more than one brand)

MikeMatty

Reaction score

MeOff

Reaction score
I had my 2019 Ram 1500 Laramie ceramic coated the first week I bought it. Two years later, it looks like I just waxed it everytime I wash it. So much easier to keep it clean. The best money I spent on a vehicle. Looks great!

hulk181

Reaction score
Looks great. I have been playing with the idea to get my done. If you don't mind me asking what did the job cost?

richardfl

Reaction score
Looks awesome!! Which coating system did they apply? (I see CP banners, but speaking from experience, we carry more than one brand)
I went with the Ceramic Pro Silver (5 year warranty). They had both Xpel Fusion and Ceramic Pro. I went with the CP because of the 5 year warranty vs. 4 year warranty. Both are professional-grade ceramics and should hold up for some time.

richardfl

Reaction score
Nice!

1. What products did you use for your paint correction and what ceramic coat product did you use?
2. Where's your American flag decal that comes with the BTS?

Sent from my SM-N986U using Tapatalk
Mike - my installer recommended either Xpel Fusion or Ceramic Pro. I went with Ceramic Pro because of the 5 year warranty vs. 4. I trust this shop. They work daily with super cars -- Ferrari's, Bentley's, Lambo's, etc. They are highly regarded in my area and for good reason.

As for the American flag decal, I plan to relocate to the back windshield instead of having it directly on the paint. It's not a political statement, it's a "I want my paint protection to last as long as possible." I love the theme of the BTS and is one of the reasons I got it. Those flags look awesome and will definitely be shown proudly.

MeOff

Reaction score
Since I had the costing done when new, there was little paint correction needed. That is were the cost comes in. More labor. I had the CP done. $900 Bucks flat. 5 yr warranty with a free re-coating every year for first 5yrs.

davidn0021

Reaction score
Since I had the costing done when new, there was little paint correction needed. That is were the cost comes in. More labor. I had the CP done. $900 Bucks flat. 5 yr warranty with a free re-coating every year for first 5yrs.
WOW, where are you located? I just shelled out 4k for mine but with PPF.. without, it's still way more than $900 and I have to pay $160/yr to stay under warranty! Feels like a bit of a scam.........

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
If they had told me $4k for mine, I would have never done it.

I believe I paid around $1600 for my 7 year Opti-Coat Pro Plus ceramic coating, not counting the tip I gave (went directly to the guys that worked on it). That includes any paint correction and all the other necessary prep-work. No yearly cost to stay under warranty (other than regular washes).

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Correct. I know PPF is more expensive, and I know its "just" 5-10% of the MSRP of the truck, but that would be just too much for me. To each their own though; if you're happy, more power to you.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Correct. I know PPF is more expensive, and I know its "just" 5-10% of the MSRP of the truck, but that would be just too much for me. To each their own though; if you're happy, more power to you.
Ceramic looks awesome and makes washing easier...no doubt about that. However, it does NOTHING to protect the paint like PPF does. If I only had the money to do one or the other, my first investment would be PPF on the entire front of the truck to protect it from rocks and other debris. Then, after saving up more money, I'd do the ceramic. Ceramic can be done at any time since paint correction is involved and you can take a 3-5 year old truck and make it look new. You really can't wait to do PPF or that damage may already be done to the front end. Just my two cents.

UnloosedChewtoy

5thGenRams Supporter
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Ceramic looks awesome and makes washing easier...no doubt about that. However, it does NOTHING to protect the paint like PPF does.
Going to disagree with you there. While it does not do as much as PPF, and its not a miracle coating, the good stuff does give a little protection.

Agreed that it is way easier to do either when the truck is nearly new or brand new. Minimum correction is always best/cheapest.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Going to disagree with you there. While it does not do as much as PPF, and its not a miracle coating, the good stuff does give a little protection.

Agreed that it is way easier to do either when the truck is nearly new or brand new. Minimum correction is always best/cheapest.
Agree to disagree. The ceramic coating is a few microns in thickness and really won't protect much of anything from anything minus bird poop, tree sap and maybe a few other things I'm missing. The biggest benefit is the washing and not having "stuff" stick to the surface.

richardfl

Reaction score
You got a heck of a price. Mine cost $1500 but that includes all paint, all wheels, trim, all glass and even the tonneau cover.

Users who are viewing this thread