5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Ram 1500 Ceramic Coated

richardfl

Reaction score
Looks great. I have been playing with the idea to get my done. If you don't mind me asking what did the job cost?
$1500 for mine. This included coating everything including all paint, all wheels, trim, all glass and even the tonneau cover.

richardfl

Reaction score
Ceramic looks awesome and makes washing easier...no doubt about that. However, it does NOTHING to protect the paint like PPF does. If I only had the money to do one or the other, my first investment would be PPF on the entire front of the truck to protect it from rocks and other debris. Then, after saving up more money, I'd do the ceramic. Ceramic can be done at any time since paint correction is involved and you can take a 3-5 year old truck and make it look new. You really can't wait to do PPF or that damage may already be done to the front end. Just my two cents.
There is a price consideration between getting PPF and just painting your bumper after a few years. I think it might be less expensive to get your bumper painted than it is to get PPF. In my particular case, I have the black steel bumper and the matte black grille both dominating the front area. There is still some paint there that needs to be protected but that panel is pretty small and can be repainted if needed.

I hear ya though. I wish I had the dough to do both. I't s a bit to pricy for me. I do value the easier cleaning on this beast of a truck. I even have to use a ladder just to clean the roof/sunroof area. LOL

arptsprt

Reaction score
Dang that looks nice...

Been awhile since I had a new truck (2020 Rebel) and I didn’t know this type of “treatment” was a thing.

Who do I contact to learn more? Body shop? Detailer?

Stupid question I know. But, thanks.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Dang that looks nice...

Been awhile since I had a new truck (2020 Rebel) and I didn’t know this type of “treatment” was a thing.

Who do I contact to learn more? Body shop? Detailer?

Stupid question I know. But, thanks.
Google "Ceramic coating for cars near me"

arptsprt

Reaction score
Yeah, will do. Thanks. I do live in a small town about 2.5 hours from the “big city” so “near me” is relative. Lol.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MeOff

Reaction score
I had the paint and glass done. I coated the wheels myself with a clear spray polyurethane. I'm in Denver, Co. I'm 66 yo. Always had a huge interest in cars with detailing and waxing my Dad's cars when young, then my own. Ceramic Coating was new to me two years ago. I thought, hey, I'm an ole' f**k, I need to invest in myself, so what the heck! Like I posted earlier, everytime I wash my truck (once a week, weather permitting), once dry, it looks like I just waxed it. I get so many compliments. My truck is Del Monico Red. So for the length of post!

MeOff

Reaction score
Sigma Kore did mine. I have the Sport Edition (painted bumpers) and Pano Moonroof. I had my 08' for 11 years, 200,000 miles. This is mostly my last truck..! : (

MeOff

Reaction score
If'n I figure out how to upload a pic, I'll do so, but I'm not much of a computer guy. My truck shines just like the original post of our brother with the silver pictures and it's two years young! :)

BowDown

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Going to disagree with you there. While it does not do as much as PPF, and its not a miracle coating, the good stuff does give a little protection.

Agreed that it is way easier to do either when the truck is nearly new or brand new. Minimum correction is always best/cheapest.

Ceramic coating offer zero protection from the perils that PPF protect from, don't believe that falsehood

BowDown

Reaction score
My ceramic coating was $87
Gyeon Q2 MOHS, also bought CQUARTZ UK 3.0 to try out. Did my paint correction the 1st week I had the truck (yes, new paint needs correction) then Llumar Platinum PPF everything forward of the doors ($1700) then ceramic coating.

BowDown

Reaction score
There is a price consideration between getting PPF and just painting your bumper after a few years. I think it might be less expensive to get your bumper painted than it is to get PPF. In my particular case, I have the black steel bumper and the matte black grille both dominating the front area. There is still some paint there that needs to be protected but that panel is pretty small and can be repainted if needed.

I hear ya though. I wish I had the dough to do both. I't s a bit to pricy for me. I do value the easier cleaning on this beast of a truck. I even have to use a ladder just to clean the roof/sunroof area. LOL

That would be a wash. It will cost about $4-600 to repaint the front bumper (I thought someone hear got a $600 quote). PPF would cost you under $600 for the bumper. The shop I used quoted me $600 for the entire bumper, headlights and the panels beneath the headlights

bigdodge

Happy Ram Owner
Reaction score
another thread here

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
Recognizing that this thread is a year old, PPF isn't a flat cost over time. You're still going to get rock chips with PPF that will require correction and/or new paint. That stacks on top of whatever it costs to remove the old PPF and apply the new PPF.

I did PPF on my last two trucks, but after getting rock chips anyway, I decided to skip it on this one.

Of course this depends on how you use your truck. If you're never or rarely on the highway, it's less likely that you'll have the same issues.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
doesn't it protect the paint from fading?
and when on windows as tint make it cooler temperature wise inside?
Since it protects the clear coat, it automatically protects the paint;)

You are confusing ceramic TINT with the ceramic liquid coatings that go on paint...two totally different things.

SnowBlaZR2

Fuel Economy Champion
Site Supporter
Reaction score
I agree as well. Ceramic will only make your truck easier to clean and protect the clear coat from bugs and bird droppings. It was never designed to do anything more.
Yeah, but my detailer told me my Ceramic XtremeGloss 9000 Pro would stop rock chips, crazy exes with keys, and that I'd never have to wash it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Site Vendors

https://www.jasonlewisautomotive.com/