5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

country4life

Reaction score
Hey I have a 2020 ram 1500 and was going down the highway at 70mph and had to slam on the brakes due to a guy that lost his transmission going over a bridge and had traffic come to a halt are my brakes ok? It did not skid or anything

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Shouldn’t be an issue as long as your rotors didn’t warp, are there any new vibrations that occur when braking?

OldMarine

Ram Guru
Reaction score
should be ok. Just a tip for future, whenever you have to really lay on the brakes to come to a hard stop, as soon as you stop, let off the brake pedal and let the vehicle roll a foot or so. This helps protect the rotor from warping due to a hot spot.

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
You shouldn't have any issues with today's ABS. It won't let the brakes lock up and overheat the rotors. Plus, the trucks rotors are so large and thick, it would take a lot to overheat.

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey I have a 2020 ram 1500 and was going down the highway at 70mph and had to slam on the brakes due to a guy that lost his transmission going over a bridge and had traffic come to a halt are my brakes ok? It did not skid or anything
What is your question here? Are you seriously worried that slamming on the brakes hurt them in some way? Did you run over the transmission that the guy lost in the road?

I would have a hard time driving any vehicle I could not brake hard in. I mean sudden stops are a part of driving in the real world.

J-Cooz

Ram Guru
Reaction score
It would take repeated stops from that speed to overheat and damage the brakes.

The brakes on the ram are huge and rotors are thick. I wouldn't worry

Sent from my SM-G781W using Tapatalk

Users who are viewing this thread