5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rain Sensing Wipers (Not equipped but have the part)

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
This fixed both issues? Just to be clear, I don't need a new windshield, just a new gel pack, right?
Are you talking about startup of the truck? Or when using the wiper switch? I leave mine on auto all the time and they never come on when I turn on the truck. I had issues with the random wipes, and the new gel pack helped. You do not need a new windshield.

nekit

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do the rain sensing wiper recalibrate in AlphaOBD? I did the mod a few months ago and it works fine, but randomly occasionally wipes and was thinking the recalibration might help? Figured I would try that first and if that doesn't work order a new gel pad. Thanks for any help.

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I get a fail error trying to calibrate using alfa. Not sure it works.

SkeeterJackson

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can answer this...

I am about to place an order from moparfactoryparts.com for both the sensor and gel pack. I plan on replacing the gel pack based on this thread. It seems like people who don't tend to get some minor issues. 2 questions.

1. Does the sensor already have the gel pack on it? Therefore, I dont need to order a separate one or should I order a separate gel pack. The sensor is 60 bucks and the gel pack is 30 bucks.

2. Are these the right SKU numbers Sensor - 68298334AA Gel Pack - 68488349AA

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Does anyone know how to do the rain sensing wiper recalibrate in AlphaOBD? I did the mod a few months ago and it works fine, but randomly occasionally wipes and was thinking the recalibration might help? Figured I would try that first and if that doesn't work order a new gel pad. Thanks for any help.
There's no calibration, you will have to change the gel pad.

KNGSNK11

Reaction score
Hopefully someone can answer this...

I am about to place an order from moparfactoryparts.com for both the sensor and gel pack. I plan on replacing the gel pack based on this thread. It seems like people who don't tend to get some minor issues. 2 questions.

1. Does the sensor already have the gel pack on it? Therefore, I dont need to order a separate one or should I order a separate gel pack. The sensor is 60 bucks and the gel pack is 30 bucks.

2. Are these the right SKU numbers Sensor - 68298334AA Gel Pack - 68488349AA
Its funny, the last sensor I bought for rain sense had the gel pad already on it.

MannyN

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just did mine this morning. Removed the old sensor, gel pack looked fine. Installed the new sensor, change the 2 settings with AlfaOBD and everything is working as it should. No false wipe on start up either.;)

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Anyone have a source or know where the rain sensor might be in stock? I have placed an order 3 separate times all from different sources, and all three orders have been cancelled due to the part being out of stock and backordered with no available ETA on when they will be available. I tried with Mopar CJDR, Mopar Parts, and a dealer posting on eBay. No luck.

Going to call around a few more places but figured I'd ask in here if someone might know where one can be bought.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Last one, hurry.
That is one of the sellers I ordered through. lol I'm finding that several of them say limited stock, or 1 in stock, but they do not actually have them. I'll keep digging. I really want to knock this install out.

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Swapped out the sensor this afternoon, and made the changes in AlfaOBD. Grabbed a spray bottle and misted the windshield to check and everything appears to be working as it should be. I have the Uconnect 12” screen, and it still has not showed up under my wiper settings so I am still waiting on that piece. Appreciate the work and follow up from everyone in this thread. Good stuff!

Biggiehorn

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Popped up about an hour or so later in the settings. Can’t believe how simple this addition was. @MannyN Thanks again for the help locating the sensor. Appreciate it.

Attachments

• DCD003B7-CD67-4C81-B336-BC7623F6D3A3.jpeg
    DCD003B7-CD67-4C81-B336-BC7623F6D3A3.jpeg
    92.6 KB · Views: 43

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Popped up about an hour or so later in the settings. Can’t believe how simple this addition was. @MannyN Thanks again for the help locating the sensor. Appreciate it.
Yeah, should just be standard. It can't save them that much money.

Users who are viewing this thread