5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rain Sensing Wipers (Not equipped but have the part)

Rick8325

Reaction score
Was messing with my rear view mirror to see if I can install my dash cam inside the mirror trim because there’s so much room and it already has a cutout by the windshield and saw this part and looked it up. It says rain sensor. I don’t have it as a setting in my Bighorn radio settings. Why is this here?

Attachments

• FE5AE8A9-3B83-466D-869B-F21097A0CB02.jpeg
    FE5AE8A9-3B83-466D-869B-F21097A0CB02.jpeg
    101.5 KB · Views: 1,133

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I would guess that it also senses outside air temp. Do you have a readout for temp in your truck?

azzx

Reaction score
it would be nice to get access to an actual Bill of Materials for the truck that lists part numbers that were used.
I know, there are probably over 20,000 individual parts, however one can narrow it down to specific functions/components.
I want to know how many of the "shared" parts that are required for adding adaptive cruise control are actual on my truck so I can just focus on what I need to get.

HeliPilot

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Just looked up a replacement rain sensor for the 2019 Ram, and that is indeed what you have. I completely missed the fact that you stated it says rain sensor on it. I agree that its weird that its even there. On the bright side, maybe an easy upgrade for you!!!!

Nails

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I’m sure a simple coding with Witech and new multi function switch and will come alive

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Reviving the thread - my bighorn is the same way.

I'm currently working on enabling the option in the BCM with AlfaOBD and testing functions..suppose to rain tonight.
I was able to get the option to enable to show up in my radio, which I did.
I'm just waiting for physical rain to occur, so I can see if the wipers start working on there own!

rrbhokies

Reaction score
And a BAD WAG at that ;)
Don't feel bad. If you were right, it may have explained why the stupid sensor can't measure the correct outside temperature to save it's life. I understand it's hot outside here in Virginia, but when I get in my truck and 20 minutes later it still shows it being 120 degrees outside, but the weather report says it's in the high 90's, something's not right.........

Now, as for the rain senor working? That's debatable too. I have the setting turned on, and my wipers are in intermittent mode. However, there have now been times where it's started raining and a decent amount of water builds up on the windshield and the wipers don't run. I have to manually turn it to the on position to get it to work. And then, there are times on a sunny day where out of the blue while driving, the damn wipers will make a pass. WTF? So, chalk this up to another feature (like the emergency rear braking) that is much less useful than it was originally intended for.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Reviving the thread - my bighorn is the same way.

I'm currently working on enabling the option in the BCM with AlfaOBD and testing functions..suppose to rain tonight.
I was able to get the option to enable to show up in my radio, which I did.
I'm just waiting for physical rain to occur, so I can see if the wipers start working on there own!
Spray a hose onto the windshield

mike_ct

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Spray a hose onto the windshield
I did, but I think the vehicle has to be in drive, ie. auto wipers won't work in park to neutral...and if I exit the vehicle in drive, the parking break comes on and it switched to park anyway. and I don't have a helper to do the hose at the moment.

JJRamTX

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I did, but I think the vehicle has to be in drive, ie. auto wipers won't work in park to neutral...and if I exit the vehicle in drive, the parking break comes on and it switched to park anyway. and I don't have a helper to do the hose at the moment.

My auto wipers work in Neutral and in Park when the engine is running. Had to time it just right to use the window cleaner at the gas station when cleaning across the sensor.

Users who are viewing this thread