5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rain Sensing Wipers (Not equipped but have the part)

jeremymayflower

Reaction score
I did the upgrade and used JScan. The menu on my 8.4 showed up immediately. Not working yet but going to let it rest over night.

JScan - adaptation
Radio user setting
Rain sensitive wipers on/off
What settings all did you turn on with Jscan? Mine is giving me issues

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Doing this next but having trouble finding my paint code for the door handles.. any advice?
You don't need new door handles for rain sensing wipers. There's a thread about adding passive entry. It has a list of door handles. You can find your paint code on the inside of your driver's door jamb.

bbates7995

Reaction score
Looks like the gel packs are out of stock everywhere. Any one have any luck finding them? I'm searching for part# 68488349AA

JeffJr336

Reaction score
Added the following to my Level 1 Bighorn:

Header Wiring Part #68488874aa
Rain Sensor Part #68298334aa

Changed the two settings in AlfaOBD as described earlier in the thread.

I now have rain sensing wipers.

Notes:
1. Take your time. Running the new harness is a little challenging. Removing the old harness was tough as was reassembling everything. Get a friend to hold up the sun visors when reinstalling. Leave two hours for this.

2. My new sensor included the gel pad. Although I had to run the new harness, and I do not have auto climate control, I feel that not having to clean out the old sensor was easier.

3. The passenger side panel below the pillar comes out easily. Just pull on it.

4. I spoke to a technician at Safelite auto glass. They install these sensors often. Keep that in mind. This is a mod you can do. The trim by the mirror is designed to come off and with a little wiggling it does come off somewhat easily. Anyway, this is a doable project.
Does AlfaOBD work on IPhone?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Silly question, but I ordered 68298334aa and already have autoclimate so wiring should be there. How do I know if the sensor I have coming has the gel pack on it?

EDIT. It did come with the pack. You can see the shine from it when you pull the plastic cover off.

Install went fine. I did break one of the little feet off of the cover that lets you take the plastic housing off. Hard to explain but it is the smaller of the two covers. Not sure how you would get it off. Maybe someone can advise for the next guy?

Either way, it's back on and no rattles so it's fine. Programmed it with JSCAN and everything functions great.

Last edited:

cwatts10

Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2024 1500 bighorn. Mine has the DASM and I just did the auto high beams and they work great. I tried doing the auto wipers but it did not appear to work, I tested it by pouring a bottle of water over the sensor. I also got a yellow “P” with a circle around it after enabling the auto wiper functions in OBD.

My question is, it appears I already have the sensor in the dasm, is this correct? I’ll
attach a pic.

Thanks

Attachments

• IMG_3117.jpeg
    IMG_3117.jpeg
    124 KB · Views: 15

vincentw56

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey guys, I have a 2024 1500 bighorn. Mine has the DASM and I just did the auto high beams and they work great. I tried doing the auto wipers but it did not appear to work, I tested it by pouring a bottle of water over the sensor. I also got a yellow “P” with a circle around it after enabling the auto wiper functions in OBD.

My question is, it appears I already have the sensor in the dasm, is this correct? I’ll
attach a pic.

Thanks
No, you don't. There is a sensor there for auto climate, but it doesn't have the rain sensor. You will still need to install it. It will replace that module and have both sensors in it. And the sensor isn't part of the DASM. Two different things.

cskindt

Ram Guru
Reaction score
And even thought they look the same and you want the one you have to work, it won't work.

When you order the proper sensor, do not use your VIN number. You will be sent the same sensor you have now and then post why it still doesn't work. This happened to another member.

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score

attach a pic.

Thanks
That yellow P is an alert that your fcw
/lane sensing isn't active which comes from having the wrong sensor. I have the same setup and tried it just to the heck of it before installing the new one. I was hoping maybe Ram decided to put the right sensor on for no good reason. 😂. Once you get the right sensor a should work well.

mahnkal

Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but after reading everything, I am not seeing an answer, but on the ACC thread, it says to order 68298468AA. this thread is saying 68298334AA. That being said, I installed 68298468AA, activated Rain Sensor Present: Yes, Rain Sensor Module #2 Present: Yes, and Rain Sensitive Wipers CSM Present: Yes. My assumption is that part number is incorrect, and I need to order 68298334AA. Is that accurate, or should the other part number work, I just dont have settings right?

deeve

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Copying Jimmy07's response here since it answers the question.

22Ram1500InAR

Reaction score
I know this has been asked before but after reading everything, I am not seeing an answer, but on the ACC thread, it says to order 68298468AA. this thread is saying 68298334AA. That being said, I installed 68298468AA, activated Rain Sensor Present: Yes, Rain Sensor Module #2 Present: Yes, and Rain Sensitive Wipers CSM Present: Yes. My assumption is that part number is incorrect, and I need to order 68298334AA. Is that accurate, or should the other part number work, I just dont have settings right?
I used “334AA”. See my post #220. They work well.

Users who are viewing this thread