5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Radio Recall....Just got it.....

rraulston

Reaction score
The YouTube link didn't work. I don't think its up yet..... recall.jpg

YYCJim

Reaction score
I had my truck in for an oil change the other day and they said this needed to be done. When I got my truck back, they told me the update process was not required for my truck and were going to check with tech support. I have never had the issue above so happy they did not mess with something that was working fine.

robwah

Reaction score
Had my recall completed today. Radio version 20.04.19. Everything works great. Truck is April 2019 build date with NFGL hardware

rconiv

Reaction score
Must be a fairly decent update, if the main build number changed.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
It appears, if I am not mistaken, that this recall is only for trucks built in mid-2019.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Interesting...so maybe mid-2019 into early 2020. I guess my point is that it does not appear to impact earlier builds in 2018 into early 2019. I have an 11/28/2018 build and I am not impacted like others. I have never had any issues with my radio at all since purchase over a year ago...I just want it to stay that way and not try to fix something that isn't broken;)

Sascwatch

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My truck was built March 2020 and I was notified of this update. The online Uconnect update checker says I am up to date tho.

jloops

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I had this issue off and on with software 18.45.40 but dealership said they couldn’t duplicate and didn’t do anything about it. I had a recorded a video for them. I just got the 19.49.13 OTA update about a month ago and it happened again the other day, recorded another video. My build date is July 2018 and doesn’t show the recall applies to my truck.

jddirk

Reaction score
That may be because the update (Recall) must be done at the dealership and is not an OTA.

The recall notice says it IS an OTA update OR a dealer installed update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Diamondback

Ram Guru
Reaction score
There was also part that had been updated after we started updating all of the dealer lot ones .. they added an, "If prior to this date .. " DO NOT UPDATE! .. along with the, "if after this date .. " It Is Already Up To Date.

RJS

Reaction score
The recall notice says it IS an OTA update OR a dealer installed update.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yup, got the recall notice for my 1/19 build date Laramie last week. It says either go to the dealer or it will done over the air in May or sooner.

Bearman95

Reaction score
Got the update notification from FCA yesterday in the mail. They said it had been done via over the air. Apparently the notification was just to notify me that it had been done. Mine is a 2020 Laramie sport, built in August of last year.

Mr. Chow

Just Happy to Be Here!!
Reaction score
It's okay, my truck is on 18.27.17 with BootMicro ver. 18.26.01 and EQ 3.4. Went to the dealership and got told I have to update my software to do the recall. Well I am out of the 3/36k. So i get to pay for my recall. Guess I will have to deal with my reverse camera. Kinda BS buying the truck doesn't provide you with software support.

Truck has always been serviced at Ram. So how is a customer suppose to know their software is out to date.

Users who are viewing this thread