5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quiet A/T tire?

JBV

Reaction score
i've got Sumitomo Encounter AT's on my truck and love them. recent Tirerack testing just came out. turns out they have exceptional wet weather performance, which is ideal for the climate where i live. as AT tires go from mild to wild, i would put them pretty much square in the middle. KO2's are more aggressive, as are Toyo open country AT3. i've read nothing but great reviews of the Geolanders and was looking for them at the time, but was not available. they are on the milder side of AT, probably quiet, but i guess it depends on other attributes you prioritize. i'm glad a big local dealer had the Sumitomo as a house brand. i like the way they look as well.

Repsol69

Reaction score
Third on the Ridge Grapplers. For an A/T tire these are amazingly quiet. They look fantastic and ride great to!

11388fc09a1ef16dfb5392db8ef31a7a.jpg

—-|||RAM|||-—
Phil

sent from my mobile device
I have these on my wife's jeep and they pull hard in the rain..How are they on the Ram ?? In the rain?? Highway use ?? thx

Repsol69

Reaction score
Third on the Ridge Grapplers. For an A/T tire these are amazingly quiet. They look fantastic and ride great to!

11388fc09a1ef16dfb5392db8ef31a7a.jpg

—-|||RAM|||-—
Phil

sent from my mobile device
2wd or 4x4??

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
I have Nitto Ridge Grappler 33x12.5x20. 21k miles. Tires are very noisy. Last Ram had Cooper Discoverer AT 3’s and were much quieter even at 40k miles. I would never recommend the Ridge Grapplers and will be replacing in the next few weeks.
The whole reason I’m looking at this thread is to find a quiet all-terrain tire. I’m disappointed to see some recommending the Ridge Grapplers.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The Ridge Grapplers are not an AT tire. They're HT's and are pretty darn quiet for an aggressive tire. I've had two sets of Ridge Grapplers and they are a little louder than an AT tire like the Toyo ATII's but they are quite a bit more aggressive and look a lot better. If you're looking for a quiet tire, don't buy and AT or HT tire.

jkm312

Reaction score
I went with Cooper AT3 4s 275/55/ 20 (severe snow rated) when I replaced the OEM Duelers. No regrets or complaints about them. They have handled everything I have encountered with ease. I don't find them any noisier than the Duelers they replaced. The Duelers weighed in at 41 lbs and these weighed in at 46 lbs according to the spec sheets I looked at. The rolling resistance is a little greater reducing MPG just a very little bit, but the trade off is worth it for a much more substantial tire. They will handle some occasional off road use within reason, but are by no means built for heavy duty off road, rock crawling, muddy circumstances. I pull a fishing boat and have had no problems with the boat ramps I use, both concrete and gravel. Speaking of gravel, they don't seem to pick up as much gravel like the Duelers did because of the tread design.

It's my understanding Goodyear bought Cooper. That can't be entirely good, because it lessens the competition in the marketplace.

Hadit55

Reaction score
I went with Cooper AT3 4s 275/55/ 20 (severe snow rated) when I replaced the OEM Duelers. No regrets or complaints about them. They have handled everything I have encountered with ease. I don't find them any noisier than the Duelers they replaced. The Duelers weighed in at 41 lbs and these weighed in at 46 lbs according to the spec sheets I looked at. The rolling resistance is a little greater reducing MPG just a very little bit, but the trade off is worth it for a much more substantial tire. They will handle some occasional off road use within reason, but are by no means built for heavy duty off road, rock crawling, muddy circumstances. I pull a fishing boat and have had no problems with the boat ramps I use, both concrete and gravel. Speaking of gravel, they don't seem to pick up as much gravel like the Duelers did because of the tread design.

It's my understanding Goodyear bought Cooper. That can't be entirely good, because it lessens the competition in the marketplace.
Do you have a picture you can share? Thinking about these same tires in that same 275/55R20 size.

mcosub

Reaction score
there are several types of wildpeaks, he might have one of the noisier ones. The at3w is very quiet but i dont have your ears.
I just put the Wildpeaks on my truck last week and so far I think they have been great.

Users who are viewing this thread