5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

QUICK LOOK: We Look At The 2021 Ram 1500 Technology Group:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
My 2021 Laramie on order has the Tech and Advanced Safety Package on it. Even when I go to the ramtrucks.com website and build one I can add those on. Unless this is a brand new order and the Packages have been updated due to the SemiConductor shortage.
Exactly as I thought...thanks for confirming.

KCViper

Reaction score
My dealer told me that the web configurator would allow customers to build a truck that the dealership configurator would not (ie parts availability). Would be nice for these two systems to be synced for a more positive build experience. Bottom line....check with the dealership to ensure you can build your truck like you want!

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
My dealer told me that the web configurator would allow customers to build a truck that the dealership configurator would not (ie parts availability). Would be nice for these two systems to be synced for a more positive build experience. Bottom line....check with the dealership to ensure you can build your truck like you want!

^^^^Agreed. Always seems like dealers websites are behind in updating vehicles, incentives, or promos. I can't think RAM's website is any different. It will probably take them time to update it but maybe they won't since that is how you search for dealer inventories.

Royalist_Ram

Ram Guru
Reaction score
^^^^Agreed. Always seems like dealers websites are behind in updating vehicles, incentives, or promos. I can't think RAM's website is any different. It will probably take them time to update it but maybe they won't since that is how you search for dealer inventories.
I know Toyota specifically does this, shows what’s in inventory to be ordered and built on their website.

moparleo51

Reaction score
Its unfortunate that when ordering a Laramie 1500 that you can't get the options you want. Could not get the technology or safety package.
i have a2021 laramie with both, the tech, and the safety group

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Are you sure you can't get these on a Laramie? I could swear folks that bought 2021 Laramie's have one or both of these options. Maybe my bad.
Laramies 100% can be equipped with these options. I ordered a 2021 and remember seeing them but never chose them.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
This could of changed as of early this week or last week if what they say is true that beginning February it was changed in the dealer system that packages updated to the new ones. Until we hear from RAM themselves or a dealer directly the ramtrucks website still shows like you can get it with the options (make sure to read the fine print on the packages that it didn't go missing).

bill5

Reaction score
Are you sure you can't get these on a Laramie? I could swear folks that bought 2021 Laramie's have one or both of these options. Maybe my bad.
Positive - at least not now. Couldn't do it on website at home and they couldn't get it at the dealership. And that was at two different ones.

bill5

Reaction score
Laramies 100% can be equipped with these options. I ordered a 2021 and remember seeing them but never chose them.
Yes I saw them, but when I selected them it changed the engine to the 6 cyl. I've been building this since early Dec and it is always the same.

bill5

Reaction score

QUICK LOOK: We Look At The 2021 Ram 1500 Technology Group:​

Here Is What New For 2021...​

Its unfortunate that when ordering a Laramie 1500 that you can't get the options you want. Could not get the technology or safety package.

bill5

Reaction score
Exactly as I thought...thanks for confirming.
I ordered the laramie 1500 quad cab with 5.7 engine w/o the torque. I just tried it again and i could not select it w/o it changing the engine to 6cyl.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I just went on to the site and was still able to do it. It does look like they did update some stuff but the BSM is still part of Laramie Lvl 2 1613055410497.png

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Yes I saw them, but when I selected them it changed the engine to the 6 cyl. I've been building this since early Dec and it is always the same.
You would have to order it with etorque. Just went and did it myself. If you dont choose etorque you cant get any of those options.

Snofire

Ram Guru
Reaction score
You would have to order it with etorque. Just went and did it myself. If you dont choose etorque you cant get any of those options.

I just noticed that as well. If I select the 5.7 non-etorq and click on Lvl 2 it wants to make 8 changes, one being the Engine to an etorq.

bill5

Reaction score
I just went on to the site and was still able to do it. It does look like they did update some stuff but the BSM is still part of Laramie Lvl 2 View attachment 82484
Great. Ithink it must be related to where you live. Im in South Central Fl and I just tried it. with the etorque I can get the safety package but not the Tech Package and only if I select Laramie Package 2. I don't want Package 2, don't need the extra things. If I choose Level one, I cant get he safety package. None of this matters because the truck is ordered. My point here is that it shouldnt matter which engine I choose, I should be given the opportunity to select as many packages as I want. Maybe in 3 years when I order again. I do appreciate the research you'all did.

hecpilot

Reaction score
Great. Ithink it must be related to where you live. Im in South Central Fl and I just tried it. with the etorque I can get the safety package but not the Tech Package and only if I select Laramie Package 2. I don't want Package 2, don't need the extra things. If I choose Level one, I cant get he safety package. None of this matters because the truck is ordered. My point here is that it shouldnt matter which engine I choose, I should be given the opportunity to select as many packages as I want. Maybe in 3 years when I order again. I do appreciate the research you'all did.
I w
I ordered the laramie 1500 quad cab with 5.7 engine w/o the torque. I just tried it again and i could not select it w/o it changing the engine to 6cyl.
I went through similar issues in December. Selecting tech package forced a change to 6-cyl engine. I asked my dealer to go through the order selection process on their system and they confirmed I could get any engine option with the tech package and the rest of my options. Turns out it was an error in the Ram consumer web site builder.

leftoutside

Reaction score
building Rebel with Heads up pkg now and it requires the Night pkg as well...wont let me unselect it.

TravisJ

Reaction score
building Rebel with Heads up pkg now and it requires the Night pkg as well...wont let me unselect it.

The Ram site is weird. When I was exploring a built to serve build it would let me have the trailer tow group and the built to serve package...of course this is entirely possible in actuality.

hecpilot

Reaction score
See my message above. Having your dealer run the build through their system is a more accurate way to make sure you can get the combination you desire.

Users who are viewing this thread