5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Questions about ceramic coatings and paint protection film (ppf)

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
As much as I love my truck, I made the mistake of buying it in Black Diamond Crystal, as well. Still love it when it’s clean, but 90% of the time it has hand prints or drawings on the side from my kids. I could go 6mo without washing my white truck without being bothered by it, but I can detect dust on this black truck just from a day of driving.

I’ve tried the TurtleWax Hybrid Ceramic spray and wash, and that stuff seems to attract dirt even faster. Looks great when freshly cleaned but otherwise I can’t stand it.

Is there any coating that repels dirt buildup?

I’ve seriously contemplated just wrapping the entire truck a different color. Such a petty thing to be concerned about, but this will certainly be my last black vehicle.
I loved me 19 black bighorn when clean.. but as you said keeping it clean is like near impossible. I went to granite crystal this time around and it’s a bit easier to keep clean. Next time I might be going with white!

HAL9001

Reaction score
As much as I love my truck, I made the mistake of buying it in Black Diamond Crystal, as well. Still love it when it’s clean, but 90% of the time it has hand prints or drawings on the side from my kids. I could go 6mo without washing my white truck without being bothered by it, but I can detect dust on this black truck just from a day of driving.

I’ve tried the TurtleWax Hybrid Ceramic spray and wash, and that stuff seems to attract dirt even faster. Looks great when freshly cleaned but otherwise I can’t stand it.

Is there any coating that repels dirt buildup?

I’ve seriously contemplated just wrapping the entire truck a different color. Such a petty thing to be concerned about, but this will certainly be my last black vehicle.
The newer graphene coatings are supposed to repel dust but I won't believe that until I test it myself. I ordered a bottle of Turtle Wax's new graphene protectant. I'll report back on if it works. I have a Black Diamond Crystal truck as well.

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
I loved me 19 black bighorn when clean.. but as you said keeping it clean is like near impossible. I went to granite crystal this time around and it’s a bit easier to keep clean. Next time I might be going with white!
Don't do white. I thought it was beautiful, but it is just as much of a PITA to keep clean as is black. I was so happy the day I traded in my white for black!

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
The newer graphene coatings are supposed to repel dust but I won't believe that until I test it myself. I ordered a bottle of Turtle Wax's new graphene protectant. I'll report back on if it works. I have a Black Diamond Crystal truck as well.
I've heard great things about the Turtle Wax products and I am very interested in the 303 Graphene too!

HAL9001

Reaction score
I've heard great things about the Turtle Wax products and I am very interested in the 303 Graphene too!
Both should be great. I use 303 products a lot but Turtle Wax has been on a major roll lately. Here are a couple of good videos from trusted sources:

securityguy

Legendary member
Reaction score
Both should be great. I use 303 products a lot but Turtle Wax has been on a major roll lately. Here are a couple of good videos from trusted sources:
Yep...Turtle Wax used to be a joke back in the day...no more! They've stepped up their game and have some awesome products on the market now.

z0n3

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Turtle wax was always that cheap garbage nobody liked... now they have stepped up their product line and their pricing is still the same so its a win-win. I really like their ceramic spray coating, once that's gone I will try the graphene.

Eltaco

Ram Guru
Reaction score
I may order up the Graphene to try. Seems it is gaining some attention and faring well amongst the competition.

I really want to find something that repels dirt rather than attracts it. Does that coating exist? I’m Leary of wax-based coatings... that just sounds sticky.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread