5thGenRams Forums

Register a free account today to become a member! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Quality control at the factory

wvinson

Reaction score
That is absurd!

the dealer is taking the truck bask tomorrow and going through every single option line by line to make sure everything else is there to work on their plan with RAM.
Let us know what happens -- I'm looking to buy one on the lot now close to me -- 22 limited night edition with the level 1 group but doesn't have the HUD? Wonder if it can be added? When more chips available? Don't know.

rgreener77

Reaction score
Let us know what happens -- I'm looking to buy one on the lot now close to me -- 22 limited night edition with the level 1 group but doesn't have the HUD? Wonder if it can be added? When more chips available? Don't know.

Dropped it off earlier. Dealer is going to go through everything with a fine tooth comb Monday to see if anything else is missing

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

rgreener77

Reaction score
So, it's not something that can be easily swapped out. They have offered to either compensate me for the missing features, or, let me order a new one exactly the same and it would be a "priority build" which essentially puts it towards the front of the line. Sounds like if I choose the second option, they will let me drive the one without the options until it comes in.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
So, it's not something that can be easily swapped out. They have offered to either compensate me for the missing features, or, let me order a new one exactly the same and it would be a "priority build" which essentially puts it towards the front of the line. Sounds like if I choose the second option, they will let me drive the one without the options until it comes in.
I would get what you want. They will offer you next to nothing for those missing features.

KWKSLVR

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Also just talked to someone i know who is a GM of a Hendrick Ram dealership, he's been in the biz 15 years said he can't recall one showing up missing options.
If it's the one in Hoover, AL, they're lying if their mouth is moving. Terrible experiences there in both service and in trying to make a deal for a truck.

Idahoktm

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
and I'm sitting here worried about the dealer getting me my missing foam door insert drink holder thingy......🤦‍♂️
If it's for the passenger door, it's not missing. Unless you have a Limited, most Ram's only get the driver's side insert.

NCBACKCOUNTRY

Reaction score
It was missing just the drivers side. But my local RAM dealer gave me both sides anyway after I asked about missing the drivers side.
If it's for the passenger door, it's not missing. Unless you have a Limited, most Ram's only get the driver's side insert.

rgreener77

Reaction score
I would get what you want. They will offer you next to nothing for those missing features.

Dealer ordered me a new one with everything , in the meantime I get to drive this one so, essentially free miles until mine is delivered. The dealership said it’s been a struggle with Ram getting them to make it right. I’ve been really impressed with how this dealer has gone above and beyond to make it right. Westgate in Wake forest NC

wvinson

Reaction score
I'm about to get one that I've found that's in transit. It's on the window sticker. I hope it actually has it when it I see it in person.

rgreener77

Reaction score
I'm about to get one that I've found that's in transit. It's on the window sticker. I hope it actually has it when it I see it in person.

Well I’ve talked to quite a few folks that have dealt with ram for a long time and none had ever seen this happen. I’d imagine you’ll be fine

c3k

Ram Guru
Reaction score
Dealer ordered me a new one with everything , in the meantime I get to drive this one so, essentially free miles until mine is delivered. The dealership said it’s been a struggle with Ram getting them to make it right. I’ve been really impressed with how this dealer has gone above and beyond to make it right. Westgate in Wake forest NC

That's a stand-up solution by that dealer.

Will it be a straight swap? Meaning, you give them the "bad" truck, and just drive away with the "good" truck without having to pay ANY fees, including registration, etc.?

BNJMN

Reaction score
Head over to the 2022 build thread if you want to know what "priority build" means. -You could see that new truck in 6 weeks or 6 months!

Mountain Whiskey

Spends too much time on here
Reaction score
Hey, they could give you a $50 VISA gift card only redeemable for dealer items in compensation for your troubles!

rgreener77

Reaction score
Either way, he's still got a damn nice truck to drive in the meantime. I wouldn't be mad at this solution at all.

Couldn’t agree more. I’m ok in the meantime. The longer it takes the worse it is for the dealer. We average about 20k miles a year.
To answer the question further up, yes straight swap. Won’t have to pay taxes or fees again. It will be a 1 for 1 swap

And I agree, I’m grateful they did the right thing and went above and beyond to make it right. I trade every few years, they will be the first place I go next time no doubt

ShortStack

Reaction score

No sh** !!! Westgate is doing this ??? Unheard of from them. Run with it and good luck. Keep us updated.

rgreener77

Reaction score
No sh** !!! Westgate is doing this ??? Unheard of from them. Run with it and good luck. Keep us updated.

Have to say my experience with Westgate in Raleigh over the years has been less than stellar. But this situation with Wake Forest…..

chris288

Reaction score
i ordered my rebel w/ level 2, which was switched to level b, which does not include power folding mirrors, to buy and install oem power folding mirrors the kit is like 1,500 bucks,,, doubt the dealer is going to discount my truck the difference...

HSKR R/T

locally hated
Site Supporter
Reaction score
i ordered my rebel w/ level 2, which was switched to level b, which does not include power folding mirrors, to buy and install oem power folding mirrors the kit is like 1,500 bucks,,, doubt the dealer is going to discount my truck the difference...
As long as you were only charged for the level b, not much you can do for a discount. Although you should have been informed that your options changed to make sure you were okay with it. But pretty sure the power folding mirrors are part of the chip shortage delete

Users who are viewing this thread